We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eating P. Viridis powder? Options

Jalandhara
#1 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are there any dangers or bad side effects from eating dried powdered P.Viridis leaves strait?
I'm thinking the possibility there might be unwanted substances that remain in the solid matter that a hot water extraction separates?
There is no concern over the difficulty of swallowing large quantities of plant matter, nor taste, only a concern regarding toxic possibilities.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 9/14/2010 5:40:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While I don't know from experience.. here are the thoughts that initially come to mind:

First.. If you're planning on eating P.Viridis alone.. Do remember that DMT is not active orally without an MAOI.

Second.. There are most likely other alkaloids in P.Viridis, a quick search would probably bring up results on that, and I don't know how the other components of the plant would do in your stomach with an MAOI, but certainly check on that from someone who knows first, because it could end up being a dangerous interaction.

And finally.. Depending on how strong of an experience you're seeking, you may have to eat a LOT of that plant matter. I think an average dose of P.Viridis is around 50g, and that would be a whole lot to swallow.

I'm far from an expert on this topic though, so be sure to get some more answers from better informed people before making any decision.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 9/14/2010 8:08:19 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Well, although digital_phreedom's caution is fully warranted, p. viridis has a fairly clean alkaloidal profile; it's almost all DMT, with a hint of MMT. Anything that would be bad with an MAOI would get into the typical aya preparation, anyway.

The problem is more that you're setting yourself up for a lot of puking! 50g+ of leaf powder is NOT something the human digestive system was designed to process.

You really should elaborate on your situation, there are undoubtedly better alternatives. And what MAOI were you thinking of? Eating 50g of shredded caapi? Razz

I can't see too many situations where it would be impossible to brew the leaves; it'd probably be a simpler endeavor than you think.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Jalandhara
#4 Posted : 9/15/2010 12:16:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback.
A maoi is intended, I phrased it poorly. A pure extract of 200mg.
I suppose a water extraction should be sufficient. One is used to swallowing plant matter like that so it seemed an easy way to avoid a sharp bitter gagging effect from a liquid which coats the mouth as it goes down (thinking of MHRB as I'm PV naive). Finely ground plant matter goes down easy with no effect on the senses. But if the dose is really 50g for threshold perhaps that's a bit much plant matter to stomach. Though one finds 25g easy enough, at a certain point I can see that much matter in the tummy may cause issues.
However, I'm fond of taking large doses of fiber for intestinal cleansing, so I'm wondering if maybe there are some benefits to taking PV in powder form like that. As long as there aren't toxic substances held in the fibrous material. Maybe there are body cleansing effects? Also I would think the onset should be slower when taken as a whole powder. I'm glad to hear PV is nearly pure DMT since I don't like 5-MEO much at all.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 9/15/2010 12:21:44 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Well, if you're into the dried plant matter, go ahead and try. You could easily disguise the powder in something else.... perhaps make yourself some tasty funk-shakes!
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ