We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Planting Season Options

Toastus
#1 Posted : 9/12/2010 1:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm slightly too impatient to wait until spring to start growing some of my ethnobotanicals; I'm itching to get them going right now. I live in Florida, USA, so it's got a good warm season. Last year it was as hot as summer all the way through November...

I can grow them either indoors or outdoors. Indoors is about 73-75 F, while outside varies a lot. It could get up to 100, but usually it's around 80-90 most of the day. Usually high humidity. It does get cold in the winter, but the winter is usually very short. It never gets below 15 degrees F, and usually the lowest it gets is around freezing. I'm planning to keep them all as perennials, instead of kill them all off, in case you couldn't tell.

What I'm wondering is if you guys think it would be a good idea to wait until spring to plant some things, or if I could start growing them now. They'd probably be kept inside over the winter. Also, does each plant have its own special needs? Would I get different results from each species if I grew them in the fall instead of spring? Or would they all die or grow weird?
Disclaimer: Everything in these posts is based on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, rendering all contents of said posts null and void.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Toastus
#2 Posted : 9/14/2010 3:44:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nobody knows?
Disclaimer: Everything in these posts is based on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, rendering all contents of said posts null and void.

azrael
#3 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:35:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes each plant has a different profile for growing conditions and times.

Google the Latin name (example: San Pedro's Latin name is "Trichocereus pachanoi" ) and the word "growing". Guides such as "Growing the Hallucinogens" are good, but I've had a lot of luck with info from general plant forums/books (i.e. not drug-oriented). People on drug forums might help with specifics on raising potency or be in similar situations as you, so they're worth investigating too.

Good luck, it's a great hobby Smile