We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growers Thread Options

nought
#1 Posted : 6/6/2008 9:26:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I figured it'd be a good idea to start a thread for us growers. I just got my hands on Maiden's Wattle(Acacia maidenii) & Psychotria viridis (Chacruna). I've been digging up information in regards to things to know when growing these girls, what types of soil they like, and all that.

So, if you're growing any plants, please post the species, and what conditions they seem to like best.

For P. Viridis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsofold
Indeed it IS possible. SWIM has a healthy dozen plants thriving next to a large window. Viridis has a DMT content of around 0.1% in the top leaves. They don't need much light (not nearly as much as MJ). Using multiple compact flourescent bulbs on a timer allows gradually building growth stock inexpensively. They do need a twice-daily spraying to keep them wet or the leaves will all curl up unhealthily. Or alternatively use some method of keeping the humidity in the room above 70%. The ideal temp is 25C (77F). Too much higher than that and you'll have problems with leaf rust which the species is prone to get. They can be propagated by burying a leaf so that half of it sticks up out of the dirt. This keeps it alive and it eventually (after several months) puts out roots and forms a sprout. The gradual harvesting of leaves allows for the making of ayahuasca or extraction to crystal DMT...

Haven't found too much for Maiden's Wattle, but we'll see how it goes Smile
nought is a fictional name I use on forums only. All posts and pictures are fictional. Any other use of this name, in any other forums, websites, or chatrooms will be someone other than myself.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fourthripley
#2 Posted : 6/6/2008 11:15:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Got a couple of 8 year old Maidenii.They sit in a sunny UK window in big pots, 6 foot one and a more stunted one.They'd love to go out but frost would kill them. Never let them get dry, had more and they died of thirst. I flood them every couple of weeks. They've never flowered though, I doubt they ever will with indoor conditions. Never really got to grips with what they really like they'll sometimes look pretty sick but bounce back for no apparent reason that I can see. Looking pretty well at the momentSmile
mistakes were made

benzyme
#3 Posted : 6/7/2008 1:42:57 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I had a p. viridis that grew well in central tx, had to leave it behind. took care of it for 2 years, it flowered four times
chacruna loves humidity, and indirect sunlight. it's very responsive, and will readily wilt if not watered daily.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

nought
#4 Posted : 6/7/2008 5:43:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley, what type of soil do you have your Maidenii in? What are the average temps of the room the plant is in?

Benzyme, did your cat ever use the p. viridis for hyperspace purposes, and if so, how was it, and what method did your cat use?
nought is a fictional name I use on forums only. All posts and pictures are fictional. Any other use of this name, in any other forums, websites, or chatrooms will be someone other than myself.

fourthripley
#5 Posted : 6/7/2008 8:25:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just ordinary bagged compost. Its in the family room so I guess fairly constant room temp, 70? I'm wearing a T shirt as I type, that sort of tempSmile
mistakes were made

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/7/2008 8:52:15 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

nought wrote:

Benzyme, did your cat ever use the p. viridis for hyperspace purposes, and if so, how was it, and what method did your cat use?

cat never fooled with it like that, just admired its growth..knowing the vibrational energy it possessed. chacruna is 'the light'.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

nought
#7 Posted : 6/8/2008 3:36:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nice, nice. I've got both my girls in 6" square pots, using Fox Farm Ocean Forest, which is pretty rich, and I figure they should be able to survive on that without feeding. we shall see..

benzyme
#8 Posted : 6/8/2008 4:22:11 AM

analytical chemist

keep in mind, they'll only grow as much as the pots allow. eventually you'll want to transplant them
small plants = scant 'light'