We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi all Options

DiMiTriX
#1 Posted : 9/7/2010 6:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi swim is a guy interested about entheogens world since he was about 17.

he did lots of research on web forums and library and some personal research and experiments about some different stuff and almost entheogenic unknown plants.

he's studying at university at the moment and has quite lab experience anyway he has a very nice home lab with very nice glasses items like cromatography columns, flasks, erlenmeyers,pipettes,burettes ext. Wink

Lab practice is his hobby. why does he decide to register to this forum?well,he could merely come here as a simple viewer,but he decides to register couse he thinks had a new method of esxtraction of plant matter,he hasn't read of it on this forum but he thinks it would be very efficent and will greatly reduce the time of extraction,new tool required..Rolling eyes

SWIM will speacks of it on advanced teks forum when he will be accepted as member
sorry for bad english Confused
Tz'is aná

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DiMiTriX
#2 Posted : 9/7/2010 6:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not just new tool,new tecnology lol Smile
Tz'is aná

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/7/2010 8:14:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome! Good to have people with chem/lab experience around Smile

So I suppose you did extract and had dmt already. How was that for you? What about oral dmt, did you try it yet?

When and how did you find the nexus, if I may ask?

See you around!

DiMiTriX
#4 Posted : 9/7/2010 11:46:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=endlessness

So I suppose you did extract and had dmt already. How was that for you? What about oral dmt, did you try it yet?

[/quote]

thanks swimm is happy to be here with you and too share his knowness with you,he lernt lots of tings of dmt here!Smile
anyway,unfortunatly he till didn't try it couse he live with his parents and they don't wanna he do it, they would be suspicious if he works with bark ordered from web, so he's searchin a friend that agree to send this stuff and extract it at his home.
Swim is studing herbalist to university so he did lots of extractions non just only alkaloids (only quinine from Cinchona rubra) but many others compounds like terpenes flavonoids anthocyanes,quinones ext ext.. he used some types of spectrography like uv-vis,ms,gas spectrography and analitycal tools hplc,tlc.
as soon as he can he will try to do it,he is thinking about a/b extraction.we will see i hope he could do and try it soon..Smile
Tz'is aná

ragabr
#5 Posted : 9/8/2010 1:09:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus! Sounds like you'll have plenty to share in other areas too! I've extracted essential oils, as well as tinctures, and love learning more about herbalism.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DiMiTriX
#6 Posted : 9/8/2010 10:16:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeaswim had lots of lab hours at university to learn some thnigs.Smile
also it's common at herbalism (pharmacy course here), people do degree thesis on drugs.
some of my mated did thesis about opium or cannabinoids with bibliographical research and i would be interested doing it about ayahuasca and dmt but i dunno if i can do extractions and analisys at university..,it will be great!
Tz'is aná

endlessness
#7 Posted : 9/8/2010 10:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting DiMiTriX, will be nice hearing more from you in the forum.

As for the thesis, maybe you can do it about harmalas, which are legal (though maybe you wont find them so interesting as dmt analysis... )

DiMiTriX
#8 Posted : 9/8/2010 11:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeahPeganum harmala is not so interestin to me but have surely more interest in med applications,MAOi are allready used as drug,dunno if harmaline and harmine or semisinthetic derivates..maybe a Banisteriopsis sp. thesis will be more interesting and new couse i don't know if banisteriopsine and the other alkaloids is still used as drugs anyway we can't do ani efficency test of it, animal essays,mediacal trials eccecc but a simple analisys of compounds and qualitative and quantitative will be enough and satisfactory to me. Cool

more must be researched rather about Passiflora incarnat that has not still strong evidence of MAOi activity..there are some abstracts around but unless i'm forgetting it doesn't seem to work a lot,not the same for harmala and banisteriopsis sp. that have strong activity.

i'm quite sceptical about how few smoked herb of changa could modify a so powerfull substance, expecially if theese herbs have no or very little effects.
I don't belive in homeopathy so i'm thinking could be just a placebo effect (could be very strong especially in theese modified states of consciousness) or a sinergic effect (less probable with so many herbs used imo)
Tz'is aná

dg
#9 Posted : 9/10/2010 1:06:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

hello! and welcome aboard
i look forward to reading your posts and ideas in the future!!

dont worry about the english, i speak/write it all the time, and make am harder to understand than you i'm sure Smile