We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Signed in at last. Options

ouro
#1 Posted : 9/9/2010 4:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Tidings all. I've been reading up on these forums a while now and thought I should at least make a post of thanks for the verrry interesting discussions and heartening spirit of comraderie. All of this reading and researching is really on behalf of my pet snake, ouro. He's a large rainbow hued feathery serpent that is quite convinced if he ever stops eating his tail the world will come to an abrupt end. One time, though, he mistook a certain spiny plant for his tail and took about a foot long bite. That was the first time I'd ever seen him stop chewing on his tail and he was filled with such peace and amazement. Luckily, the world did not end for the rest of us. Of course after he snapped out of it he started his tail chasing again, but in a much less nervous fashion.

So I came here at last to thank all the posters who contributed to help ouro be a less obsessed and ridiculous snake, and relate the things ouro has learned in case these findings could help any other disturbed pets. Grandmaster Phlux-'s cacti prep tek (I cannot express how amazing this simple post is) really made it much easier for ouro to shed his skin and 69Ron's bringing limonene onto the scene really broke down many obstacles in particular. I have read so many amazing posts, not only factual, those are just what comes to mind immediately.

I am aware that this is the *dmt* nexus and ouro has never mistaken any of that spice for his tail before, but I actually find this forum much more inviting, supportive, mature, and productive than any of the many many other similar sites on the net I've read. Especially for ouros favorite spiny plants (the corroboree is full of good info but some of their discussions remind me too much of ouros obsessed and never ending tail chasing and ouro is afraid of being hunted down like the extinct australian 10m snakes). Besides, it's only a matter of time before some spice gets onto the tip of ouros tail and this seems like the best place to share his response.

Naturally, I have some qualms about this type of site. They are inherent in the nature of sharing information any lawmakers pet badgers would like to extinguish on the net. For example, *several* vendors online seem to quote almost verbatim nexus posted info. If this happens because a member is an honest vendor that is forced to be anonymous or a vendor in good faith sells legit products informed by this site, I have no problems. But I see the possibility of either: 1) an opportunist reads this site, finds an item that has some momentum for popularity, sells anything they want with said item's name printed on it, and cashes in until the consumers (aka suckers) wise up; or 2) a dishonest vendor hypes up a product incognito on the forums and again cashes in. I do not mention this as an accusation towards anyone, and I feel this shameful behavior is less likely to happen here than elsewhere, but it is a concern of mine. I do read anybodies posts with a grain of salt(spice?) and I pledge to post with honesty and meaning.

I'm starting to ramble a bit now... perhaps some of the above stuff really belongs in another post about being an honorable member or vendor and how to be a responsible internet customer in general. I'll get the hang of how info is split up into posts here with a little practice.

ouro out.

EDIT: hah! I made a typo in the title of my very first post... but I don't mind, I'd rather sing than sign any day.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dg
#2 Posted : 9/10/2010 1:13:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

welcome!
i think the whole swim/pet cat/dreams, whateverthing- makes posts harder to read.
if posts are filled with swims, and dreams etc i have a hard time not wanting a dip in the river, or a nap...

i doubt saying swim would hold up in court anyways.
besides that, an individual has such a small profile/impact. in all my years online i'm not sure of any one individual specifically getting busted due to posting online.(entheo related!)
if they did, think people would post at sites like this, shroomry, topia etc? i dont think so.

anyways, seems like you have some knoledge to share, hope to see you around Smile

ouro
#3 Posted : 9/10/2010 1:45:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the encouragement dg. Maybe I layed it on a little too thick in there and the post got all convoluted and cryptic. The sentiment is this: I give thanks for the help I recieved from this site even tho the members didn't even know they were helping an anonymous stranger. And, now I have aquired some info to share and I hope to selflessly give it back for anyone who wants it. even tho SWIM might be a little paranoid Pleased

Besides, there are very few people I can comfortably show pics of 2 inch long lightning storm crystal formations. People are social and like to share.

ouro

ragabr
#4 Posted : 9/10/2010 2:11:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome ouro, looking forward to those pictures!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

dg
#5 Posted : 9/10/2010 3:15:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ouro wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement dg. Maybe I layed it on a little too thick in there and the post got all convoluted and cryptic. The sentiment is this: I give thanks for the help I recieved from this site even tho the members didn't even know they were helping an anonymous stranger. And, now I have aquired some info to share and I hope to selflessly give it back for anyone who wants it. even tho SWIM might be a little paranoid Pleased

Besides, there are very few people I can comfortably show pics of 2 inch long lightning storm crystal formations. People are social and like to share.

ouro

i like your sentiment!, some of those very reasons are why i still participate, to give back what was once given Smile

note:its really not just you, lots of "swimmers" here, zero offense intended,

i just read your reply to the guy in about dried cacti and thought " here is someone who is experienced, or really knows how to gather and assimilate data very well, and convey it in a clear, bright way!! but this third person stuff makes it a bit hard to read thru.."

look forward to your contributions
dg

ouro
#6 Posted : 9/11/2010 2:50:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dg, I think we share some passion for those spiny plants, its always nice to see someone who loves cultivation as much as "use". I currently grow many cacti, tomatoes, diff peppers, white sage, heimia scaf., stevia, atemesias, kanna, delosperma boss., many other succulents, mints, aloes, wild dagga, nicotina rustica, and probably more I forgot. And I am a scientist of sorts so data integrity is something I always consider. I can see how after the initial thrill wears off you might be less inclined to post all the time, but you seem to be doing fine work.

here is a teaser for ragabr... and testing for pic posting. we'll see if zeus blesses the ol drying dish with more lightening sometime tonight.
ouro attached the following image(s):
cryst.bmp (1,397kb) downloaded 33 time(s).

dg
#7 Posted : 9/11/2010 2:57:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

neat!
i'm a serious rockhound, i go on easy trips with my son, and extreme digs by myself and friends.
like hiking miles of supersteep canyons to old gold mines to explore for crystal pockets in crumbling mine shafts Smile

ragabr
#8 Posted : 9/11/2010 6:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

:-D

Those look awesome!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms