We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Comparisons between Iboga root bark, TA and Ibogaine Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 9/14/2010 12:13:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had three flood dose sessions with these three different iboga preparations, and I thought it might be useful to compare them for anyone who might be interested. Obviously these are purely my own personal and subjective experiences and observations.

1st session

TA - a total alkaloid extract of iboga. Contains all the alkaloids in the root bark, but in a concentrated form that allows for easier dosing. My initiation experience, which is described on these boards, was with the equivalent of 22-24g of root bark. This was an incredibly deep and amazing experience; I would rate it as my most important single psychedelic/teacher plant experience of my life. Very deep visions, and a full on brain defrag, with an afterglow of months.

2nd session

Root bark (14g). Physically and psychologically, a much harder experience, despite the much lower dose. 14g or root bark was all I could manage before I purged. The root bark felt much harder on my system. Dizziness and ataxia were the worse of my three experiences. I had to lie absolutely still for many hours, even slight movements of my head would result in powerful dizziness, visual flashing and nausea. At one point in the experience I felt feverish with a very high temperature for a while. I never broke through to the incredible realm of visions and visual thought I did on my initiation, and this experience felt foggier than the others. Ultimately, the experience was still deeply cleansing, if hard.

3rd session

1g ibogaine hcl + 100 TPA extract. TPA is an alkaloid extract containing ibogaine and a few of the other alkaloids, unlike TA which is a full spectrum alkaloid extract. As a relative comparison with my other experiences, this dosage provided me with approximately 14.5mg/kg of Ibogaine for my bodyweight, which is an appropriate dose for psychotherapeutic use. The ibogaine was smooth on a physical level, much easier on the body than the root bark. I was able to move around a bit, dizziness and ataxia were still present but MUCH milder than on the root bark (although this is just relative, I was still bed bound for 30+ hours). However psychologically, I actually found the ibogaine hardest of all. All faults and inner demons were revealed, and there were many thoughts of death and mortality...it was a serious 30 hour psychological arse-kicking session, probably well deserved. Part of the hardness of this experience may be due to my not having a strong enough intention prior to journeying. Again, this experience was nowhere near as deep as my initiation experience. The ibogaine seems to wash through one's system sooner than the root bark or full spectrum alkaloids; the experience itself was over sooner, and the afterglow from this was less noticeable then with the other two experiences.

With all these different preparations, it is important to stagger the dosing slightly, to ease your system into the experience. The Bwiti feed people iboga over two days, with the whole initiation being a week long affair. Using '00' capsules was a big help when dosing. I purged all three times, after which nausea was only a problem if I moved my head too quickly. A few observations of my experiences with this fascinating plant/chemical. Iboga is no pleasure trip...no way. It lacks any kind of recreational attraction, and isn't even intoxicating. Pleasure seekers look elsewhere. However, all three of my experiences were deeply cleansing, with a long term healing afterglow. I think one’s initiation with iboga will always an extra special experience relative to future ones. People experiencing iboga, during the experience itself might get quite repulsed by it...it is always hard, sometimes pretty dark in nature, and at times you may feel downright apathetic, numb or miserable. But hang on in there. It will pass, and you will feel stronger and more solid as a result. My experience with the Ibogaine commenced a little over a week ago today, and it is only now I've really started to soar from it. So bear in mind much of the healing boost of iboga comes AFTER, as oppose to during the experience.

Based on my personal experiences, the next time I would consider working with iboga (and there definitely will be a next time) I would extract the alkaloids from the root bark and take it in the form of a TA extract. It has all the benefits of the 'whole plant' experience of the root bark, containing the full spectrum of alkaloids, but is much easier to dose with, and seems easier and smoother on the body, while also being much cheaper than buying pure ibogaine. It also provides a richer, deeper experience and a greatly extended positive healing afterglow. Think of ibogaine as a violinist, and the other iboga alkaloids as the orchestra...the overall positive impact is enhanced with all of these in the mix playing their part.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

D_Juggz
#2 Posted : 9/14/2010 12:41:41 AM

Dr Do Little

Thanks very much for this post! I was wondering about this myself.
I was just wondering if you could inform us how you consumed the extracted alks? (I heard some just wrap it or the bark powder in paper and swallow it?
Also, when you said stagger the dose, over what kind of time period do you suggest, and how low should you start for someone who hasn't been initiated.
kind regards
dj
p.s: so you know of any ibogaine clinics in south africa or neighbouring countries?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 9/14/2010 12:55:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man,

I consumed the extracted alkaloids, and the Ibogaine in '00' capsules. Dosing was staggered by 45 minutes per capsule of TA/Ibogaine. So with TA you would keep doing this with a capsule of extract until you consume it all, so the actual process of dosing can take quite a few hours...but there's no need to rush. And this makes it much easier than dosing with root bark powder...it doesn't take long before your stomach gets full and you have to purge, unlike the TA, which was pretty stress free to dose with.

I do know of an Iboga/Ibogaine treatment provider in South Africa I've been in touch with, I'll PM you the details.

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 9/16/2010 10:11:58 PM

JC

Cool report man, its good to see comparisons with all the different ways you can do the iboga. My one expereince was the hardest psychedelic experience ive ever had, during it I was like no way never again this is horrible, this was after the visionary part, it was physically and mentally exhausting. My friend thinks psychedelic expereinces shouldnt be easy anyway, and iboga was really hard but it was worth it and think everyone whos into these things should expereince it, of course I probably will do it again and its good to see info out there like this, cheers mate!

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 9/17/2010 12:47:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man,

I believe the majority of the Iboga I have experienced, both the TA on my initiation, and the second encounter with root bark, came from a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor, who offers several different varieties. The 'healer' whom was present for the first two sessions and I no longer have any diplomatic relations with definitely knew his Iboga, and like you he described quite distinct variation between different batches. The second time I believe I had a mixture of root bark from Cameroon, the Congo and Gabon. As well as batches varying in potency, he said some were clearer, like pure Ibogaine, while others were somewhat foggier in nature. This guy also has experience with V. africana at high doses and said it was very much harder on the body at high doses than Iboga, and didn't recommend it.

That is interesting you mention the inner root bark, as I've heard that to. I believe the guy I know in South Africa was the first guy to extract Ibogaine from Iboga there, and he is also a member of the Bwiti, as well as being a treatment provider. But thanks for the heads up regarding the Bwiti prepared batch, I will definitely inquire. Wink

lowjackal
#6 Posted : 3/1/2012 4:48:30 AM

PuddinTane

Bancopuma wrote:
Hey man,

I believe the majority of the Iboga I have experienced, both the TA on my initiation, and the second encounter with root bark, came from a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor, who offers several different varieties. The 'healer' whom was present for the first two sessions and I no longer have any diplomatic relations with definitely knew his Iboga, and like you he described quite distinct variation between different batches. The second time I believe I had a mixture of root bark from Cameroon, the Congo and Gabon. As well as batches varying in potency, he said some were clearer, like pure Ibogaine, while others were somewhat foggier in nature. This guy also has experience with V. africana at high doses and said it was very much harder on the body at high doses than Iboga, and didn't recommend it.

That is interesting you mention the inner root bark, as I've heard that to. I believe the guy I know in South Africa was the first guy to extract Ibogaine from Iboga there, and he is also a member of the Bwiti, as well as being a treatment provider. But thanks for the heads up regarding the Bwiti prepared batch, I will definitely inquire. Wink

Thats very interesting, seeing as how I know my extraction capabilities and cant seem to find any more than 20 gram batches for sale and they are recommending like 1.7g. or ibogaine hcl along with a 2 gram TA dosage and 2 more grams to be taken as boosters over the following 2 days. I'd love to be able to drop a thousand dollars on the intial road to ending my addiction. But if I can extract the TA alkaloids myself it seems as though spending several hundred on 60 to 80 grams (for me then my wifes dosage) would be actually affordable. Dont get me wrong because I know that the HCL is whats used for opiste addiction interruption due to knowing actually how much ibo/hcl is being used. But Wouldnt the TA taken in the correct dosage be the better for our initial dosing? Exerything I've heard about the TA extract makes me want to know what was it the Howard Lotsof took back in the 60's. Was it pure ibogaine hcl, rootbark, or a mixture of all the alkaloids much like the tribesman do...in a western sorta way?
thanks for you posts man I love reading them.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 3/1/2012 11:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude, thanks for your kind words.

From a financial perspective, extracting your own alkaloids works out as MUCH cheaper than buying the extracts directly. I think getting your own root bark and doing this makes things much more economically feasible, performing an extraction isn't hard, so I would encourage people to do this if they want to go down that route.

I know of an iboga treatment provider in South Africa and for cases of drug addiction he prefers to use pure ibogaine as he says it cuts right to the issue, he is of the opinion the pure stuff is good for looking at specific issues. I found with ibogaine though as it washed through my system much quicker than the TA or the root bark, with these there was a highly prolonged and positive afterglow (particularly with the large dose of TA ingested for my first time) and I feel this grounding positivity could be helpful for people trying to make important and desired changes to their life. My TA initiation experience was MUCH deeper than my root bark or ibogaine experience...this might purely be down to dosage, but for a flood dose experience, TA is my preferred route, by far. I'm pretty sure Howard Lotsof's first experience was with pure ibogaine hcl, via a chemist friend. But I'm of the opinion that TA is the best of both worlds...much easier on one's system than the root bark alone, yet unlike ibogaine you get the full spectrum of iboga alkaloids, which deepen, prolong and extend both the healing. Just my two cents. Wink

3rdI
#8 Posted : 3/1/2012 12:31:22 PM

veni, vidi, spici

they sound like brutally beautifull experiences and this substance really grabs my interest and i feel that is something that i must do 1 day.

can i ask what your TA dosage was please?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 3/1/2012 1:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga really is very special stuff indeed. I wish I could tell you my dosage of TA, I don't think it was small in any way though. The treatment provider at the time said I ingested the equivalent of 22-24g of root bark in TA form. Despite this dosage, it felt MUCH smoother and easier on my body than my experience with 14g of root bark, which at times was really quite uncomfortable on the body, and quite feverish. Also it felt a bit less mentally jarring than the pure ibogaine in some way. From personal experience if I was doing an iboga alkaloid extraction I wouldn't want to refine my product to pureish ibogaine, I think the other alkaloids present are beneficial to the experience. I have another flood session planned in the near future and will extracting TA from 25g of root bark for the experience.

lowjackal
#10 Posted : 4/7/2012 4:45:59 AM

PuddinTane

3rdI wrote:
they sound like brutally beautifull experiences and this substance really grabs my interest and i feel that is something that i must do 1 day.

can i ask what your TA dosage was please?

my dosage was half of what it should have been at 440mgs.
it sounds gross but anal administration shouldnt be overlooked seeingh as how the blockage from my opiate use almost killed me. For a time I couldnt get settled in any comfortable position as my insides were on a yellowish fire that eminated from the spot in my stomach where the capsuled iboga TA first released it into my digestive track.

I thought the entire experienced sucked because you can be confronted with the demons in your life and mine was a red dragon accompanied by a smaller slimer looking green blob tyhat had no interest in me but the dragon was where I took the assault on my body from.
Like in the game sonic the hedgehog I was traveling up a DNA helix and supposed to be accelerating to burst thru the top gloden platform and into a place of relief.
Instead thyis dragon that the whole time was looking at me in the eyes. whipped his tail to my back half way up the helix and the feeling of being belted with a 2x4 was the rsulting red addiction that slowly evaporated out of my body.
ADDICTION GONE!

"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote