We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some what longterm effects of dmt??? Options

Jkrs420
#1 Posted : 9/19/2010 5:01:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi i have noticed that some other people have posted about dmt giving them memoryloss. I was wondering if that memoryloss ever went away, because over the summmer i did dmt 7 or 8 times. Its been a month later now and i feel like my brain chemistry has been altered. I would really appreciate if anyone who has ever experienced this where to tell me whetether or not u regained your memory. Thank you so much. Ps for some reason i still feel like im on dmt, just like a slight buzz tho. I really just want to get my old mindset back.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Eden
#2 Posted : 9/19/2010 5:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you positive the memory loss is a direct result of dmt? Memory loss is a very common occurrence, a drug does not need to be the cause of it.
When using any psychoactive substances, it is natural to afterwards ask "what is different in me?" Doubts arise....perhaps more harm has been done than good.
Then you forget something. It must be because of the drug you took, right? Then every time you forget something, the paranoia heightens and all mental and bodily change is attributed to the drug.

Any memory loss I can claim as a result of dmt is of things I can now chose to forget. I have forgotten absolutes, societal norms....things I now realize are not so important to remember.

Change is the rule of our existence. Hopefully you regain the old mindset you desire, but perhaps you need to accept your current awareness and move forward. Dwelling on what might have been lost may be the most destructive stance you can take.

nn-DMT
#3 Posted : 9/19/2010 5:48:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jkrs420 wrote:
Hi i have noticed that some other people have posted about dmt giving them memoryloss. I was wondering if that memoryloss ever went away, because over the summmer i did dmt 7 or 8 times. Its been a month later now and i feel like my brain chemistry has been altered. I would really appreciate if anyone who has ever experienced this where to tell me whetether or not u regained your memory. Thank you so much. Ps for some reason i still feel like im on dmt, just like a slight buzz tho. I really just want to get my old mindset back.

In my very limited experience with DMT, it has certainly altered the circuitry in my brain somehow, but if anything DMT has actually helped my memory and made me look closer into things. sorry to hear you don't like the new mindset.

I may be mistaken here, but can DMT really cause memory loss if it is a normal part of human metabolism??
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

azrael
#4 Posted : 9/19/2010 7:17:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You'll be fine.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/19/2010 7:47:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FAQ

and Health and Safety section

hope it helps Pleased

I never heard of memory loss with dmt and I dont think strassman ever mentioned either in his studies. There were no cognitive or neurological damage with long time oral dmt users.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 9/19/2010 7:53:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only times I've ever heard of DMT being associated with memory loss, its has had to do with not being able to remember the details of really deep experiences.
Sometimes there is a kind of "white out" if it is too intense, or way too much is smoked, and all you can remember is light & love & power.

In fact one of the real healing aspects of Ayahuasca is the kind of "re-living" of past memories that have been significant bends in your road!

When you say "my brain chemistry has been altered", are you sure it's not just how you are viewing the world you live in now, maybe just a little differently? A little larger than it was a few months ago?

Is it your brain chemistry that has been altered...or your perception of you & your surroundings?

Cheers
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

soulfood
#7 Posted : 9/19/2010 8:31:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I actually had a very prominent side effect for the first 2 years of using DMT, but after a while it becomes less noticable. I used to really piss off my friends by literally talking about it ALL the time. I've managed to adapt now though Smile

Scunch
#8 Posted : 9/19/2010 10:37:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed no memory issues since I started.

Quote:
I used to really piss off my friends by literally talking about it ALL the time.

Yeah, I've been doing it in all the online drug discussion places I visit lately too. Their probably getting pretty tired of hearing me sing praises for DMT all day.

skinwalker
#9 Posted : 9/20/2010 3:52:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I actually had a very prominent side effect for the first 2 years of using DMT, but after a while it becomes less noticable. I used to really piss off my friends by literally talking about it ALL the time. I've managed to adapt now though Smile

yeah thats a hard lesson to learn, i'm pissing off ALL of my friends since i started, and now i've almost 99% given up on even bring up the topic.

shoe
#10 Posted : 9/20/2010 2:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jrks420: what eden has beautifully described to you, is the process of creating what you are looking for. It is the act of consiousness expecting something to be there that infact eventually leads to its discovery.
- Like the higgs boson. Physiscists are continuing further down the rabbit hole, creating more stuff as they expect to find it there. The universe is fractal in nature. If you're looking, you'll find. or otherwise stated 'you get more of what you focus on'.

so, fill your mind with happy thoughts, imagine great relaxation in your body, and look right in the face of your challenges and smile. Smile

Namasté
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!