We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
pomegranate Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 6/5/2008 5:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it true that pomegranate seeds contain DMT ? Read this somewhere on the web ...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 6/5/2008 5:28:23 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

??
no

http://www.herbdatanz.com/pomeganate.htm

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 6/5/2008 5:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.entheogen.com...p=187033&postcount=3

Quote:
In fact Punica granatum has been found to contain from 0.6 to 0.9 n,n-dmt in rootbark. that's a very high content (psychotria viridis has 0.2 and mimosa hostilis 0.8

Wether it'S true or not: me <3 pomegranate Very happy

benzyme
#4 Posted : 6/5/2008 7:17:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15620261
http://www.hort.purdue.e.../morton/pomegranate.html

the root bark has isopelletierine, not dmt.

but yeah, pomegranate is great.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

polytrip
#5 Posted : 6/20/2008 3:56:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
this isopelletierine, is it psycho-active or is it special in any other way?

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/21/2008 2:39:17 AM

analytical chemist

afaik, it's a great antioxidant. nothing really psychoactive or anything

Entropymancer
#7 Posted : 7/5/2008 11:27:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Pomegranates are delicious, and the seeds go wonderfully on salads. But as far as I know, they contain no DMT.

sonofsnow
#8 Posted : 6/3/2010 11:35:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was reading around about plants and religion, and stumbled upon Ab-Zohr.
Wich talks about parahaoma and the preparation of this drink in Yasna 22-26 (is another set of invocations to the divinities). The plant Haoma is belived by some to be rue(Peganum Harmala)or ephedra.
The drink parahaoma is speculated to contain rue as a base and adding other plants as well.
One of the plants belived to be mixed with rue is pomegranate(Punica granatum).

with some googleing i found this:

http://forums.ayahuasca....bb/viewtopic.php?t=10133

http://www.entheogen.com...ve/index.php?t-5919.html

But have yet to find valid documentaions about any dmt content in this plant (Punica granatum).
Could be another substance as the active alsoWut?

Any how, does anybody have any experience or information about this(Peganum Harmala+Punica granatum)?Rolling eyes
The things that IS has a meaning,
but it`s what IS NOT that make them usefull

MaNoMaNoM
#9 Posted : 5/20/2017 8:51:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

. Simple bark-extracts have recently been shown to be effective in vitro against the intestinal bacteria salmonella typhi, vibrio cholera, herpes simplex, HIV, and tumors.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 5/22/2017 12:23:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Pomegranate juice inhibits CYP2C9
component(s) of pomegranate inhibits the human CYP3A-mediated metabolism of carbamazepine
Another article

Quote:
indoleamines with indole ring,
such as serotonin, tryptamine and melatonin are also detec-
ted in the juice of pomegranate (Badria 2002).

Here.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

exquisitus
#11 Posted : 5/23/2017 1:34:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

btw, iranian cuisine uses pomegranates a lot.
i especially love their recipe for pomegranate + walnut stew...
can't ever have enough of that dish...
you can even buy it (Khoresht Fesenjan, can't even prononce that) in cans in your local persiatown.

Godsmacker
#12 Posted : 1/3/2018 9:09:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I found to be most interesting (psychoactive-drugs related) about pomegranate was that it's rich in potent carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, yet I've yet to find one individual who has taken a significant amount of pomegranate with different amphetamines to see if it would slow excretion & prolong half life of amphetamines in the blood stream in a manner similar to Acetazolamide-family carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, or if the abundance in acids may negate this effect.

In a separate investigation, I have been looking into the changes in amphetamine effect/duration of action when co-administered with Acetazolamide (150mg, taken PO 10 minutes before amphetamine, after eating a couple large bowls of cereal). When taken 10 minutes prior to 30mg amphetamine sulfate, I noticed that it seemed to prolong duration of the therapeutic effects of one 30mg dose of (+/-)-amphetamine sulfate (PO) by ~120 minutes (+/- 30 minutes). Unfortunately, this was the only trial I've conducted with acetazolamide, and have yet to further investigate the interaction between concomitant dosing of the two agents, as well as assessing for potential tolerance to this combination via week-long tolerance test, which will likely be conducted around the end of the month, after I have collected sufficient data from more trials.

ATM I'm considering obtaining some fresh pomegranites & pomegranate juice in order to see if the carbonic anhydrase inhibitors found in this plant would have an effect on the duration of PO amphetamine similar to that of Acetazolamide, and/or if the acidifying agents and diuretics present in the fruit will over-ride the predicted alkalizing properties of carbonic anhydrase inhibition.

If anyone else has experiences with taking pomegranate and/or other carbonic anhydrase inhibitors alongside other amphetamines/phenylethylamines, please share some experiences! Most of these interactions are completely unexplored psycho-pharmacological territory.

PS in some sects of Judaism, it's a common tradition to consume pomegranates on Rosh Hashanah, as the estimated 613 seeds the average fruit contains corresponds to the 613 mitzvot/commandments of The Torah; the pomegranate is commonly viewed as a symbol of righteousness, fruitfulness, knowledge, learning and wisdom. Some scholars of Judeo-Christian philosophy and history believe the Tree of Knowledge to have been a Pomegranate tree (Oh, Persephone, where art thou?)
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 1/3/2018 11:39:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ja,

Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors from the pericarps of Punica granatum L.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Godsmacker
#14 Posted : 1/4/2018 2:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ja,

This study was what tipped-off my interest into the use of pomegranate with amphetamines. In a couple weeks, I plan on eating both pomegranate juice & whole pomegranate fruit (each element consumed in separate experiments with week long washout periods in between each, with concomitant use of both the juice and fruit during the third trial/week) alongside my standard dose of amphetamine sulfate, fasting 4 hours prior to dosing, consuming only those two items (pomegranate and amphetamine), and not taking anything other than water/multivitamins for the next six to eight hours after co-administration.

I plan to report on how effects of amphetamine sulfate were modified by pomegranate, but would appreciate it if others in the community may also be able to try this combination out as well, ideally with species of extremely under-studied amphetamines such as DOx, ephedrine/pseudoephedrine, ma huang tea, propylhexedrine, cathinone/methcathinone derivatives methamphetamine & derivatives, fluoroamphetamines, TMA, MDMA/MDA/MDEA/etc. and report their subjective experiences wherever they may be able to.

There is practically no subjective data whatsoever on the concomitant use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors with varying amphetamine derivatives, and I am excited to see what our community may be able to unearth. This is all virgin territory just begging to be exploited Cool Pleased
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 1/4/2018 3:23:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

FWIW, I've had pomegranate/pomegranate juice in my partying arsenal for at least a couple of years because of the CYP2D9 and antioxidant effects. Those of you familiar with one of my main lines of experiential research will likely realise that my intention there was to optimise the effects of absinthe, nutmeg and other allylbenzene-based formulations. It would be very hard to say what those pomegranate summers would have been like without it. Suffice to say some special times were had.

I'd be reluctant to added carbonic anhydrase inhibitors to DOx compounds - for one thing, they last long enough as it is!

Godsmacker
#16 Posted : 1/5/2018 7:22:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

May you please post some links to your past reports of self research with pomegranate and various CYP2D9 substrates? I would be very interested to see what your results were compared with and without pomegranate. Did you ever do any trials involving cimetidine (an inhibitor of a broad spectrum of CYP450 family subtypes)? I did a quick skimp over the metabolic pathways of allylbenzene derivatives, and noted that many of the enzymes inhibited by cimetidine also play a role in the metabolomics of many members of this family. It would be interesting to see more research into these drug-drug interactions, as it seems that the cytochromes seem to play a massive role in the psychoactive roller coasters of these compounds.

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 1/6/2018 2:03:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

No cimetidine. I stick to first order plant products these days. Unfortunately my note-taking has been unscientifically patchy. Especially the bit with the pomegranate. Sorry about that.

Thus my anecdotal ramblings will likely be seen as being of limited value. I will look into performing a controlled experiment once certain health issues have been cleared up.

Godsmacker
#18 Posted : 1/9/2018 6:09:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
No cimetidine. I stick to first order plant products these days. Unfortunately my note-taking has been unscientifically patchy. Especially the bit with the pomegranate. Sorry about that.

Thus my anecdotal ramblings will likely be seen as being of limited value. I will look into performing a controlled experiment once certain health issues have been cleared up.

Don't downplay yourself! First-hand experience reports of such combinations/drug-drug interactions describing the subjective effects of novel drugs and interactions, etc. are Of incredible utility to the field of neuropsychopharmacology.

Any and all first hand accounts of the effects of understudied drug combinations would be of immense utility to both above ground and underground researchers.

Today, I drank ~473 ml of a commercial juice blend consisting of 51% pomegranate juice and 49% cherry juice between 1 and 2:30 PM. I then ingested 10mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate around 3 PM. Currently, I feel a luke-warm glow accompanying the typical effects observed with such a dose. Focus seems slightly enhanced compared to a 10mg dose without a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Effects manifested ~20 minutes post-administration (I had nothing to eat/drink sans the pomegranate juice in the past four hours prior to ingesting 10mg dextroamphetamine), and slowly, smoothly ascended to a productive plateau, which I am still currently riding as I write this comment. Apart from the increased body warmth/glow (not entirely unlike that observed from a mescaline afterglow) and a smoother peak/plateau, I haven't much else to comment. I will amend this entry tomorrow.

Holy shit. It was still running strong and hard at peak intensity up until half past midnight, around which time I noted a gradual decline in effects over the next hour or two. Despite ingesting a cocktail consisting of 100mg hydroxyzine, 15mg melatonin, 2mg clonazepam, and 25mg quetiapine around 2AM, sleep was impossible to achieve until the sun dawned around 7, by which time I had not a moment for a wink of sleep in the face of the day's dawning responsibilities. I ingested 10mg of dexamfetamine around 8:45 AM, as well as around 2:30 PM that day, noting that the enhanced and prolonged effects from yesterday's dose of dexamphetamine sulfate after ingestion of pomegranate/cherry juice weren't present, and that the effects/duration of doses taken the day after were indistinguishable from ingestion of dexamphetamine alone. I Went to bed at my typical time (around 1 or 2 AM) and got a good night's rest for the first time in days.

In a couple weeks, I plan on testing this pomegranate juice phenomenon with lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (60mg, PO). Levels of amphetamine in human plasma/serum/blood following administration of this drug tend to peak around ~2 to 4 hours post-ingestion, and plateau was present for upwards of ten hours afterwards. I plan on ingesting the same quantity of juice alongside 60mg of the pro-drug (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate), due to the prolonged time until peak levels of the active moiety are reached in the bloodstream. These results thus far have only served to further my interests into how carbonic anhydrase inhibitors effect the duration and effects of psychoactive phenylethylamine derivatives.

Hope to hear and report more,
-God

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 1/10/2018 8:34:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey, you know cherry juice contains a significant amount of melatonin?

Sounds nice - and tasty! Drool

Godsmacker
#20 Posted : 1/12/2018 8:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are there any other past accounts in the literature of the interaction between pomegranate and psychotropic phenylethylamine derivatives? I am still astounded at the results of my previously-reported experiment with 10mg dextroamphetamine sulfate and pomegranate:cherry juice (51:49 ratio); such a dramatic outcome was completely unexpected, especially so in comparison to the the results of prior experiments with acetazolamide and amphetamine. I will report back results whenever I get the chance to do more experiments with this interesting drug-drug interaciton. Unfortunately, I am limited to amphetamine and ephedrine/pseudoephedrine, and I won't have the time to extract or enjoy/experience mescaline until may. I am very curious to see how pomegranate would alter other phenylethylamine drugs' effects and duration in humans, and would love to hear back from any/everyone who may be able to provide more information about their experiences with such a combination.

12NEXT