We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First experiences with DMT, trouble breaking through Options

ifight
#1 Posted : 9/16/2010 1:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, been lurking for a bit, decided to finally make an account because I could use some advice.

I'm what I like to think of as an experienced psychonaut. I've dosed on plenty of LSD and mushrooms but until recently never met anyone who spoke about dmt, never mind offered me any. That's changed in the last year and I've had a few opportunities to try it. First one was new years eve at a Phish concert. I was already dosed pretty heavily and the deems were offered spur of the moment by somebody I barely knew. Because I was already tripping I took a small hit to satisfy the person who offered it, and barely noticed any effect. Very uneventful first time, but I also didn't know what I was missing out on, so I didn't think much of it.

Second encounter was a few months later, at Wanee music festival. A newly acquired friend had brought a bunch of dmt to sell and trade at the shows. He offered me a hit and decided to have a go. He packed some on top of some MJ and told me to hit it as hard as I could. This time the effects were noticeable, but hardly the "blasting off" he was talking about, more along the lines of a mild shroom trip. I thought it was a nice experience, but smoking this powder to trip for 15 minutes didn't seem worthwhile, so again, I didn't think much of it.

Then recently a friend returned a book I had lent him entitled "Tripping". I hadn't read it years so I started flipping through the pages and landed on an interview with terence mckenna. I don't think I need to tell anyone on this forum what he had to say on the subject Laughing. So I read the interview, starting reading up online and decided that this was something I really wanted to do. I called up my friend from the festival and made arrangements to get a personal stash of the stuff. a few (anxious) weeks later, he hooked me up with .25g. At this point I had spent a good amount of time reading up on the subject and knew about not exposing it to direct flame and to avoid bongs and bubblers to prevent recrystallization. I sprinkled about a 1/5 of the quarter gram on a bed of neutral ash, in my bubbler, but without water. I was careful not to touch the flame to the bowl and took a pretty big hit. Upon trying to hold it in, I realized it was far too harsh and was forced to exhale while coughing. I could not manage a second hit. I was pretty anxious with anticipation and I felt my body become heavy. I closed my eyes and braced myself for what I expected to be a life changing experience. The visuals were fairly impressive. The kaleidoscopic patterns were more detailed than on my usual trips. However, it did not feel like the cosmic rug had been pulled out from under me. I had to concentrate on keeping my eyes closed, because I felt that opening my eyes would break the spell and ruin the show of patterns I was experiencing. A few minutes later the visuals began to subside, I opened my eyes and within another minute felt back at baseline. I knew pretty much immediately that either I did not break through, or Terance McKenna was full of shit. So I let a day pass, and last night (6 hours ago) I had another go. Somehow, I managed to have a weaker experience than the one before. Still not satisfied, I waited 90 minutes and prepared to try again. This time, I tried using a different pipe. Its a long J shaped pipe that fits a 18mm bowl at the low end of the "J" and a mouthpiece at the top of it. I dropped a good amount of what I had left into the bottom curve, intent on breaking through, even if it took the rest of my supply. unfortunately it was a huge waste because the glass was too thick, and by the time the glass was hot enough, I had already wasted my first inhale and any chance of breaking through. Now there's just amber, semi recrystallized gunk in the pipe with now way to get it out, so thats as good as wasted...

Which leads us to right now. I have (if I'm lucky) another 50mg. its been about 2 hours since my last failed attempt and I reallly want to break through already. I've devised a "the machine" type pipe and am contemplating using the last of the spice on a final attempt- all or nothing. It's gonna be hard to land any more deemsters after this, I'm broke as a joke, and don't have a reliable place where I would attempt extracting my own.

Sorry about the long ass, rambling post but if you have any incite please reply!

Thanks guys, peace!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Newfound_wonder
#2 Posted : 9/16/2010 2:58:16 PM

Harvie Krumpet

2 things that have helped me venture further:

When I feel afraid about entering hyperspace, I ask myself why I'm afraid and reflect on it. Knowing where your fears are coming from makes them easier to extinguish.

Repeating a mantra can help calm your fears. Find some phrase to say over and over until you are no longer afraid.

Hopefully the sequence of letters above will help you in some way.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

Global
#3 Posted : 9/16/2010 5:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

That "recrystallized gunk" is just as good as the powder IMO. I actually seem to be able to get further off of it. I think it usually has less impurities than the original stuff.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:18:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are three tips that will virtually guarantee consistent breakthroughs:

1) Extract your own.
2) Get a glass vaporgenie.
3) Stop calling it deems and deemsters.

Okay, #3 won't really help you break through - but stop anyway.

gibran2
#5 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Uncle Knucles wrote:

1) Extract your own.

Excellent advice, as usual! Especially #3.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

ifight
#6 Posted : 9/16/2010 7:00:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow thanks for all the quick replies guys!

Newfound_wonder wrote:
2 things that have helped me venture further:

When I feel afraid about entering hyperspace, I ask myself why I'm afraid and reflect on it. Knowing where your fears are coming from makes them easier to extinguish.

Repeating a mantra can help calm your fears. Find some phrase to say over and over until you are no longer afraid.

Hopefully the sequence of letters above will help you in some way.

I appreciate you posting and I think you make a good point. I wouldn't say I'm scared as much as excited, but I feel my heart beating a mile a minute, so I'm going to try to mellow out and meditate a bit before my next go.

gobalswg wrote:
That "recrystallized gunk" is just as good as the powder IMO. I actually seem to be able to get further off of it. I think it usually has less impurities than the original stuff.

Yeah, the crystals have grown since I checked on it last, definitely looks potent. Trouble is it's trapped in the glass pipe with no way to try and scrape it out. I suppose I could try heating up the glass again to vape it, but that didn't work out so well the first time around.

Uncle Knucles wrote:

1) Extract your own.

1. Wish this was an option. It isn't at the moment, but I will definitely keep that in mind.
2. I will order one ASAP.
3. Duly noted... Rolling eyes
Thanks for the advice!

ifight
#7 Posted : 9/16/2010 8:02:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey again,
thought I would post a few pics of the devices I've tried using so far. Maybe it'll save someone from making the same mistakes as I did.
Here's the biggest failure so far... seemed like a good idea at the time, dropped the spice into the curve, started heating it underneath. 5 minutes later it was all melted into a orange goop, and the only "hits" I managed to take were not really thick smoke, but clear vapor. The only reason I thought I was inhaling any DMT at all is the distinct taste I got with each inhale. No effects were felt.

A few hours later the orange goop has recrystallized and it doesn't seem like I lost that much in the process, which begs the question, what was I inhaling earlier? Impurities? Here's one more picture of the recrystallized goop. Sorry for the quality, camera phone and all..

Finally here's my most recent tool. I've had the most success with this one, but still not a "breakthrough". Simple glass mouthpiece with a 18mm glass on glass joint. Steel wool has been stuffed into said joint.

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 9/16/2010 9:51:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just pour a little bit of hot acetone or IPA into your glass pipe, swish it around and dump it out into a pyrex pan. Wait until it evaporates, and voila... you've rescued your dose for later.

As to the question of what you were inhaling before, it's impossible to say (as you didn't extract it yourself - and I won't continue belaboring the point here, but do it yourself and you'll know...), but most likely you were just inhaling a tiny fraction of the dose. You will feel effects from just a few crumbs, but don't think for a minute that this can show you the true face of DMT. The first time you successfully and efficiently vaporize a 40-50mg dose... fugghedaboudit, brother. Just make sure you're wearing your Depends.

Global
#9 Posted : 9/17/2010 1:33:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Also, I usually just reheat the pipe to vape the recrystallized stuff in the pipe for magnificent results without the acetone step, but I'm definitely thinking of trying that next time to compare.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb