We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this an OOBE? Options

gratefulfloyd
#1 Posted : 9/4/2010 2:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So the other day I took a dosage of dmt, 35-45mg, and it came in on very quickly and as usual, accompanied with a loud carrier wave and crazy visuals with a dominance of gold and red colors. I was sitting there with my eyes open and all of the sudden I felt my wision float up, and there I was still in my room but with a 360 degree vision (how that is possible I do not know, maybe because I know how my room looks) I could see my body laying there as I was not in it, and wondered if I had died or what (forgot that spice cant kill you, the sounds I was hearing were too intense for me to even listen to my internal monologue). Eventually my vision went to normal and I returned back in to my body, able to move again, and in awe of what had just happened.
So is this what one would consider an OOBE?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 9/4/2010 4:58:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi gratefulfloyd,

What you have described is one fairly common experience with DMT (myself and others I have shared with having reported similar things). As you delve deeper into the mysteries of science and consciousness, however, I think "out of body experience" may be one WAY of expressing/describing the phenomenon. There are lots of ways to discuss the same things, some extremely spiritual and some extremely scientific.

The interesting this is that you've had the experience. I would suggest learning and reading as much as you can, continue exploring if you are comfortable, and then reevaluating the question with yourself at a later date. What else will you learn, experientially, between now and then? Pleased

There are some really interesting chapters in Inner Paths to Outer Space about possible explanations of consciousness (before the angel/alien chapters Pleased ).
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

DJ_Truthseek
#3 Posted : 9/4/2010 8:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gratefulfloyd wrote:
So the other day I took a dosage of dmt, 35-45mg, and it came in on very quickly and as usual, accompanied with a loud carrier wave and crazy visuals with a dominance of gold and red colors. I was sitting there with my eyes open and all of the sudden I felt my wision float up, and there I was still in my room but with a 360 degree vision (how that is possible I do not know, maybe because I know how my room looks) I could see my body laying there as I was not in it, and wondered if I had died or what (forgot that spice cant kill you, the sounds I was hearing were too intense for me to even listen to my internal monologue). Eventually my vision went to normal and I returned back in to my body, able to move again, and in awe of what had just happened.
So is this what one would consider an OOBE?

I would say definitely a OOBE. I have had similar experiences on other drugs but not on DMT yet.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
There are some really interesting chapters in Inner Paths to Outer Space about possible explanations of consciousness (before the angel/alien chapters Wink ).

I just bought this book but haven't started it yet. Excited! Very happy
"Prying open my third eye."

"We are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively..."
Bill Hicks