We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
vaporizer for dmt? Options

skinwalker
#1 Posted : 9/17/2010 2:45:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just bought a device that looks alot like that picture. I'm curious what your thoughts are on how it will work with vaped dmt? In order to offset my bets i also bought a long oil burning pipe that fits into a water bong.

My current method is just using the oil burner/crack pipe which has given me success each time but the smoke is too hot and harsh and i'm sick of it. I'm afraid with the vaporizer that I will loose alot of dmt (I did in the past with a older machine i used). Also i've tried the stupid light bulb and that was ALOT worse than just the crack pipe.

vaped dmt is by far the easiest and smoothest i've ever tried...really enjoyed it but again in the past it seemed to waste ALOT of the spice. Any advice or recommendations? I'm excited to try one of these out tonight.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/17/2010 2:53:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

at first sight I think that might be too much tubing, too long way so you might condense.. Also the fact that its a machine doesnt make it very mobile. And the chance of possibly knocking it over, or be already too far gone to turn it off and maybe the noise annoys you, or whatever. But maybe if there is a place for it to be stable and safe, and you only do it in your bed, it might work for you. Try it and let us know, after all, you already bought it anyways.

Though as you've probably read many times here in the forum, the vaporgenie and a torch lighter is thought by many to be the best method by far to vaporize dmt, so if you can get one of those, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Umantis
#3 Posted : 9/17/2010 5:40:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

what about the graphic novel that was posted the other day (here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=15465 ) - looks like one of the characters was using a Vapir One 5.0 or some such digital vaporizer - can't imagine that someone would have drawn something that hadn't been done before, but i had not heard of using this device is this manner before that illustration. does anyone have experience with this vaporizer?

skinwalker
#4 Posted : 9/18/2010 3:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i will test it out tonight. i like how the vaporizer is seated facing up so tbe spice can be dropped into it, also nice how the bowl on top hopefully should show the smoke swirling. Last time i used a vaporizer it was incredibly smooth and little to no heat. I dont understand whats so special about the glass genie i've looked at it and see nothing unique about it in comparison to a regular glass long pipe sold at my local smoke shop. I also dont see why they call it a vaporizer...if so isnt my crappy crack pipe and bulb a "vaporizer" too...as i dont burn the dmt i heat it until it vaporizes. Yes i've read the reviews on her eabout the genie but i still think it just looks like a regular old pipe other than its clear. I'm sure i'm completely wrong and when/if i buy one i hope to be pleasantly surprised!
i'll update i'm sure tomorrow.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/18/2010 8:55:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes test that vaporizer and let us know

and no, the vaporgenie is not a regular pipe, its a vaporizing pipe, which makes all the difference in the world (the fire never touches the product due to the ceramic filter)

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 9/18/2010 9:00:10 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

As endlessness said, it's allll in the ceramic filter
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

skinwalker
#7 Posted : 9/18/2010 11:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

perhaps i should have tried that. i just tried my contracption and it was horrible. It left me with an angry feeling and and horrible feeling of smog filled lungs. It was honestly the first time ever i had a feeling of absolute contempt for smoking dmt, i hate it and hate this dirty feeling. Weird , i never saw the entites and had a gagging hot smog filled senstation the entire time. Never had this ever before. Weird like a feeling of never do this again...

I need some oral dmt as smoking itfor some uniqeue bizarre reason really really messed me up this time. I dont understand why, or why i have this horrible feeling of never smoking it again....

it was soooo harsh!!! like sometimes in the past i'd smoke it and see colors and kalodscapes passing by and entities, this time it was like get ready to vomit if you can hold it in long enough... is this normal??? never had this happen before.... and contemplating going oral after this bad experience. Zero breakthrough and just a feeling of disgust from doing it for the first time ever. apparently my dmt device sucks, and I should have gotten then gvgenie

LiveUp!
#8 Posted : 9/18/2010 1:22:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I m surprised that no one ever mentions the volcano vaporizer
It's expensive but it's the best

Elf Machine
#9 Posted : 9/18/2010 6:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I bought my Volcano specifically for DMT. I don't even smoke weed. It comes with a SS filter to put oils on which is perfect for the spice. I haven't tried any other vaporizer but couldn't imagine it getting any better than the Volcano.

Elf Machine
#10 Posted : 9/18/2010 7:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing about vaporizing it into a bag. It makes it convenient to inhale as fast as you wish. My friends and I have passed around the same bag for up to 10 mins. I noticed though that the longer the vapor stays in the bag the harder it is to inhale. I suspect it is because as the DMT vapor cools it condenses on itself forming larger and larger particulates of DMT and probably less effective for absorbtion. Have you noticed this LiveUp?

skinwalker
#11 Posted : 9/19/2010 4:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i should have mentioned my dmt was a dirty yellow/light brown color. I was rushed when i first made it. I did a recrystalization at the moment and its still freezing but i'm guessing it will be snow white when i next remove it.

my question is was it sooooo harh likely due to all the impurites in it? I was using a open flame to cook off the funk in my glass vaporizor globe thinge and it was all yellow and sticky around the entire globe. As it was being cooked off by the flame it made a massive smoke typhoon inside so i couldnt help myself and it inhaled...again TERRIBLE choking smoke. I imagined as the inside of my lungs must look as terrible as the inside of that globe looked.

Will pure white dmt loose that root bark smell..and burn ALOT cleaner? I really feel i have a good setup and the problem likely isnt with the vaporizer but with the initial extraction

Newfound_wonder
#12 Posted : 9/19/2010 5:03:12 PM

Harvie Krumpet

skinwalker wrote:

my question is was it sooooo harh likely due to all the impurites in it? I was using a open flame to cook off the funk in my glass vaporizor globe thinge and it was all yellow and sticky around the entire globe.

I would say yes for two reasons. One is that SWIM did his first recrystallization on his first batch of spice the other day, and the smoke tasted much less harsh after his recrystallization. His powder was an off-white that left a stingy taste in his mouth, but after Re-X it was much whiter and had much less of a stingy taste.

The second reason is that Noman's tek says that once you've had a hit of DMT that left nothing in the pipe, you'll never want any other kind of DMT. So if your batch left some nasties in the globe, then that batch must not have been as pure as it could have been. I would like to think that a purer batch of spice and a different smoking tek might produce more pleasant results.

Good luck traveler.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

skinwalker
#13 Posted : 9/20/2010 3:45:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My ferret think the secret for a near perfect recryst or even just a perfect 1st time pull minus the stupid recryst is to put each pull in seperate mason jars and shake the hell out of them once pulled from freezer. NEVER EVER SCRAPE is the key My ferret thinks. Simply use the naptha to swirl and shake loose the top layers of crystals and pour into a coffee filter. My ferret has now noticed that all his past problems happen when he's greedy for a high mg count so he scrapes the pan which picks up all the oils and impurities which the dmt crystals are sitting on top of. Is this old news? also how does that batch in the picture look?

Malaclypse
#14 Posted : 9/21/2010 7:03:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elf Machine wrote:
Yeah, I bought my Volcano specifically for DMT. I don't even smoke weed. It comes with a SS filter to put oils on which is perfect for the spice. I haven't tried any other vaporizer but couldn't imagine it getting any better than the Volcano.

Interesting. SWIM has a volcano at his disposal as well.

Any specific tips besides using the Liquid pad thing? What setting do you use? Is this freebase or Changa?

Elf Machine
#15 Posted : 9/22/2010 6:13:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I set it to #8 for freebase. Let me know what you think.

57u133
#16 Posted : 9/22/2010 8:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just tried a vaporizer. The Silver Surfer.

At first SWIM thought the setting should be lower than for MJ but it seemed turned up a little more worked best. What is the optimal temperature?
Is a little hotter than for MJ better?

Malaclypse
#17 Posted : 9/22/2010 3:12:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

57u133 wrote:
SWIM just tried a vaporizer. The Silver Surfer.

At first SWIM thought the setting should be lower than for MJ but it seemed turned up a little more worked best. What is the optimal temperature?
Is a little hotter than for MJ better?

Well DMT should vaporize lower than MJ. However I could see needing a higher temp in the Volcano since it blows the air up into the bag. Perhaps if you vaporized at the correct DMT temperature it would take a long time to get all the actives vaporized which in the case of the volcano the bag would have been filled way before it was all used. Maybe the higher temp works best to get the full dose in one bag. Maybe it doesn't burn the spice since there is no flame directly on it and the combustion temp might be way higher than the vaped temp. Not sure, just making a guess.

Elf Machine
#18 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:32:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
Perhaps if you vaporized at the correct DMT temperature it would take a long time to get all the actives vaporized which in the case of the volcano the bag would have been filled way before it was all used.

Spread the DMT on the SS pad evenly to get maximum surface area for the hot air to blow through. There will always be residue left on the pad and yes, you can sometimes fill the bag a few times on 1 load depending on the amounts used.

Apoc
#19 Posted : 10/7/2010 6:46:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skinwalker wrote:
perhaps i should have tried that. i just tried my contracption and it was horrible. It left me with an angry feeling and and horrible feeling of smog filled lungs. It was honestly the first time ever i had a feeling of absolute contempt for smoking dmt, i hate it and hate this dirty feeling. Weird , i never saw the entites and had a gagging hot smog filled senstation the entire time. Never had this ever before. Weird like a feeling of never do this again... I need some oral dmt as smoking itfor some uniqeue bizarre reason really really messed me up this time. I dont understand why, or why i have this horrible feeling of never smoking it again....

Holy crap. I almost bought one of those globe vaporizers today but now I'm glad I didn't. I wonder why your experience was so bad though. It sounds like you turned it up way too hot. The vap isn't supposed to hurt right? Let us know if you ever have another more positive experience with your contraption, and correct what might have gone wrong in your first attempt.

moyshekapoyre
#20 Posted : 12/26/2010 10:26:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WOW !!!!! This was my first time vaping with success! (for context, I have done oral dmt and entered hyperspace maybe 4 times but smoking via GVG has never worked because I don't know what I'm doing)

So I got the Ariza vaporizer for like $170 or something off ebay. I did the STB tek and got a crappy little yield, plus I fucked up my yield by putting it in my dehydrator to dry off after the freezer, not realizing that DMT melts at very low temps... I mean it was at less than 100F (according to the dial) and it was melted. So I put back in the freezer for an hour and then scraped up this gloppy shit and I thought I fucked it all up but just for science's sake I put it (all of the 75mg that I got from my first pull! lol) in my Ariza and turned it up to the max setting, 260C. I put an empty 2L bottle on top to catch the spice fumes. For maybe 5 mins or more it seemed it was not doing anything. Then I noticed some little swirls of vapors rising up but still it seemed like way less than what I should be seeing. I waited and waited. Maybe by 10 mins. later my bottle was looking pretty full. I took a sip and it definitely tasted the way y'all describe it. I held it in for maybe 30 secs and I suddenly felt this GOD feeling like I was above this whole material plane, yet no visuals at this point. It felt like I was inhaling "jesus juice." I know someone here refers to it thusly. Not that I am a Christian but for some reason that terminology made the most sense, lol. Anyway, so I shared the bottle with my friend who was a total DMT virgin. He also got the God feeling but he didn't inhale as much as I did. I spread out my inhalations, not necessarily on purpose, but simply because I was too enthralled with this experience to be able to do it rapidly. It took me maybe 20 mins to finish the bottle. It was very difficult to inhale the vapors, because they were yucky and burning my throat to the point of a little coughing. There was one time though, where I inhaled a good bit, and this was the really interesting part. With eyes closed, I felt like I was getting ready for blast off. It was no longer the beautiful cosmic visuals of the lighter doses... it was now the very familiar ayahuasca scene where these crazy alien beings are dancing around, picking my brain and randomizing everything in my skull. Not a nice feeling, but not really horrible. This scene lasts maybe an hour or two for me with oral DMT--but I never knew if it was the DMT or the harmalas doing it. Now I know, it is DEFINITELY the DMT. Question: do others here get that scene before blasting off, or is it just me? I wonder how long it lasts with the vape experience before blast off?

I guess I wasn't really ready to blast off because I was in the wrong setting, and no one was there to grab my vape from me. My housemates were trying to watch football, even though I think I got them to mute it. But perhaps also I would have needed one more nice big rip to blast off in any case.

I just love the smoking experience. I never have enough time to do oral anymore. Plus oral involves vomiting usually... I mean I still think I should make time for oral rather than smoking, since it is quite an incredibly long and wonderful experience, but I will definitely be smoking this stuff pretty often now, once I get better at extracting it. I wish it were easier on the throat... I've read about making changa, but the last time I tried that I didn't get nearly as strong effects....

12NEXT