We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescalito is why I'm here Options

defunkt
#1 Posted : 9/5/2010 10:58:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings,

I have been lurking this wonderful site for a little while now and would like to get more actively involved.

My historical details are probably not very important but one thing I would like you to know about me is that I am truly a devoted lover of the spirit of mescalito. I have seen reasonably succesful extractions using toxic solvents in the past and I'm now fully engaged in learning about the non-toxic HCL and acetate extraction methods using d-limonene.

I want to learn the art of distilling and purifying the spirit of the magical cacti and really look forward to learning from the community here at DMT Nexus.

Thanks,
Defunkt

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

defunkt
#2 Posted : 9/6/2010 4:23:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your version of the history of the word mescaline and thank you for the welcome!

I certainly don't want to be critical either but your version sounds a bit like a generalization of Europeans as well (those stupid ignorant fools! ) and your version sounds a bit too contrived and simple to me but you may be right. I'm certainly aware of the brutal behavior of some of the Europeans conquistadors.

Here's another version of the origins of the name:

Quote:
Named after the Mescalero Apaches, mescaline was first isolated from the peyote cactus in 1896 and independently synthesized in 1918.

I personally like this version better! Wink

Also, whether you find Castaneda a fraud or not, and there may be some truth to that, it's in the meaning of his books and the wisdom and truth I read in them that I use the term mescalito. However, if anyone should find the name mescalito offensive I will stop using it but it looks like we're stuck with the name mescaline for now.

I look forward to learning more here!

electrolunchbox
#3 Posted : 9/6/2010 12:17:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well meet my friend I have allways wanted to learn abot mecaline too! I don't get d-lime and seems too much work. I learned of a way the uses lye and xylene then after you have xylene you use hlc water to pull off the xylene. And the only impuritys are table salt. Due to that lye NaHo and acid makes salt! So this non toxic may just be a few steps that I might not take. I have heard of nontoxic dmt teks but they are not for me either I have been extreamly sucsessfull with lye and naptha doing basic A/B teks. With my finnished spice I don't even bother to wash or recrystalize it's so pure. So what is the point of being nontoxic? I see the ecological stand point but not the economical one.

welcome to the nexus!!!
these post are excerpts from the daily life of a madman. One thinks that thought should be left alone......

defunkt
#4 Posted : 9/6/2010 10:12:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Who knows but the name is probably here to stay. Maybe someone else will chime in with some additional info.

I got this from Narconon's website of all places! Smile I love the "mind-boggling" definition of it's mental effects. Witch's brew, indeed! Twisted Evil

Quote:
What Is Mescaline?
It is a dark-brown powder ground from "buttons" of the Mexican cactus peyote, one of the psychotropic plants. Because of its mind-fogging and mind-boggling effects, the peyote has been known among Mexico's Yaqui Indians as: the bruja's brew. It may well be that: a witch's potion.

The active chemical of peyote, the alkaloid mescaline, was isolated in 1896 from the peyote cactus, lophophora williamsii. The drug was named after the Mescalero Apaches of the American great plains.

clouds
#5 Posted : 9/6/2010 10:45:28 PM

Human

I'll just say that here in Mexico "Mescalito" and "Mezcalito" are names used for a popular alcoholic beverage.
On the other hand "Hikuri" and "Peyote" are names used for the psychoactive cactus that contains mescaline.

Here I could even tell a random cop: "Shit man, you know what... I just love mescalito. Makes me feel great everytime."

...he wouldn't even have the slightest clue if I am talking about mescaline.

defunkt
#6 Posted : 9/6/2010 10:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info, Clouds.

I like the term mescalito as well and, if it doesn't bother anyone, will continue using as a tribute to Don Juan. As you mentioned, it may actually be beneficial! Wink

dg
#7 Posted : 9/7/2010 5:42:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

electrolunchbox wrote:
well meet my friend I have allways wanted to learn abot mecaline too! I don't get d-lime and seems too much work. I learned of a way the uses lye and xylene then after you have xylene you use hlc water to pull off the xylene. And the only impuritys are table salt. Due to that lye NaHo and acid makes salt! So this non toxic may just be a few steps that I might not take. I have heard of nontoxic dmt teks but they are not for me either I have been extreamly sucsessfull with lye and naptha doing basic A/B teks. With my finnished spice I don't even bother to wash or recrystalize it's so pure. So what is the point of being nontoxic? I see the ecological stand point but not the economical one.

welcome to the nexus!!!

a bit simplistic and maybe not 100% accurate, but i agree, the whole non toxic food grade thing is wacko

dg
#8 Posted : 9/8/2010 4:00:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

jimm wrote:
Im looking forward to the food safe teks, because I just cant seem to get that very small heptane or naptha smell out of my deems. After reading the msds the ppm level that is unsafe is very very small, so I am grateful for the food safe ones.

yah, might be the case with material precipitated directly from np solovents.
very few cacti teks do that.