We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Kratom and Psychadelics Options

stolpioni
#1 Posted : 9/9/2010 10:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is Kratom good to mix in with Ayahuasca?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 9/9/2010 10:52:04 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

in my experience the bad thoughts usually come up for a reason and should be dealt with instead of ignored and suppressed further

I haven't tried kratom yet

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 9/9/2010 11:23:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UniverseCannon wrote:
in my experience the bad thoughts usually come up for a reason and should be dealt with instead of ignored and suppressed further

Yes yes yes, my good man. Spot on!

I feel that using depressants and sedatives in order to avoid bad trips is nothing else than lobotomizing the entheogen, and therefore your experience and indeed yourself. If you experience tension and bad experiences, it is a good reason for it. Entheogens are about self-exploration and development. All people have negative elements in themselves that needs to be faced in order to be removed and yield a better psyche and a better life. As such, bad trips are often the most rewarding ones on the long-term.

camdemonium
#4 Posted : 9/11/2010 5:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Benzos make me angry:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!

How could you choke the divine beauty of entheogens with a poison produced by man!!!!!!

Anyhoo if you can't handle all aspects of the experience maybe the experience isn't for you.....
Om Mani Padme Hum

stolpioni
#5 Posted : 9/11/2010 10:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coolio.

sigmundfreuid
#6 Posted : 9/12/2010 4:07:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

stolpioni wrote:
You're absolutley right and I know that.
That is why Kratom came to mind, because its so mild, and it doesn't lower
your IQ during the "high".
I usually start without benso or sedatives, but it feels good just to
have them IF something bad would happen. Just having them around
usually gives me a better trip, even though most of the time I don't even touch them.

And what dosage do you take of kratom ? Standard dose or very small dose ? And does it somehow potentiate the effects of psychs ?
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

Electric.Sight
#7 Posted : 9/12/2010 4:42:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
Benzos make me angry:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!

How could you choke the divine beauty of entheogens with a poison produced by man!!!!!!

Anyhoo if you can't handle all aspects of the experience maybe the experience isn't for you.....

Not everything man produces is poison! Whatever "Divine" power created these entheogens, it also created us,
and thus everything we create is a fractal of the original Diviner, and should not be judged any more harshly.
There are natural poisons that can kill in a second, as well as human medicines which are quite beneficial.
All in moderation!

I do agree with your other point though, suppressing feelings with benzos do not make them go away, just temporarily forgotten. We must face the good and the bad to see all sides of the spectrum for true growth.

To the OP, I have experience with kratom, but not in combination with psychedelics. However I find if the dose is not right, nausea and dizziness can present itself which may be exaggerated due to the trip and interfere with it. I would think a low dose at the end of a trip may be very nice though and could help relax after you've battled your demonsTwisted Evil

(Note: I use Bali kratom and it has always been sedating for me, I know other strains can be more stimulating than relaxing, so I have no clue how they would combine with psychs.)
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

camdemonium
#8 Posted : 9/12/2010 6:22:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Electric.Sight: Big Pharma and everything it makes is pure poison. PERIOD.
Om Mani Padme Hum

proto-pax
#9 Posted : 9/12/2010 6:28:00 AM

bird-brain

Guess that settles that then.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

sybin
#10 Posted : 9/12/2010 7:46:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
Big Pharma and everything it makes is pure poison. PERIOD.

I guess its a good thing Kratom wasn't made by big Pharma. Moderation in all things.

Kratom muddles things slightly when on psychs but not much to worry about. More importantly, it's effects are often unnoticeable while peaking on psychs and can make you tired during the reflection phase of the trip. For this reason, as with any benzos or opiates, I reserve Kratom for post-peak. I think this serves two main functions. First, a rush of energy and clarity of thought during the reflection phase of my trip, and secondly, relaxation if not sleep after the psych effects have faded.

Electric.Sight
#11 Posted : 9/12/2010 10:10:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well Camdemonium, I suppose that means you have not experienced the wonders of LSD as that was also man-made!
I fail to see the logic that just because it's man-made it must be bad?
You are a man, or woman. Does this mean everything you have made is equally bad? Or is it just drug related?
Repeating a statement doesn't really help to explain itConfused
sybin wrote:
I reserve Kratom for post-peak. I think this serves two main functions. First, a rush of energy and clarity of thought during the reflection phase of my trip, and secondly, relaxation if not sleep after the psych effects have faded.

I think I will have to try this next time I trip, I usually smoke weed after effects have faded to relax and bump the trip back up a notch before sleeping.
I find pot clouds the mind too much though and its drag can be felt up to a whole week, kratom seems much more appealing for this purpose.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 9/12/2010 10:12:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
@Electric.Sight: Big Pharma and everything it makes is pure poison. PERIOD.

Big Pharma (Sandoz) invented and made LSD.

Electric.Sight
#13 Posted : 9/12/2010 10:20:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Big Pharma (Sandoz) invented and made LSD.

lol Obliguhl, great minds think alike!

camdemonium
#14 Posted : 9/12/2010 6:44:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Next time you take a bunch of xanax or klonopin just TRY and breakthrough, I dare you!

Seriously though, am i the only person who thinks these companies are *PURE* EVILTwisted Evil ?

http://articles.mercola....an-prescribed-drugs.aspx

Obviously not...
Om Mani Padme Hum

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 9/12/2010 7:04:56 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

camdemonium wrote:
Next time you take a bunch of xanax or klonopin just TRY and breakthrough, I dare you!

Next time you have to get treated for something really serious and life threatening (poliomyelitis, cancer, malaria, ebola, gangrene, you name it) just try to cure yourself with no big pharma remedies.

camdemonium wrote:
Seriously though, am i the only person who thinks these companies are *PURE* EVILTwisted Evil ?

Maybe and I hope that stays like that. It is rare to hear so blunt and stiff opinions that seem to lack a thorough appraisal on a given issue, fail to objectively appreciate pros and cons but rather resort to straight up judgemental anathemas.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

camdemonium
#16 Posted : 9/12/2010 7:17:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it was nice talking to you sheepleRolling eyes
Om Mani Padme Hum

Infundibulum
#17 Posted : 9/12/2010 9:44:09 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

camdemonium wrote:
Well it was nice talking to you sheepleRolling eyes

Watch your language here. If you want to spew derogative terms around here and play the self-righteous dude you know very well where the exit is.

Or you can adopt a different strategy if you believe that this issue deserves more in-depth discussion and you can start a new thread on this topic noVery happy ? Wouldn't be that great since it is a very interesting topic? It will be a great opportunity for you to show us some things (that we may ignore), learn from other people's opinions and also challenge yours and generally make a nice discussion which people here prefer far more compared to strict dogmatism.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

azrael
#18 Posted : 9/13/2010 12:44:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kratom makes pot more visual in a different way.

Read that the lower (stimulating) dose of kratom can cause anxiety during a trip and it is best used, as said above, after the peak. Cannot vouch for it from experience.

I think a "Is Big Pharma ... " thread would be enlightening for the community but am not good at making polls.

camdemonium
#19 Posted : 9/13/2010 2:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All I'm trying to do is open people's eyes, if they don't agree with me speaking my mind then too bad; I will keep saying what I feel is truth until someone puts a bullet in my head. I'm not trying to offend anyone, i just want people to make their own decisions and not be so adamantly convinced that everything they hear on t.v. or read in the news or even are told by their physician is absolute truth. I feel that society has lost its connection to the thing that we should revere most: Mother Nature, and pharmaceutical corporations do nothing to remedy this detachment, that's all.
Om Mani Padme Hum

sybin
#20 Posted : 9/13/2010 2:21:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:

Perhaps you should try just a little Klonopin instead of "a bunch". Just because you can't eat a 1/4 bar of a xanax doesn't mean the rest of us don't have self control.

As far as Pharma companies being pure evil....., nah. They definitely suffer from capitalistic greed, but that doesn't mean they haven't discovered very useful remedies. I for one would be dead it wasn't for antibiotics.

12NEXT