We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
GVG - Weird Feeling Hot Vapour Re-condensing? Options

Upstart
#1 Posted : 9/8/2010 10:58:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey peeps, Confused

I'm exhilerated, but slightly concerned about the experience I just had;

I've been smoking spice off and on for while now, perfecting my extraction technique, experimenting, etc etc. So I'm somewhat familiar with this, but...
Recently purchased the GVG after the numerous positive reviews I'd heard,
So tonight I loaded it up with the goodies and took two large hits, holding the 2nd hit in I felt the vibration and dread/excitement of the journey approaching. BAM!!
Things get fractal, but in a weird way - coloured, hexagonal shapes kinda blending with reality in a glitchy video type effect, interesting geometric arifacts attaching themselves to everday objects in my living room.

Not entirely unexpected, I've experiened some really weird things with spice before as I'm sure you have. My concern was that as I began to fade back into "reality" my lungs felt kinda numb, I suddenly felt the need to drink some water as I moved from my seat into the kitchen, to the sink in what seemed a perfect fluid and graceful movement, I caught just the slightest glipse of my reflection in the window, my body shape was elongated and slim beneath my clothing, like a typical representation of a "grey" being in science fiction. all the while the feeling was slowly returning to my lungs, my mind was working overtime. I wasn't sure whether what I was feeling was Psychlogical or physical.
It was kinda scary!! I thought I'd done some damage to them, breathing felt a little heavy.
As the minutes passed, my heart slowed and I started to feel normal again, and breathing eased. but it's left me with a couple of questions;

1. was I heating the vapour too much? (I'm using a torch lighter)
or
2. was the DMT vapour re-condensing inside my lungs? can it even do that?
(I held the last hit in for ages)

Are either of thse really bad things to happen?
and I guess what I really want is a little re-assurance
Am I going to hurt myself vaping spice in the GVG?

Thanks for reading if you got this far, sorry for the rant.
Ideas, opinions or experiences?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/8/2010 11:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok lets get this straight. You smoked dmt and saw fractals and geometric shapes... You felt like drinking water and you got up while there were still some effects, and you saw a reflection of yourself which looked weird. Then your breath rhythm changed after you got affraid.

I dont see whats wrong with the story except the fact that you got up before effects were over (and didnt leave water next to you before smoking), and that you panicked when seeing your weird reflection. Of course your reflection was weird, you were on the comedown of the most visual psychedelic ever. Also its understandable that your breathing rhythm changed after getting affraid (and after having smoked dmt) and then these normal changes served as 'feedback' for your panick thinking you screwed your lungs. Maybe you made the genie too hot and was a bit harsher than normal, but no matter how much you burned your dmt, youre not going to turn into an alien Very happy

In any case read the official VG thread, its a sticky in this subforum. There's plenty of info how to smoke there with the genie in the most effective ways.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 9/9/2010 10:12:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
1. was I heating the vapour too much? (I'm using a torch lighter)
or
2. was the DMT vapour re-condensing inside my lungs? can it even do that?
(I held the last hit in for ages)

No, you were smoking some DMT. Very happy

edit: And sure it recondensed inside your lungs. Isn't that the whole point of smoking ? To get the active ingredient condense in your lungs so it can peenetrate the lung tissue and enter the bloodstream ?

Upstart
#4 Posted : 9/9/2010 5:54:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your comment's guy's,
I'm fully aware that I was smoking some DMT and that I'm not going to turn into an alien, by doing this... Rolling eyes

My real concern was the heat of the Vapour damaging my breathing apparatus, and or the possibility of the vapour condensing and clogging me up...

Breathing's Still feeling a litle bit funny today too...

Thanks guys,

Smile

gibran2
#5 Posted : 9/9/2010 6:22:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

It doesn’t take much heat to vaporize DMT in a GVG. Keep the flame a good distance above the diffuser if you feel the vapors getting too hot.

DMT vapor is biologically active, so it won’t “clog” your lungs – the microscopic particles in the condensing vapor will be quickly and efficiently absorbed into your bloodstream.

If you’re still feeling irritation the day after, it’s possible (although with a GVG highly improbable) that you burned your spice. How exactly did you vaporize it? On herbs? Screens? Metal mesh?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Riproarious
#6 Posted : 9/9/2010 9:27:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I dont see whats wrong with the story except the fact that you got up before effects were over (and didnt leave water next to you before smoking), and that you panicked when seeing your weird reflection. Of course your reflection was weird, you were on the comedown of the most visual psychedelic ever. Also its understandable that your breathing rhythm changed after getting affraid (and after having smoked dmt) and then these normal changes served as 'feedback' for your panick thinking you screwed your lungs. Maybe you made the genie too hot and was a bit harsher than normal, but no matter how much you burned your dmt, youre not going to turn into an alien

Quote:
No, you were smoking some DMT.

edit: And sure it recondensed inside your lungs. Isn't that the whole point of smoking ? To get the active ingredient condense in your lungs so it can peenetrate the lung tissue and enter the bloodstream ?

Im not sure if this is just me but I seem to be noticing nothing helpful from the comments except slight ridicule and rhetorics.

It could just be me though.

-

As for SWIM, their lungs do feel uncomfortable after spice.
Almost like an inability to inhale a lungful of oxygen.
This dissipates fairly quickly though..
Im not sure what causes this but Im sure someone on here could tell you..
*The human user "Riproarious"'s posts are 100% fictitious in nature, origin and content.*
*This user does not participate nor condone illegal activities.*

Upstart
#7 Posted : 9/9/2010 9:28:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, thanks for the advice Gibran.

Technique was just using screens,
torch lighter, point of the blue flame into the top of the pipe towards the ceramic filter, long pulls...
I agree, I dont think I burned the spice, although I think I may have overheated the vapour and then shocked my lungs with the temperature..?

Definitly scary, lesson learnt.
starting to feel much better this evening though.

Thanks,
Upstart

Very happy