We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Delosperma cooperi - Trailing Iceplant extraction? Options

LemonScented
#1 Posted : 6/6/2008 1:00:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have reason to believe these things grow like wildfire around where I live. supposedly these things are native to africa but my area has a well-documented history of transplanting plant life. the environments quite supportive and they do quite well. does anyone know anything about them? are they prone to grow around ocean beaches? maybe its not cooperi .. maybe of the same genus or something entirely different..

has anyone tried an extraction with these or know anything about their viability? from what i've read its 5-meo and nn, quite a lot too. they grow cuttings too! just cut an non-flowering stem and plant. i think i'll try transplanting one to see.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LemonScented
#2 Posted : 6/9/2008 9:13:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

kind of assumed no one would know specifics.. nothing seems to be online about it.

may start growing them nonetheless.

magic clown
#3 Posted : 6/9/2008 11:03:35 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Some day soon LemonScented, you may be the worlds expert on Delospermia Cooperi. I hope you do start growing them. Your at the forfront of human exploration.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

catfish
#4 Posted : 9/10/2008 2:53:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i have recently acquired a coupel Delosperma cooperii plants
and also a bout 250 g wet of foliage
i will be trying to see what can be done with this plant
this is probably not the best tiem to be harvesting
but they are real cheap this time of year and ill be getting the rest
for nest year anyways
ill keep everyone updated
maybe even eating some with rue
depending on how it tastes
peace

lurkmode
#5 Posted : 2/23/2009 8:32:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

catfish wrote:
i have recently acquired a coupel Delosperma cooperii plants
and also a bout 250 g wet of foliage
i will be trying to see what can be done with this plant
this is probably not the best tiem to be harvesting
but they are real cheap this time of year and ill be getting the rest
for nest year anyways
ill keep everyone updated
maybe even eating some with rue
depending on how it tastes
peace

how did it go? I'm interested in this since I have access to quite a bit of these plants.

imalgen
#6 Posted : 4/26/2009 3:57:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BUMP

Any new news on D.cooperi teks?

MagikVenom
#7 Posted : 6/15/2009 6:19:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regular A/B produces a yellish oil that has effects I could compare to smoking DPT with a moi. The first effect to come on as well as linger is a big time audio delay when watching people speak on TV it seems realy weird to have a 1or2 second time lapse between mouth and hearing the sound. I smoked the oil with rue extract. This was using hcl at room temp on dry powder biomass. Years ago before freez percip tek was known. I just saw a big landscape plant in Burger King Drive thru next to the menu board. It wont survive the winter here and may end up dissappearing before it gets frosted. I will plant a few cuttings back in the drive thru next spring. Thats not unethical is it?

۩
#8 Posted : 3/7/2010 9:44:47 PM

MagikVenom, did you A/B the roots or the dried succulent?

Ginkgo
#9 Posted : 3/7/2010 10:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux has attempted an extraction from Delosperma cooperi earlier. I don't know if he has tried the crystals, as he seems uncertain if what he got were DMT or something else.

jamie
#10 Posted : 3/8/2010 1:41:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

he never tried them..
Long live the unwoke.

Key Omen
#11 Posted : 2/25/2011 3:25:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
he never tried them..

That's not what's important, chemical analysis is more to the point...

Ljosalfar
#12 Posted : 2/25/2011 7:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone provide additional research/info on Delosperma sp.? This is a very common and easy to grow landscaping genus. A quick search at Erowid unearthed only these:

Rivier, L. & Pilet, P.E. 1971, Annee Biologique 10, 129.
Smith, T.A. (1977) Tryptamine and related compounds in plants. Phylochemistry 16, 171-175.

Erowid's summary of the above did not provide specific info...

edit: more pieces of the puzzle - trouts notes on some other succulents has great information - on D. cooperii the fish says:

Delosperma cooperi Our initial early spring 1994 assay
showed no alkaloid. May and summer 1995 both showed
a nice 5-MeO-DMT band (we ran the May sample twice).
Plants purchased via mail order had a much darker 5-MeO-
DMT band, in the May assay, than those locally obtained
at a hardware store. Both showed the presence of 5-MeO-
DMT. Assays from September and December 1994 had
shown the presence of DMT. Our early November 1995
tlc of these plants showed both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT
present. Assays were done using both commercial plants
and plants we grew from seed. Commercial plant material
tested by Sasha showed no DMT in GC-MS.

and this from an Edot post that was itself quoting:

Quote:
I've played with these a bit. Aya type experiments with fresh foliage produced threshold results, although this is unwise due to the high oxalic acid component of the plants. I have a/b'd twice; there is a report of an extraction of mine tucked away in the lab (embarrasingly gushy blush.gif ) that gave me high hopes, but sadly a repeat experiment with a much greater amount of plant material produced scarcely anything, save confirming to me that desirable alks are indeed present; nice spicey smell but barely visible to the naked eye. For a meaningful extraction you are looking at a lot of plant material. I've never seen any published % for this plant. I have a feeling there must be enviromental, age, harvest time, feeding regime etc. factors at work; although what they may be I don't know...
Regards getting clean material to work with, these must be some of the easiest plants to propagate from cuttings. Broken plant bits stuck in unprepared dirt will root reliably and grow fast

Quote:
The 'failed' extraction was 300g of dried and powdered material that was added to highly basified water, extracted x3 with hot naphtha, solvent combined and extracted x3 with phos. acid solution at ph 3, acidic solution basified and extracted again. Solvent evapped to leave little more than the aforementioned 'spicey smell'. Upped ph and tried again, nothing; evapped primary solvent leaving nothing more than a yellow oil. NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY; project was abandoned for a year. Last week I aquired some DCM, basic plant sludge was filtered- with difficulty- and extracted. On evap. I was left with a small puddle of yellow oil which smells very nice and is defineately active. Pretty sure my plants contain 5 meo as predominant alkaloid, this stuff is active at just a smidgeon dose and closely relates to microdoses of synthed material. Whether the alkaloid exists naturally in the plant as the N-oxide or my processing formed this I have yet to determine.
To confirm, I put 700g of very wet material through a wheatgrass juicer, defatted x7, basified and extracted with DCM. Left me with a very small quantity of yellow spicey oil that was again active at very small amounts. Dry pulp has been placed in phos. acid solution for when I get the time to extract that; I don't know whether the actives are 'mobile' within the plant juice or fixed within the tissue. Dries awfully light though, so 700g dry equivelency is prob. closer to 20g dry or less.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Chief
#13 Posted : 2/25/2011 10:38:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive got quite a couple of these growing next to my Cacti.They grow really quick and you can watch them change colour during seasons.From 5-MeO-DMT to DMT.I should give Phlux some testers Very happy.

DiMiTriX
#14 Posted : 9/22/2013 10:29:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a guy said me that he's doing an extraction from 700g right now..
Tz'is aná

DiMiTriX
#15 Posted : 9/22/2013 3:12:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shit..a very bad emulsion occured..how to fix it? i can't yield any solvent from it! :S also it's very yellow and hard to distinguish the layers through the jug....never again! Thumbs down Stop

ok i've put the jar in the freezer without any result..anyway i tried to dry the solvent by letting it evaporate and it yielded a yellow goo that smells very similar to dmt. i'd let you know if it's active but i think it should be. dunno what the mixture actually is..not pure dmt for sure..maybe there's some potent 5-meo in it.

that goo is not bitter at all btw,so it might be just some fats extracted by the leaves....i suggest you all that try to perform a a/b extraction from delosperma to not use a blender to chop the leaves due to the formation of nasty emulsions. chop the leaves with a sharp knife and do 3 boils and than filtrate the stuff. Rolling eyes
Tz'is aná

DiMiTriX
#16 Posted : 9/25/2013 5:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tz'is aná

jamie
#17 Posted : 9/25/2013 7:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

vape some of the goo off of a pin into the air and smell it. You should at least smell the indole if it is there.
Long live the unwoke.

DiMiTriX
#18 Posted : 9/25/2013 8:18:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it definetly smells like some tryptamine,but it has no bitter taste unfortunatly..i think they're wax..it looks like ear wax to me! Confused Stop
Tz'is aná

MaNoMaNoM
#19 Posted : 9/26/2013 1:11:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

YAYs THANK YOU, iam delighted to find out about this plant! This is amazing, to me at least....
Love
i once had a small pot (a bout 4oz. pot) filled with earth, and decided to start watering, for ritual purposes i guess.
Even though, whatever had been planted in there before was dead.

Well, this kind of plant grew out of that pot.. i decided that this plant must be magical,
because it had grown out of just the potted ground dirt,
and i looked everywhere for a mother plant, but couldn't find one resembling the plant.
So, i decided it was a magic plant, and come to the nexus to find out it sure enough was!

I remember wishing i knew what plant it was, just because i liked how it grew.. Now i do!
My magic plant died after, what i thought was, a full life circle.... still Crying or very sad
It grew from nothing, so there must have been a seed in the dirt, or something.
It grew bigger in that pot for a long time, then flowers, then it died.

I wish i knew then how important it was to keep alive, but i would know it if i saw it.

THIS IS AN INDIGO ALERT! It has long and thin, light green leaves, white/indigo flowers.
The flower was white, indigo, lavender, color.. If anyone knows what variety this is..???

Anyway, i feel a strong connection with this plant, and it has peeked my interests.

To help you with that emulsion problem, i read that gentle disturbance will help it settle.
Such as something vibrating, like a motor on a washing machine. Well, you get the idea.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

DiMiTriX
#20 Posted : 9/29/2013 4:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it's hard to tell without a pic..this is the real delosperma cooperi..any other different color of flowers must be a hybrid,another specie or maybe a different cultivar of cooperi,but i've never seen different color of flowers in cooperi

Tz'is aná

12NEXT