We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unable to return to hyperspace. Options

Nakes
#1 Posted : 9/10/2010 7:31:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd first of all like to thank the whole dmt-nexus community, this truly is an amazing site, something you don't see often enough these days.

A quick backstory on me:

I've been interested in DMT for many years, and finally decided to take the plunge into extracting it myself. I've now done more than a few successful extractions and am glad I did, it's a very rewarding process.

I've had a very good relationship with DMT up until recently. I've broken though about 10 times thus far, each experience always different and I'm still always left in awe when I come back. I've transcended space and time, and been to other dimensions, populated by strange beings (at the very least, that's what it felt like). Between a combination of things I've seen on DMT, and real world events that have happened to me, my personal beliefs about life and nature and just about everything are in a real transition period. I'm a very rational and sciency guy, but I've recently been toying with the idea of there being something more to this life, this world, and the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I won't go too much into it, but it feels like a real transitional period in my life.

Anyways, I've encountered a problem. I can't breakthrough anymore, or even get anywhere close to serious effects. The last time I had a real breakthrough experience was the first time I had used the Machine. I was out in the wilderness with a good friend and had the most vivid trip I've had yet. Since then, all of my smoking techniques have been unsuccessful. I've since tried 4 times since breaking through for the first time, all using 60mg+. Once with the machine, once with a simple spoon pipe, and now twice with the GVG, which I had hoped would have solved the issue. All trips have been more or less similar, things look sharper, colors are more "colorful", the world looks slightly stranger and different, but that's it. No intense geometric patterns, no noticeable CEV's, nothing even close to a breakthough.

I'm really baffled at what's going on. Everything I've read has told me this shouldn't be happening, since tolerance dissipates within a few hours. I doubt the spice has gone bad, the stuff was only extracted a few weeks ago and has been kept air tight, and a friend of mine had a very intense trip from the same batch.

I'm starting to get frustrated, and that's the last way I want to feel about DMT, this stuff is very special to me. There's so much more I want to see and experience.

If anybody has any input or advice to my situation, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hyperspacing
#2 Posted : 9/10/2010 7:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've encountered a similar problem. I haven't been able to succesfully hit the "sweet spot" in a while now. I've decided to take it slow and experiment with cactus and other forms of consciousness more. I'm not sure why this happens but know your not alone and when the time is right the spice will show you what you need to see.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 9/10/2010 8:27:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe this thread would help?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 9/10/2010 9:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

i think many people go through this i know i sure have multiple times in the 3 years i started working with dmt. its incredibly frustrating and i think the best advice is to put it aside for a little while.

please dont do what i did and try to kick the front door down and force my way into hyperspace!!! way bad idea. dont start chasing the dragon and piling on more and more dmt thinking that is the answer. i tried that and the trip was so bad it set be back years as far as confidence and trust using ALL psychedelics. p.t.s.d. can happen from bad trips.

its been super shitty and i finally had to abstain from all entheo's for close to 8 months. this summer i began slowly crawling back. so please keep that in mind my friend. you cant find a backdoor into hyperspace you must be allowed in.

it will happen again but the more you try and want it to the more it seems to elude. relax take a breather use some other substances. good travels
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Felnik
#5 Posted : 9/10/2010 9:36:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has happened to me on quite a few occasions. I still don't completely understand it but I take the hint.

take a little time off , I think it has something to do with our personal vibration not being right.

when this happens i usually try and work on myself and check my motivations and intentions.

Sincerity and loving intention seem to be worth alot in hyperspace.

it will come back eventually .

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

FractalShaman
#6 Posted : 9/10/2010 9:38:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nakes wrote:
I'd first of all like to thank the whole dmt-nexus community, this truly is an amazing site, something you don't see often enough these days.

A quick backstory on me:

I've been interested in DMT for many years, and finally decided to take the plunge into extracting it myself. I've now done more than a few successful extractions and am glad I did, it's a very rewarding process.

I've had a very good relationship with DMT up until recently. I've broken though about 10 times thus far, each experience always different and I'm still always left in awe when I come back. I've transcended space and time, and been to other dimensions, populated by strange beings (at the very least, that's what it felt like). Between a combination of things I've seen on DMT, and real world events that have happened to me, my personal beliefs about life and nature and just about everything are in a real transition period. I'm a very rational and sciency guy, but I've recently been toying with the idea of there being something more to this life, this world, and the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I won't go too much into it, but it feels like a real transitional period in my life.

Anyways, I've encountered a problem. I can't breakthrough anymore, or even get anywhere close to serious effects. The last time I had a real breakthrough experience was the first time I had used the Machine. I was out in the wilderness with a good friend and had the most vivid trip I've had yet. Since then, all of my smoking techniques have been unsuccessful. I've since tried 4 times since breaking through for the first time, all using 60mg+. Once with the machine, once with a simple spoon pipe, and now twice with the GVG, which I had hoped would have solved the issue. All trips have been more or less similar, things look sharper, colors are more "colorful", the world looks slightly stranger and different, but that's it. No intense geometric patterns, no noticeable CEV's, nothing even close to a breakthough.

I'm really baffled at what's going on. Everything I've read has told me this shouldn't be happening, since tolerance dissipates within a few hours. I doubt the spice has gone bad, the stuff was only extracted a few weeks ago and has been kept air tight, and a friend of mine had a very intense trip from the same batch.

I'm starting to get frustrated, and that's the last way I want to feel about DMT, this stuff is very special to me. There's so much more I want to see and experience.

If anybody has any input or advice to my situation, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Maybe freebase DMT is trying to tell you to try AYA maybe? Wut?
WHY DOES RELIGION BELIEVE THAT GOD CAME DOWN AS MAN, TO DIE FOR MAN, IN ORDER TO SAVE MAN.? BUT SAYS IT’S BLASPHAMY FOR MAN TO BECOME GOD TO SAVE HIMSELF.
WAKE UP PEOPLE
LIFE IS LOVE

camdemonium
#7 Posted : 9/11/2010 5:36:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had this problem as well, i had a few true breakthroughs off of orange "jungle spice" then just don't reach the same realm. Me and my dog finally made some white tonight actually, so hopefully the pure stuff will remedy this problem. I would suggest for you supplementing with MAOI's, they have always lengthened and intensified my spice journeys.
Om Mani Padme Hum

Blues Traveler
#8 Posted : 9/11/2010 6:48:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried to smoke it with changa?

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 9/11/2010 12:42:21 PM

John Murdoch IV

Give it a rest. Patience is the key that will open up hyperspace again for you.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

gibran2
#10 Posted : 9/11/2010 2:53:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Nakes wrote:
...Anyways, I've encountered a problem. I can't breakthrough anymore, or even get anywhere close to serious effects. The last time I had a real breakthrough experience was the first time I had used the Machine. I was out in the wilderness with a good friend and had the most vivid trip I've had yet. Since then, all of my smoking techniques have been unsuccessful. I've since tried 4 times since breaking through for the first time, all using 60mg+. Once with the machine, once with a simple spoon pipe, and now twice with the GVG, which I had hoped would have solved the issue. All trips have been more or less similar, things look sharper, colors are more "colorful", the world looks slightly stranger and different, but that's it. No intense geometric patterns, no noticeable CEV's, nothing even close to a breakthough.

Failure to break through with a GVG? I find that hard to believe. (I’m not doubting you, I’m just surprised.)

Unless you’re smoking frequently – daily or several times a day, I doubt that it’s an issue of frequency. Generally, failure to break through is an issue of technique. How were you using the GVG? Leaf bed? Metal mesh? Have you been cleaning it between uses? One inhalation or multiple?

Keeping glass devices clean is very important – with repeated use, a layer of condensed DMT builds up on inside surfaces. My “theory” is that vapor condenses more readily on previously condensed DMT than it does on clean glass, so much of your dose may be condensing.

Curious…

A 30mg dose melted onto a non-reactive metal mesh disc in a clean GVG and taken in a single inhalation, with most of the dose vaporizing simultaneously so that it’s inhaled in about 1-2 seconds (!) would without a doubt send me much further than I’d ever want to go. Intent, set, setting, etc. are all important, but DMT is a chemical that powerfully affects the brain, and a huge dose (60mg) efficiently consumed will have a powerful effect, regardless of these other factors.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Skeemer
#11 Posted : 9/11/2010 7:38:18 PM

remeeks

I'm going thru the same thing right now. I find myself craving hyerspace and i was trying to force myself to get there(daily use). It was a mistake and i paid for it/am paying for it. I've decided to take at least a few months off of everything until i find that i'm not craving it anymore, then work my way back in slowly. I'm by no means an experience voyager with spice but have quickly learned not to disrespect it or force it to happen. Hyperspace will always be there.

Eden
#12 Posted : 9/12/2010 4:17:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Failure to break through with a GVG?

I had the same experience yesterday, actually. This after taking a week "break".
40mg full spectrum on a screen bed after smoking a few bowls of 10x. (very minimal dmt re crystalized through pipe)

After taking the hit, I was extremely surprised to have absolutely no effects, only minor body load.
I was able to stand up and look in a mirror...pupils are massive, but absolutely no CEVs and barely existent OEVs.

No issues this morning. Smile

Nakes
#13 Posted : 9/13/2010 4:05:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm probably just going to take a month or so off.

And I'm fairly positive that it's not my technique. My old technique was with a bong with ash/screen layers, and usually 40~mg could easily break me through. I took 2 huge tokes out of the GVG with about 70mg loaded into it, with minimal effects. So I'm definitely thinking something wrong with me, somehow.

Ur
#14 Posted : 9/17/2010 10:12:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try meditating and pranayamaWut?

Skizm
#15 Posted : 9/25/2010 12:15:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Take some time off, it was the only thing that allowed me back into hyperspace.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

eyorca
#16 Posted : 9/25/2010 6:46:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe you're trying to learn the same lesson again??

you could try dancing and singing and then doing pushups while thinking of the funniest thing you possibly can,, i bet that would do something!: )

camdemonium
#17 Posted : 9/25/2010 7:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jimm wrote:
or maybe hyperspace is down for repairs or something.

Well those elves better get to work! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Om Mani Padme Hum

endlessness
#18 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:20:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vibrancy3
#19 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:47:10 PM

Josh

eyorca wrote:
you could try dancing and singing and then doing pushups while thinking of the funniest thing you possibly can

I think this is always a good answer! most trips i had into hyperspace is thruogh watching a comedy b4 i took a pipe or just being in a really great extatic mood and then going for it

when i have tried entering hyperspace, i don't get there but get mild visuals, rush ect. it always when randomly decide to have a pipe when i am in good mood that get to the place you enjoy

zeekborg
#20 Posted : 9/25/2010 10:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too was having problems breaking through and although it might have been a dozing issue (don't have a scale) I found that taking some time to evaluate why you want to go into hyperspace, cleaning your pipe/bong/whatever, cleaning up the area your going to trip in and make it a sacred place really seemed to do the trick.

Also just taking some time to rest and not worry about is probably the biggest thing you can do. It's very frustrating to not be able to break thru and that's just not the right mindset to go into it with. Patience is key if my experiences have taught me anything.

Good luck. Don't feel impatient or rushed hypespace will always be there and you'll eventually be allowed in again.
"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."