We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
English Couple Arrested for Possession of Ayahuasca Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 9/6/2010 7:14:59 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Here's the blurb from the BBC article, which has considerably less to it than the other one:

"A man, 48, and woman, 46, were arrested in Dartington after police searched their property on Wednesday.
A substance which is believed to be Ayahuasca, and contains the Class A drug DMT, was seized at the property.
Ayahuasca is a psychoactive drug used by the South American Santo Daime Church, which one of the detainees claims to be a senior member of.
Both have been released on bail until 1 December."

http://www.thisissouthde...0610-detail/article.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/new...k-england-devon-11167874

It's such a shame that this is what law enforcement is wasting their time on. There aren't words to express depth of the disgust and sorrow I feel towards this incident.

peace,
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

kyrolima
#2 Posted : 9/6/2010 7:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not destroy cocaine and heroine dealers..
So much more beneficial to humankind.
Instead they show the "small" guys, how hard they are able to persecute.
elusive illusion

proto-pax
#3 Posted : 9/6/2010 7:16:45 PM

bird-brain

Oh man my heart goes out to these folks. Crazy world.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

lyserge
#4 Posted : 9/6/2010 7:43:00 PM

polyfather anomalous

What a shame. And just below the second article there's a link to another article about a murderer who was released from jail and ended up committing more violent crimes. All this while people were sitting in jail for ayahuasca and other medicines...
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 9/6/2010 7:45:52 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I am curious as to how they were caught. The articles say nothing. Was it airport controls? Or what?

Most likely charges will be dropped. If they were a random find it is normal that they will be given some hard time, as it is expected when you carry class a stuff without an explicit excuse.

But if they were targeted as part of a police operation or whatever, then yeah, what a waste of time and money!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

kaos.underwave
#6 Posted : 9/7/2010 4:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

too close for comfort! lovely place to trip! however we should take some small solace in these words

"Det Sgt Stuart Gilroy, who led the Dartington raid, said: "As far as we can tell there has only been one other successful prosecution for the drug in this country and that was in another part of UK."
He described the drug as a "psychotropic hallucinogenic" used by members of the religion "to get in touch with their inner selves".
He said that it is believed the drug is used as a sacrament in the same way wine is used in Christian ceremonies"

this propagandas not as bad as it could be, although the press love the cult angle. he even made a comparison to legal and common religious sacrament. not what I expected.
Onwards and upwards

SKA
#7 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:42:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Suddenly it strikes me that the religious freedom to use Entheogenic Sacraments should become a topic of discussion in the UN council, in the EU council and in organisations such as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.

Rivea
#8 Posted : 10/25/2010 6:20:39 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Unfortunately much of the leadership in the western world is not sympathetic. It is very sad.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Astralking
#9 Posted : 10/25/2010 6:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The "Serious and Organised Crime Investigation Team". O cmon... Are they insane? I bet those 2 had never caused any trouble in their life!

Seems strange to store it as aya though. Would of thought everyone would just brew as needed.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

SKA
#10 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:49:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It is amazing how deeply they disrespect religious freedom.
If the man was a Santo Daime member he SHOULD be free of prosecution and able to take his sacrament without a fuss.

Here in the Netherlands police officers entered the 2 Dutch Santo Daime churches DURING A SERVICE and they seized the Huasca and arrested the Church leaders!
Then Santo Daime started a legal defence in court appealing for the law of Religious Freedom. They were granted the Religious freedom to use their sacrament without being prosecuted. SO the police can no longer dick around with Santo Daime here.

Haven't they got religious freedom in the UK too? Wasn't the UK-branch of Santo Daime also legally permitted to use huasca without prosecution?
I think serious charges should be pressed against whoever intended to prosecute these brittish Santo Daime members:
They are after eliminating religious freedom. Now THAT is a serious crime that deserves prosecution.

justine
#11 Posted : 10/26/2010 12:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:
If the man was a Santo Daime member he SHOULD be free of prosecution and able to take his sacrament without a fuss.

Here in the Netherlands police officers entered the 2 Dutch Santo Daime churches DURING A SERVICE and they seized the Huasca and arrested the Church leaders!
Then Santo Daime started a legal defence in court appealing for the law of Religious Freedom. They were granted the Religious freedom to use their sacrament without being prosecuted. SO the police can no longer dick around with Santo Daime here.

Haven't they got religious freedom in the UK too? Wasn't the UK-branch of Santo Daime also legally permitted to use huasca without prosecution?
I think serious charges should be pressed against whoever intended to prosecute these brittish Santo Daime members:
They are after eliminating religious freedom. Now THAT is a serious crime that deserves prosecution.

Imao we should focus on freedom of consciousness exploration in general rather that religious freedom, why should an atheist have less rights to drink ayahuasca than a member
of Santo Daime ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

alzabo
#12 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
I am curious as to how they were caught. The articles say nothing. Was it airport controls? Or what?

I'm wondering the same thing.

I'm concerned that it will eventually become acceptable for a person's home to be raided if root bark or other plant material is found in transit to their address.

I feel very fortunate to live in the static void where such concerns do not apply but I do worry about my fellow spice heads.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Attention All Shipping
#13 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:25:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It'd be interesting to know if this seizure is in any way connected to the recent customs seizure of MHRB (reported in the Sun as seizure of DMT). I've seen assertions that this was going to Santo Daime in the UK.

SKA
#14 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:34:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:
SKA wrote:

Imao we should focus on freedom of consciousness exploration in general rather that religious freedom, why should an atheist have less rights to drink ayahuasca than a member
of Santo Daime ?

I completely agree. Except the law on Religious freedom is a constitutionally recognised right. Unfortunately the Individual Right of freedom to explore consciousness is not, as of yet, a recognised Law. We should off course strive to make this law constitutional and internationally recognised and respected.

But what we have NOW, to work with, is the law on Religious Freedom.
See it as the first mayor crack in the international drug-prohbition scheme.
And even the Law on Religious freedom isn't respected or protected by the law from the backwards War on Drugs.
How do you suggest we make policiticans go into debate about individual rights of exploring consciousness?

We could raise awareness about entheogens to the public via various local and internet media, but how do we get such issues to be considered and discussed by politicians?