We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How can you tell if you really have iboga root? Options

Tropical
#1 Posted : 9/8/2010 7:17:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

lets pretend someone had root bark from someone. Through extraction, or other relatively easy chemistry teks, can one tell if they have the real deal? Are there differences between the real deal and the "fakes". not even sure wha tthe fakes are, but read a couple times there are bogus root bark supplies around...no idea how accurate it is.

is there a way to figure out if what you have is the good stuff? with the price of the stuff, it seems reasonable to wan tot knwo for sure Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 9/9/2010 6:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could try chewing a tiny pinch of it. It should taste very bitter. But more importantly than that it should be distinctly numbing. Pure ibogaine has this property as well. The root bark sold by a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor is definitely the real deal.

Tropical
#3 Posted : 9/9/2010 6:27:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

great thanks for the info. will taste test it once it arrives. one more question, do any possible "fakes" also have this effect on the mouth? many plants that are inactive are also bitter, but numbing perhaps not so much. i wonder if perhaps Voacanga or Tabernaemontana species also are like this?

this is coming from Africa in a large quantity, which is why swim wants to be sure.

dg
#4 Posted : 9/11/2010 8:58:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Bancopuma wrote:
You could try chewing a tiny pinch of it. It should taste very bitter. But more importantly than that it should be distinctly numbing. Pure ibogaine has this property as well. The root bark sold by a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor is definitely the real deal.

bitter and numbing?? that could be LOTS of things.

sorry, i dont have anything to offer the op than that...

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 9/17/2010 12:56:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah not sure how helpful that is, and as Voacanga and related species contain similar alkaloids they will no doubt be numbing as well. If and when you get it, it would be worth comparing it to photos of known samples so you have a visual ID, and then maybe doing the taste test...Iboga root bark should taste like wood shavings soaked in battery acid, with a distinct numbing aftertaste...while many weird plants are bitter, not sure how many of them are also distinctly numbing as well. So these traits, combined with the visual ID would be your best bet. If it pasts this test, you could go one step further and try 500mg, which should provide a subtle but noticeable lift.

delta-9
#6 Posted : 10/13/2010 9:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dg wrote:
The root bark sold by a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor is definitely the real deal.

Please could you PM me the website address of this supplier? Thankyou

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 10/13/2010 10:53:22 PM

The Great Namah

Truly the best way to know is to get it from a known vendor.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 10/23/2010 9:00:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Iboga gives you nightvision like a cat. I don't know of any other substance that does this.

digital_phreedom
#9 Posted : 10/24/2010 3:59:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^
It sure does.. Even when taking booster doses I usually have to wear sunglasses for awhile.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 10/25/2010 5:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes this is a really interesting feature of Iboga, absolutely incredibly night vision. Not hard to imagine the Pygmies and tribal hunters using it for hunting in the forest at night. It can also have an incredible effect on one's hearing. I noticed this on my second encounter with Iboga root bark. I was very sensitive to sounds, and far away sounds seemed to become incredibly near. On my first encounter, I listened to Bwiti M'Congo harp music for so long that when I stopped listening to it, I kept hearing the music very clearly in the raindrops that were falling outside, for hours. That was a funny old night. Wink