We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
just an introduction Options

actualfactual
#1 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:32:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I've been lurking now for a few days so I thought it was about time to introduce myself to the community.

I'm a male in my late 20s, but I first got interested in DMT when I was around 16 years old. I looked into an extraction back then but the process was much more complex then it is now, and the product never came out looking as clean. I figured when it was my time to try the spice it would find me.

I spent the next 10 years trying a lot of different substances. I've done more then my fair share of psychedelics -- from LSD to DPT to 5-MeO-DMT to psilocybin and and more then a dozen others. I never came across DMT though and it kind of faded from my mind.

My mother died a few years ago, and at the time she died I hadn't seen her in nearly a year. It put an incredible amount of stress on me, and I managed to pick up an addiction to both benzodiazepines and opiates. I did a lot of things I'm not proud of. I ended up moving across the country because I felt I couldn't stop using in the surroundings I was in.

Long story short, I ended up moving and kicking the habit. I went cold turkey, and had 2 seizures. I've managed to stay clean since then, almost a year now. I never fully integrated back into a social life, between the move to a new place and the kick I just didn't feel the need to be social again yet. My personality changed entirely.

I was going through some of my old things I had never unpacked, and came across Straussman's book, which I hadn't read in years. Suddenly DMT was back on my mind again.

I'm comfortable living without drugs for the most part, but I remembered how much I always wanted to try DMT. I realize I still have a lot of personal work to do, and I'd like to address a few issues with myself. Some of these things are my past addiction and how it has made me extremely introverted, my mothers death that I was medicating to avoid addressing, and my spirituality.

I spent pretty much the entirety of past week reading all the information I could about DMT. I've already acquired everything for the extraction, and I'm probably going to start this weekend. I'm not in a hurry, I've waited over a decade already Smile

I realized with all the time I had spent reading this site, I should probably go ahead and introduce myself. I apologize that my writing is far from eloquent!

Not quite sure what else to say at the moment, so I will go ahead and end this for now.

Thanks for reading Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jbark
#2 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:40:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the NEXT-US!! Looks like you've found the right place. That's a tough one, addiction. Some here have lived through that and have gone on to a deepened understanding of themselves and their "spirit" through psychedelics. They are a wonderful tool, but by no means easy ones. Hope to hear more from you and glad you're aboard.

Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, aloneits. It's a huge step, discovering the need to make the move and actually doing it. Best of luck!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:58:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the NexusSmile

Congratulations on quitting benzos and opiates-I can empathise with the opiate bit! The things we do to ourselves, eh!?

Good luck with your extraction and happy travelsWink
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 9/17/2010 5:13:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, aloneits. I respect your fortitude and wish you many blessings on your path. Smile I think you will enjoy it here!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

actualfactual
#6 Posted : 9/20/2010 11:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys -- little update:

Did my first extraction today! I did a STB this time (saved 100g of bark for a Q21 to compare yields). Just threw the last pull in the freezer. I plan on doing a recrystallization with heptane within the next couple days and hopefully my first journey later this week!

ucorky
#7 Posted : 9/21/2010 4:54:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New here myself. Will be watching your results.
Any references to ingested drugs or substances are understood to be legally obtained, grown, or prescribed or may not exist at all. Ucorky is the name of a character in an upcoming book on ficticious dreamers. Any references of the above or by SWIM, SWAM, SWARM, Uncle Swimmie or SWIMICTIN are purely a matter of conjecture. To, TOO and TWO =2

eyorca
#8 Posted : 9/21/2010 6:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man, nice to meet yah! Sorry about the struggles.. a lot of that must have been very difficult. You can PM me if you need to talk about any of it. Safe Travels! : )

actualfactual
#9 Posted : 9/27/2010 7:51:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ended up dosing a couple times and I didn't really enjoy it at all..

It was reminiscent of high dose mushrooms -- very standard "tryptaminey" imo

It had an unpleasant body load and after I tried it the first time I didn't really want to even do it again. I did try it a couple more times but I really dislike the body load. I was really glad it lasts as short as it does.

I'm going to try again this weekend and try to get a breakthrough. At sub breakthrough doses I am definitely not a fan though (I was dosing 50mg of heptane washed crystal..not low dose at all just not breaking through)

I actually found it almost dysphoric at times.

Skizm
#10 Posted : 9/27/2010 8:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome home aloneits. I'm sure you will fit right in.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

actualfactual
#11 Posted : 10/1/2010 1:01:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had my first true DMT journey last night..

I'm still trying to put together all the implications in my head. I barely slept last night at all. That was not what I was expecting at all..

I'm not a very good writer at all but I'm going to try to put together a report..

Long story short though...It appears that I am the universe.

ragabr
#12 Posted : 10/1/2010 6:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, sounds like a good visit.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms