We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Q21Q21 in progress questions Options

neverwas
#1 Posted : 9/14/2010 3:04:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I am making a second attempt at this tek. Last time I messed up by getting the wrong lime so hopefully this is more fruitful

I put 200g~ MHRB in a bowl. To this I added 200ml vinegar and 200ml really hot water and mixed. The mix is now sitting. As it settles it is bubbling. I assume this is a good reaction taking place. At the one hour mark I will add 150g lime and mix.

My question is simple, how long do I let this mix sit? I have no trouble waiting but I'm eager to get the fluffy white ASAP.

I'm taking pictures and notes the whole way through the process. I will be updating as much as I can if I have more questions.
My name is love, for I am without fear

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

neverwas
#2 Posted : 9/14/2010 3:33:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something came up. I have to run off for a bit. Not more than an hour. I put it into a pyrex glass dish while I'm gone. If it has to sit at all now is the time. It will be ok while I'm gone?

camdemonium
#3 Posted : 9/14/2010 3:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Should be just fine, in my experience the longer you let the mix sit the more alkaloids you get. Smile
Om Mani Padme Hum

sigmundfreuid
#4 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:04:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
Should be just fine, in my experience the longer you let the mix sit the more alkaloids you get. Smile

Thats right,a longer waiting period will freebase much more alkaloids than a short period of time. 3 hours is good ,5 hours even better.
A longer time is better mostly when you want a full spectrum of alkaloids.
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

neverwas
#5 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:09:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool that's what I thought. I'll leave it in there for a while Smile Same goes for the naphtha step right? I kinda have to go to bed early for a school thing so I'm trying to get as much as I can before then.

camdemonium
#6 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yah brotha tha longah tha bettah!

Just make sure to throw a towel or something over your container or that naptha might disappear!
Om Mani Padme Hum

neverwas
#7 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:20:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Duly noted sir! I'm pretty excited!

neverwas
#8 Posted : 9/14/2010 8:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More questions! I ended up leaving the lime mix in the pan for many hours. Thinking I had forgotten a requirement for that step, I did the heat from beneath part on said mix a few hours more. Realizing I had misread directions, I headed to the next step. Mixing in 200ml naphtha to sit was next. I left this mix covered in the double bowl on a hot plate for several hours before pouring this off into a jar. I didn't immediatly put this in the freezer as I figured I would evaporate some to reduce volume. All i did was put foil over it and poke holes in it. 5 hours later, that mix was pretty cloudy. This then went into the freezer. It's been there a few hours and more naptha is about to be poured off into the same jar and repeated. I will be doing a total of five pulls. Each is heated from below via the double bowl and a hotplate on a low setting that keeps water at almost hot.

The heated bowl of lime was ok? I assume hear isn't terrible as it is called for prior to.
Can I just let the naphtha fully evaporate? The advantage of freeze precip is to shock the crystals and speed up the process correct? Is it really neccesary?
Anything else to add? I'm still getting the hang of this.

EDIT: snow globe!! I did something right Smile Letting it evaporate a little to fit more in tje jar. Is there any way to get it out of the jar effectively? I'd like to put it into the Pyrex to scrape up. Is there anything more effective than swishing warm naphtha around the jar? Every last drop must be saved for the goodness.

neverwas
#9 Posted : 9/17/2010 2:29:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

alright so im almost done with this. Ive been waiting on the crystals to dry out. some of the outer rim ones have, but on the inside of the glass they haven't. like a dumbass, i scrape them up anyways. its all gooey and sticky. im wondering if this stuff wont crystallize. is there anything i can do to make it stop? im going to have to freeze again aren't I?

neverwas
#10 Posted : 9/17/2010 8:24:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bump. help?

EDIT: I just threw it back in the freezer with a minimum of solvent. Assuming this was a good thing, I will have some very overweight crystals Smile. They are yellowish however, not how they started. Did to much oxidization cause this and how can I dry them faster if it did?

mumbles
#11 Posted : 9/19/2010 5:53:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Read through a tek completely before starting. Understand it before starting. You could have avoided all your issues hahaha

neverwas
#12 Posted : 9/19/2010 9:04:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did read and understand it. But as this is my first attempt, I think I have some room for error. That's the best way to learn. My concern was that it was all gooey and not drying. I believe it was due to not properly filtering though, as some mimosa fell into the solution and created an oily layer. I have since dissolved and re-filtered. The damn oils were in there so I left them behind this time. Its looking alot better now. Hopefully tomorrow I can take it out and let it dry. If the oils continue, I just want to know how can I clean it up? if not now, for the future. But I am keeping notes to learn from.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 9/19/2010 11:31:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

check the FAQ

recrystalize and then retrieve from freeze precipitation as it says in the FAQ