We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Riddle me this... heptane... Options

heavenlypursuit
#21 Posted : 9/17/2010 6:55:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

57u133 wrote:
Bestine to Naptha 1:1 according to Norman's Tek?

What do you mean by that exactly?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

57u133
#22 Posted : 9/17/2010 3:25:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found out...but what I was wondering was if you could use bestine initially like you would naptha according to Norm's Tek...seems so.

Basically, no Naptha but Bestine in Norm's Tek...good? Bad?

Mister_Niles
#23 Posted : 2/6/2011 3:43:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tangarine_Dreams wrote:
soo ive got a bit less than 2g of spice in a beaker, i slowly added 100ml of heptane. setting it settle and pulling it off every 25ml. as i pulled it off much dmt was still solid at the bottom. the heptane instantly turned yellow! as i pulled more and more solvent thru the beaker, the solid spice kept getting WHITER AND WHITER!!! my re-x was working backwards....

this is the first time i tried to clean my spice with room temp heptane, not hot. i assumed it would pick up less yellow, but instead it is JUST picking up oils.

i took 1.2g of tan/pink/orange fishscale in a 10ml vial. to this i added about 8ml of heptane. i pulled, evapped in an AL dish over a triple boiler. i did this with about 24ml. upon evap, it yielded nearly exclusively oil that finally hardened 15min-45 later.

why cant i get my spice white guys? it just seems like every time i try to clean it up using a cleaning tek it just does nothing for me and i loose product.

using bestine for re-x and kleenstrip vmp for initial.

I'm having the same problem. 30 ml heptane : 1g spice. Several different tries with heptane at between 130 - 150 degrees f. The heptane (bestine) turns yellow and clear crystals form at bottom of shotglass and refuse to dissolve. One time I had to bring the heptane up to 179 degrees before dissolution. I get some gunk stuck to the bottom, but after several re-x's my spice is still yellow. This is spice from a noman mhrb stb btw. It is getting lighter in color but much lighter in weight.
I feel like my re-x is working backwards too. Just like TD said. In the beginning, the heptane turns yellow and clear chunky xtals are in the bottom. I can try to filter these out and see if they are yellow or clear. Can't tell because of the yellow solvent.
What I'd really like to know is why I am having trouble dissolving my spice in 130-150 degree heptane.

I've followed the tek in the wiki and in the glass shard post. I just can't seem to get it to work.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Shaolin
#24 Posted : 2/6/2011 2:15:24 PM

Stiletto Stoner

a) Try powdering spice to allow it to dissolve easier
b) Re-X with naphtha instead of bestine

Report and good luck.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

burtonridr152
#25 Posted : 2/21/2011 8:33:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yup same problem here. i been running some re-x, and the bestine always results in yellow shards after it evaps.

Whats the trick to getting big crystals?? mine are always tiny

PREV12