We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q21Q21 first extraction write-up Options

neverwas
#1 Posted : 9/20/2010 9:09:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT (already): Couldn't figure out how to add images where they were actually needed but hey are in order.

For this extraction, SWIM used the Q21Q21 vinegar+lime tek. SWIM ordered from here 1 1kilo powdered bark. Just enough to work with for a while. And as you will see, this is the place to go to get your stuff. I am blown away with the results.

This was SWIMs second extraction. The first one failed due to a small research mistake on SWIMs part. Instead of getting pickling lime (calcium hydroxide) SWIM instead picked up gardening lime. So that one failed from the beginning. Being blazed was a bad idea for a first attempt as well. So this time SWIM wasn’t. SWIM was prepared and sure of what SWIM was doing, despite a few non-harmful errors. Lets get started.

ACIDIFICATION

About 200g powdered MHRB was weighed out in 35g portions as SWIMs scale didn’t go past 50g. This was dumped into the bowl. 200ml 5% vinegar was added and stirred until clumpy. To this was added 200ml near boiling water and mixed. This was left to sit.

BASIFICATION

A little over an hour later, 1 cup (150g~) of calcium hydroxide (Mrs. Wages pickling lime) was spooned into the mix and stirred. It became rather clumpy and hard to stir so more hot water was added. This was transferred to a glass dish to basify. As it sat, it looked like mud. When stirred, the brown on top exposes a grayish cement like color. This was stirred occasionally.

Three hours later SWIM was ready to do the non-polar wash. For some reason SWIM had read ahead and thought this mix needed to be heated. Thinking SWIM had just wasted three hours, SWIM started heating on a low setting using a double bowl and hot plate.
THIS WAS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY BUT CAUSED NO HARM, JUST A WASTE OF TIME AND A LESSON LEARNED.

NON-POLAR WASH

Around five hours after basifying, SWIM realized his error and just went to this step. 200ml of naphtha was added to basified mix and stirred profusely. This was left to set outside SWIMS window wearing a tin foil hat, heating from the bottom, and an umbrella in case of rain. SWIM had intended to leave this mix outside overnight to react but became nervous so the mix was poured into a jar and topped with a tin foil hat and left outside. A few holes were poked into the foil to attempt some sort of evaporation. Unfortunately, some MHRB mix fell into the mix.

Six hours later, upon waking, SWIM stuck this now cloudy mix in the freezer. 215ml of naphtha was reapplied to the basified mix, stirred and put back onto the heat source.

Five hours later SWIM checked the jar to find a lovely snow globe forming J

The second batch of DMT saturated naphtha was then added to a second jar via oral syringe (learned from the last dump how tricky MHRB can be) and left uncapped outside to evaporate a little. 250ml naphtha was added to basified mix and covered. At some point SWIM combined the two jars of naphtha into a pyrex dish. Much fluff was left behind in the first jar so after drying out of curiosity, hot naphtha was added to this jar and freeze precipped. This was drawn out via oral syringe and added to pyrex dish.

During this time, 200ml naphtha was applied to mix and last was siphoned off and thrown in the freezer. The last batch of naphtha was added a few hours later to the rest of the freeze precipped solution. There were two mixes at some point but SWIM lost that note. Both were very cloudy. This was left overnight.

Upon waking, SWIM pretty much ran to the freezer to check the solution. The solution was no longer cloudy so it was removed. These two dishes were set outside with a clean window screen over them to keep the nastys out. SWIM put a light over the two and a fan blowing lightly hoping the two would work together in evaporating some of the naphtha to make it easier later.

After 5 hours of evaporating, the two dishes were covered and put into the freezer. SWIM poured off the naphtha from the dish with more crystals and this solution was added to the other dish. SWIMS idea was that if the naphtha had more crystals in it, it would aid in forming crystals in the other dish since they had more to attach to.

SWIM lost the note about a minor incident involving an attempt at finalizing of the mix. In it, SWIM had let the dish to evaporate. SWIM kept checking on the progress and at some point it seemed to be ready. So SWIM started scraping it up and immediately was presented with goo and yet to dry crystals. Hoping to save this mix, it was left to dry some but it didn’t work out. So the mix was put back into the freezer with a minimum of naphtha, though not dissolved first.

At some point SWIM removed the larger batch from the freezer and let warm on hot plate to re-dissolve so SWIM could pull naphtha away from the goo. Once heated and dissolved, the naphtha was transferred via oral syringe to the larger and less DMT saturated dish. What was left behind (goo and nastys) was left to dry to mess with later. The dishes now had been combined and were put back in the freezer.

The final mix was left in the freezer for 36 hours. Upon removal, naphtha was poured off which was still a little cloudy, though not crystallizing. This naphtha was put into another dish to crystallize but never did so it was discarded. It seemed to contain a little bit but didn’t yield a thing. The final dish, containing a few impurities was left to dry.

FINAL CRYSTALLIZATION

Finally done! SWIM started scraping the crystals after they had dried, which took about 4 hours. By lightly scraping across the top with the razor, SWIM was able to determine if the foggy lower layer that was present was sticky or not. It wasn’t, but was very stuck. First, SWIM scraped up the pure white DMT into a pile via the dragging method and some forceful scraping. Then SWIM dug up the layer that was stuck to the dish. It rolled up like a snowball into rug-like formations the width of the razor. There was a white fluffy pile and a slightly yellowish chunky pile. SWIM chopped up the yellower pile and combined the two and mixed.

Holy shit. Total DMT collected, minus spilling a little on the carpet, blowing some away with the fan, and any that might have been left behind in the solvent was 3.245g. The total was most likely on the lower side of that due to SWIM forgetting to settle the powder in the vial first. The yield is probably closer to 3g, which is a yield of 1.5% if 3g total and 1.625% if yield was actually 3.245g. That is much more than SWIM thought would come out of the bark. So it goes to show you that having a good supplier and technique really count. The bark SWIM has is only 3 weeks off the vine so SWIM recommends this supplier to everyone. A cleanup is probably in order to determine final weight of pure product but SWIM doesn’t really want to get into that just yet. The only thing left to do now is blast off.

neverwas attached the following image(s):
1.jpg (38kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
2.jpg (34kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
3.jpg (18kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
4.jpg (16kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
5.jpg (40kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
6.jpg (28kb) downloaded 320 time(s).
7.jpg (46kb) downloaded 321 time(s).
8.jpg (23kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
9.jpg (36kb) downloaded 320 time(s).
10.jpg (29kb) downloaded 319 time(s).
My name is love, for I am without fear

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

sigmundfreuid
#2 Posted : 9/20/2010 10:45:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very nice write up ,really good yields too!!!I was gonna ask your supplier bcuz i read too fast,but luckily its the same supplier swim uses too!
Awesome!
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

neverwas
#3 Posted : 9/20/2010 10:53:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sigmundfreuid wrote:
Very nice write up ,really good yields too!!!I was gonna ask your supplier bcuz i read too fast,but luckily its the same supplier swim uses too!
Awesome!

Those yields are crazy huh? I was completely blown away! I got mine from here there is a powdered 1 kilo for $128 flat. Good stuff. He claims sometimes a DMT content of 1.6%. I received my order in 12 days. But I literally just found another supplier selling 1 kilo powdered for $78 here I came across this on mycotopia. A member said some yields were as great as 2%. Which is funny because I only got done extracting like 3 hours ago. I might try there next time if anyone has any more positive feedback for this site.

sigmundfreuid
#4 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:05:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You paid 128 $ but you got 1.7kg not 1 kg right ?Ah shit ,i wish i had know that supplier before..... its 70$ /kg with free shipping ,Damn.
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

neverwas
#5 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:28:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sigmundfreuid wrote:
You paid 128 $ but you got 1.7kg not 1 kg right ?Ah shit ,i wish i had know that supplier before..... its 70$ /kg with free shipping ,Damn.

Oh right! Yes I got 1.7kg. I'm with you man, that's a huge price difference. Would've been great to find it a few weeks ago! I'd like to know more about the quality though. I mean, where I ordered from, when I got it, it had only been harvested 3 weeks previous. I wonder how old the cheaper places stuff is.

camdemonium
#6 Posted : 9/21/2010 4:10:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats as good a price as i have found! Nice yield, now take that pure white and make some CHANGA!
Om Mani Padme Hum