We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Passionflower syrup into ayahuasca what u think ? Options

TRyptamine
#1 Posted : 9/10/2010 3:52:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I read that smoking passionflower with dmt gives intense results. What would happen if we drink some passionflower syrup which sold in pharmacies as a sedative before taking ayahuasca ?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#2 Posted : 9/10/2010 4:14:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas mix well together so you may try it. I'm not sure what it will add to the aya experience though.
There should be already plenty of harmalas in your caapi brew.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

State of the Mind
#3 Posted : 9/10/2010 5:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking Passionflower with DMT does not make the experience very much more "Intense" IMO. Passionflower is a weak MAOI and as a result, it does not affect the trip a great deal. However I have found it does increase the length of my trips a little.

As for the Passionflower syrup, I think you should try it, it sounds interesting. The levels of Harmalas present in the syrup could be high or low, so start with a low dose, or try some of the syrup on its own to gauge the strength.

People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 9/14/2010 9:36:15 PM

The Great Namah

Probably just make things more sedating...at least that's my experience with passionflower.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

mumbles
#5 Posted : 9/15/2010 9:37:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TRyptamine wrote:
I read that smoking passionflower with dmt gives intense results. What would happen if we drink some passionflower syrup which sold in pharmacies as a sedative before taking ayahuasca ?
Probably very little unless you extracted 1kg of passionflower leaf. The activity of Passionflower is debatable, swim feels it does a little and only via the smoking route.