We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
first aya journey Options

Elf Machine
#1 Posted : 9/19/2010 8:20:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just had my first aya journey last night. I began by eating 4g of powdered peganum harmala seeds stirred with orange juice. A half hour later I drank the tea which was brewed with 7g MHRB and 12g banisteriopsis cappi. After another 1.5 hours the effects were still fairly mild so I drank more tea (5g MHRB and 8g cappi). After 10 mins I had to purge and alot came up so I drank more tea (4g MHRB and 7g cappi). My experience stayed the same for the next 4 hours. I was expecting something more I guess. To me it was a very mild experience with only slight visuals and an anxious conscious. I have smoked DMT many times and have journeyed with mushrooms a lot at high dosages having much more profound experiences. I should note that my friend who I did it with had the same mild experience which leads me to believe the recipe wasn't strong enough. I brewed the MHRB and cappi separately using water and lemon juice to pH 2. Any comments?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 9/21/2010 9:40:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most would say those are HUGE doses of MHRB that you're using.. I recently did my first aya journey not knowing how potent MHRB was and drank a tea of 6 grams MHRB, only kept it down for 5 minutes before purging, and it was still enough to have a fairly intense first experience..

What is your brewing technique? This could be where your problem lies.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 9/22/2010 6:25:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I soaked the MHRB in the water/lemon solution of pH 1-2 for 4 days each X 3 soaks. The cappi wasn't powdered so I boiled it in water/lemon pH 1-2 for 48 hours. I should have found a way to grind the cappi but I figured it would still work somewhat since the shamans never powder theirs. Even still, the 4g of powdered peganum harmala seeds should have worked well enough with the mimosa for a good experience, don't you think? BTW, I know the MHRB is good because the DMT extractions always turn out with good yeilds.

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:04:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Elf Machine wrote:
I soaked the MHRB in the water/lemon solution of pH 1-2 for 4 days each X 3 soaks. The cappi wasn't powdered so I boiled it in water/lemon pH 1-2 for 48 hours. I should have found a way to grind the cappi but I figured it would still work somewhat since the shamans never powder theirs. Even still, the 4g of powdered peganum harmala seeds should have worked well enough with the mimosa for a good experience, don't you think? BTW, I know the MHRB is good because the DMT extractions always turn out with good yeilds.

whoa! you boiled your caapi for 48 hours!? thats not necessary nor really a good thing i dont think.
was the vine whole? yes the shamans never used powder but they also had a shit load of caapi for free. if your using whole you need to hammer the crap out of the vine and split it up into shreds. the more surface area the better.

mhrb cold water extractions will not have the same potency as boiled. at least half as strong i believe, try a hot water extract.

your #'s are a little looney Wink just saying, maybe read the aya sticky. it has really good brewing instructions and it sounds like you can get much better results with the same amounts you just consumed.

good luck
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

camdemonium
#5 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:23:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never experienced this personally ( as i have yet to make a brew) but have read on the nexus that rue and caapi don't get along, so i would suggest being cautious combining these two again.
Om Mani Padme Hum

Elf Machine
#6 Posted : 9/22/2010 8:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When you say "get along" do you mean they make you more sick? Or cancel each others inhibiting effects? Please elaborate.

Elf Machine
#7 Posted : 9/22/2010 8:11:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus wrote:
mhrb cold water extractions will not have the same potency as boiled. at least half as strong i believe, try a hot water extract.

your #'s are a little looney Wink just saying, maybe read the aya sticky. it has really good brewing instructions and it sounds like you can get much better results with the same amounts you just consumed.

good luck

I always use cold water extracts for DMT with good results, it just takes more time. 12 days with high acidity and shaking should be plenty. The numbers for the ayahuasca I used came from this site ayahuasca recipes. I just threw the cappi in to boot. I figure I'd rather make it too strong and drink less than too weak.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 9/22/2010 11:17:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what do you mean with 'good results'.. Maybe its subjectively good but that is very different than saying that its quantitatively equivalent to soak for longer or to boil... Only a side-by-side test will actually accurately compare them.

digital_phreedom
#9 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:01:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Was your MHRB powdered? Shredded? Whole? Sorry if I missed that, but that could affect potency too. My first aya test backfired because my MHRB was barely shredded, the next time I used a coffee grinder and it certainly helped me to blast off.

Elf Machine
#10 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
what do you mean with 'good results'.. Maybe its subjectively good but that is very different than saying that its quantitatively equivalent to soak for longer or to boil... Only a side-by-side test will actually accurately compare them.

I mean 6g recystallised pure DMT + a bit of psychoactive slimy gunk per kg MHRB. That's "good" for a naptha extraction.

digital_phreedom wrote:
Was your MHRB powdered? Shredded? Whole? Sorry if I missed that, but that could affect potency too. My first aya test backfired because my MHRB was barely shredded, the next time I used a coffee grinder and it certainly helped me to blast off.

It was powdered. After the MHRB and cappi were extracted I combined the 2 as a ready to drink tea and froze it for future use. Would that affect the potency?

digital_phreedom
#11 Posted : 9/22/2010 9:58:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know that shouldn't affect the potency. The only other reasons I can think of would be not enough potentiation, but you said you had the rue seeds 30 minutes prior right? So that shouldn't be the problem. Or maybe you're not very sensitive to the stuff? Have you had any successful experiences with oral DMT before? Was this your first time using this particular batch of MHRB?

olympus mon
#12 Posted : 9/23/2010 4:07:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Elf Machine wrote:
olympus wrote:

good luck

I always use cold water extracts for DMT with good results, it just takes more time. 12 days with high acidity and shaking should be plenty. The numbers for the ayahuasca I used came from this site ayahuasca recipes. I just threw the cappi in to boot. I figure I'd rather make it too strong and drink less than too weak.

yes, im not saying cold extraction doesnt work im saying that 6g brewed mhrb is a large dose but 6g cold water extraction is maybe just threshold for some people.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Elf Machine
#13 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:55:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, well there is plenty of the brew left to finish. So next time I will double the initial dose of tea, and up my powdered peganum harmala seeds to 5g from 4g. If Olympus mon is correct, the tea is a little weak because of the cold extract, and we'll see what happens. It won't be for a couple weeks but I'll let you know after the experience. Thanks for the replies.

Elf Machine
#14 Posted : 10/10/2010 7:44:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I doubled my initial dose last night and made a few other changes. I mixed my powdered rue (4g) in orange juice first, let it sit for 10 mins, then drank the rue with the aya tea at the same time. It came on in about 35 mins. It felt more like mushrooms than smoked DMT. Slight visuals, I felt very tired but restless at the same time, anxious, and my mind was racing. A little over an hour I purged and then seemed to get less high over the course of about 3 more hours. My friend got more high. I just seem to be hard headed. I've had my ass handed to me many times on high doses of mushrooms so maybe I just expect more? What do these effects sound like to you?