We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Just Soaking MHRB Work? Options

killuminati420
#1 Posted : 9/3/2010 4:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever i go to make mimosahuasca, i think i simmer it for too long on too low of heat,...exposing it to prolonged amounts of heat,...and it only works 1/4times

So im wondering since DMT acetate is soluble in water, then couldn't i just soak 10grams MHRB in vinegar-water for a few days, stirring alot in between, and then boil it down just a LITTLE bit to make it easier and drink?

Or do i need to use heat for the dissolving of DMT?
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 9/3/2010 5:48:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Yeah you could do that. Would you be ok drinking vinegar though?

I'd just blast it in a pan with a drop of lemon juice maybe once or twice, filter, fridge decant then reduce.

It's a lot more heat stable than most folk think.

killuminati420
#3 Posted : 9/3/2010 6:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you say fridge decant, do you mean put it in the fridge to let the gunk settle in the bottom and seperate from it? I always thought of doing that but i thought dmt would crash out in the gunk too it seems?

But the fridge only crashes out bark/tannins huh?

Oh yeah...another question..i heard about adding egg white to the mimosa tea,...and it will take out the tannins,...and then you just take out the egg white pieces with tannins. Is this true?

sonofsnow
#4 Posted : 9/3/2010 7:35:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
When you say fridge decant, do you mean put it in the fridge to let the gunk settle in the bottom and seperate from it? I always thought of doing that but i thought dmt would crash out in the gunk too it seems?

But the fridge only crashes out bark/tannins huh?

Oh yeah...another question..i heard about adding egg white to the mimosa tea,...and it will take out the tannins,...and then you just take out the egg white pieces with tannins. Is this true?

SWIM usally takes 20g mimosa (Strong dose) with juice from one lemon and do 3xsimmer(gentle boil) for 20 min each.
2 eggs seperated to only eggwhite is put in fryingpan to make two eggwhite panncakes. 1 eggwhite panncake is added to the first boil and removed after 5 min second eggwhite panncake for second boil.
3 boils combiend and reduced to approx 100ml and put in pyrexpan left out in roomtempratue for water to evap over a day or two. Then when water has evaped scrape residue and put in rolling paper or gelcaps.
The things that IS has a meaning,
but it`s what IS NOT that make them usefull

killuminati420
#5 Posted : 9/3/2010 7:49:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So...you cook the egg white into a pancake,...and it still removes the tannins? That sounds like such a good idea...Thnx

Alright my 10grams of MHRB is still soaking in the vinegar water and im about to put it into a pot,..simmer at near boil for like 30-60mins, and strain off the liquids through a cloth, and add an eggwhite pancake

I will then take out the egg white pancake, and reduce it down and strain/add another egg white pancake,...take out and drink 30mins after a 4-5gram syrian rue tea

I will update my trip report

sonofsnow
#6 Posted : 9/3/2010 7:58:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
So...you cook the egg white into a pancake,...and it still removes the tannins? That sounds like such a good idea...Thnx

Alright my 10grams of MHRB is still soaking in the vinegar water and im about to put it into a pot,..simmer at near boil for like 30-60mins, and strain off the liquids through a cloth, and add an eggwhite pancake

I will then take out the egg white pancake, and reduce it down and strain/add another egg white pancake,...take out and drink 30mins after a 4-5gram syrian rue tea

I will update my trip report

Safe travels friendWink

Apoc
#7 Posted : 9/3/2010 8:30:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from what I've read, the concensus is that you can just put crushed mimosa in normal water for a week, some say two weeks, strain it, and drink it. But most agree the yeild of dmt won't be as high. Some say that this cold water tek will result in less tannins in the drink, compared to boiling.

alzabo
#8 Posted : 9/3/2010 10:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like an effective recipe. I just wanted to mention that it's not necessary to wait 30min after drinking the rue tea. Also, 5g of rue is overkill like 3-4g is totally sufficient.

Just for information's sake, I've had good success with cold water extractions before.
I soaked ten grams of finely powdered root bark in a jar of water acidified with phosphoric acid to a ph of 2.5.
I left this overnight on top of a vibrating back massager.
The following morning I ate some piperine (this may very well aid absorption of the spice) with my breakfast.
Waited an hour or so then drank a shot of 3g rue tea followed within seconds by a shot of the filtered mimosa water.
The rue tea tasted like death and the mimosa water was very astringent -- indicating a substantial amount of tannins.
Within five minutes, definite strong effects were felt and within 45 I was at the same level as 3-4 grams of mushrooms would bring me to.
I was still coming up but feeling somewhat queasy and decided I'd like to puke. Doing so helped but I stopped coming up.
The experience lasted for ~5 hours of eternity.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

alzabo
#9 Posted : 9/4/2010 12:00:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought of some additional notes on making gelcaps.

I once prepared a brew identical to that I described in my previous post, this time I used some additional processing.
I removed the tannins using gelatin. *Next time I'll definitely try the EPM; eggwhite pancake method.
I then poured my rue tea into the pot and evaporated down to a resin on very low heat. Care must be taken as the volume gets very low. The lowest heat on my range stovetop was too hot -- this caused the tar to bubble way too much so I placed the pot on a cool burner and moved it back to the hot one for a few seconds every few seconds. I kept this up till the mixture was as viscous as I could get it without burning it.
I let the mixture cool until it was no longer sticky, then scraped it up with a razor an stuffed it into cellulose capsules.

The experience was even stronger than the one detailed in my previous post.

Shocked
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 9/4/2010 5:15:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi kill,

Would you care to share your initial recipe for cooking the Mimosa? Mimosa boiled upwards of nine hours is still extremely active. I'm not saying this is the ONLY effective way to prepare it, but that the actives are definitely still present even after very long exposure to boiling heat.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

killuminati420
#11 Posted : 9/4/2010 5:49:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, what i was doing when it failed 1/4 times,....was put 5grams mimosa in a pot of vinegar water,...and i just set the pot floating on very hot water but no bubbles, and it took all day to evaporate down, so in the end of the day when it was mostly reduced, i just strained it and drank 3.5grams syrian rue seeds in some sunnyD 30mins before the mimosa tea...

So im hoping that this time it will work...it is still soaking in vinegar water,...and i will wake up tomorrow and pour it into a pot to near boil it for an hour or two,...then strain it through a cloth and add the egg white pancake to let sit for a good 5mins and take out the egg white and reduce the tea down more then strain through filter again and add another egg white pancake, remove it then drink with syrian rue tea Wink

killuminati420
#12 Posted : 9/4/2010 4:01:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So should i add the syrian rue to the mimosa tea and brew together? Or should i simmer the rue seperate and drink 15-30mins before the mimosa?

sonofsnow
#13 Posted : 9/4/2010 5:08:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
So should i add the syrian rue to the mimosa tea and brew together? Or should i simmer the rue seperate and drink 15-30mins before the mimosa?

SWIM usally grinds 5g rue and put in gelcaps or rolling paper and drink down with waterWink
If SWIY prefers tea it will work just as well but recommend to prepare it seperatly and drink it 20-30min before the mimosa. When trying to take both rue and mimosa at same time SWIM have only a 30% sucsess rate.

Still SWIMS experience is that 5g rue powder or tea makes him puke. So would suggest to make a manske Extraction

intosamadhi
#14 Posted : 9/18/2010 1:41:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim's cat usually prepares mimosahuasca as follows:

2 tablespoons mimosa powder soaked in 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 6 tablespoons water for at least 24hrs (the more the better), with stirring. Then more water added after 24hrs. Sediment left to settle over days. Then dark red fluid sucked off with a syringe, placed in another container. Process repeated, obtaining a lighter red fluid. Second wash can be left for longer. 2 fractions then combined. Add sodium bicarbonate slowly, will foam considerably when stirred. Place in fridge and allow sediment to settle. Once settled suck off the light red fluid with a syringe.

Rue prepared by simmering 2 teaspoons of powdered rue in 500ml-1litre water till approx 100-200ml. Strained and repeated. Solids discarded and fractions combined. Simmered further if fluid is in excess. Place resultant fluid in jar in fridge and wait till sediment settles. Pull off the clear yellow fluid with a syringe before use.

Swim's cat usually consumes 2 fluids separately even though it's not entirely necessary. Makes it easier to drink though.
Mimosa fluid usually consumed in 2 parts, separated by 45 min - 1 hr.

Swim's cat has found this recipe to be potent, with minimal nausea. Rue generally causes nausea in most ppl when combined in the stomach with anything else though, but the removal of all solids makes it much easier to handle.

sigmundfreuid
#15 Posted : 9/18/2010 12:28:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

intosamadhi wrote:
Swim's cat usually prepares mimosahuasca as follows:
Process repeated, obtaining a lighter red fluid. Second wash can be left for longer. 2 fractions then combined. Add sodium bicarbonate slowly, will foam considerably when stirred. Place in fridge and allow sediment to settle. Once settled suck off the light red fluid with a syringe.

What is the purpose of adding sodium bicarbonate ?By freebasing your alks,you will have much less bio availability then if it was a salt(acetate).
Correct me if im wrong.
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

intosamadhi
#16 Posted : 9/18/2010 7:43:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bicarb neutralizes vinegar and removes tannins, resultant fluid is much gentler and if there is any concern over losing actives in the sediment, it can be placed under the tongue for extra absorption without having to swallow. Freebase spice also works brilliantly without having to convert to salt, just burns ones mouth if absorbed under the tongue. SWIM suspects that most of the spice still remains in acetate form and that the reaction is primarily between the excess vinegar and bicarb (grabbing tannins in the process), but could be wrong about this. Either way as a tried and tested method SWIM knows it is still active, maybe a bit weaker than straight up, but much nicer on the organism.

intosamadhi
#17 Posted : 9/19/2010 1:55:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also bear in mind that a swallowed freebase solution would be converted to hcl salt in the stomach anyway

fraterS.O.L.
#18 Posted : 9/19/2010 2:52:25 AM

Bill Nye

Chemistry-wise I'm pretty sure as long as you keep the ph at 6.68 (pKa - 2) that would leave 99% of the alks in salt form and in the water. That being said the loss of actives can theoretically be minimised by keeping the ph at <6.68.
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

intosamadhi
#19 Posted : 9/19/2010 7:23:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim should also have mentioned that only a tiny amount of bicarb is needed (less than 1/2 teaspoon).
also in the above recipe all measurements are with proper measuring spoons.
the reason for adding extra water after 24hrs is so that it is easier to pull off the fluid using a syringe. 1 wants it more acidic for the first 24hrs which is why the water is added after (how much is up to you, but more water means more to drink in the end, 30-50ml).