We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
mescaline extractions with naptha Options

shoe
#21 Posted : 9/6/2010 5:03:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM says that's occuring just now, but he won't know if it synergiesed with the mescaline until he takes the other 200mg of mescaline acetate on a different day.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phantastica
#22 Posted : 9/6/2010 8:31:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can someone tell me what's so different about mesc fb than its salt form? it seems that fb is rather preferred for some reason..?
Also i don't understand howcome SWIY's mesc acetate was inactive if you followed ron's tek correctly, which i'm sure you did. If the yield was infact inactive, then doesn't that mean that the cactus used itself is inactive? And if the acetate form in the vinegar is inactive, then why do you expect it to become active when pulled with naptha? afaik, mesc activity doesn't change from its salt to fb form, right...or does it?
<3

jamie
#23 Posted : 9/6/2010 9:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

he used naptha.. ron uses limo I think.
Long live the unwoke.

Phantastica
#24 Posted : 9/6/2010 10:28:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

hmm i thought shoe first followed ron's tek, and then instead of evaping the vinegar to yield mesc acetate, he pulled from the vinegar using naptha by first basifying the vinegar..and then evaped the naptha..Confused not sure

shoe wrote:
I started out doing 69Ron's food safe limonene tek but after evapping the vinegar containing mescaline acetate in the oven all SWIM got was some inactive brown powder. 120mg produced no effects.

So SWIM decided to base the vinegar layer to excess, and repeatedly extract with naptha, finishing with a slow evaporation
<3

dg
#25 Posted : 9/7/2010 12:18:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Phantastica wrote:

Also i don't understand howcome SWIY's mesc acetate was inactive if you followed ron's tek correctly, ?

really?
the results are always all over the place using this method.
if you read the thread where he lays it out, its one page of "this is the best, highest yeilding tek ever", and 49 pages of" whats going on, this isn't working, is it supposed to be ugly GOO??"

shoe
#26 Posted : 9/7/2010 11:17:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to clarify, everyone, both the result of straight 69Ron's food safe mescaline extraction, and my own permutation on this were inactive.
~frowny face~

fractal enchantment wrote:

The method I followed was as such:

1) made basic the cactus powder with calcium hydroxide and water
2) pulled alkaloids with limonene [x3]
3) collected the limonene layers
4) extracted the alkaloids from the limonene with vinegar [x4]
5) collected the vinegar washings
6) made the vinegar (containing mescaline acetate) basic with excess NaOH.
7) extracted the alkaloids (at the time, I thought, freebase mescaline) from the vinegar using naptha. [x4]
8] collected the naptha pulls
9) evaporated the naptha over 1 - 2 days to yeild the product shown above.

I hope that simplifies it.

Steps 1 - 5 are exactly as 69Ron's food safe mescaline extraction, but instead, at step 6, you would combine
the vinegar pulls and evaporate in a food dehydrator.

dg wrote:
Phantastica wrote:

Also i don't understand howcome SWIY's mesc acetate was inactive if you followed ron's tek correctly, ?

really?
the results are always all over the place using this method.
if you read the thread where he lays it out, its one page of "this is the best, highest yeilding tek ever", and 49 pages of" whats going on, this isn't working, is it supposed to be ugly GOO??"

SWIM doesn't have food dehydrator, so intead he used an oven on Gas Mark 1: 300°F.
This is why SWIM didn't cash in on any mescaline acetate at the end of the day. (too hot, thermal decomposition)

Phantastica wrote:
And if the acetate form in the vinegar is inactive, then why do you expect it to become active when pulled with naptha? afaik, mesc activity doesn't change from its salt to fb form, right...or does it?

I suspected (correctly) at the time, that the problem was with the final step, the evaporation, and so que the invention of the 'shoe method'
by the way; it does - mescaline freebase is alot lighter than the acetate. also, the salt form absorbs more easilly. So somewhere between those two factors you get your actual effective dose.

I really, really want to know what this stuff IS though. Can we get somone else with a bunch of cactus powder laying around to mess around with this? Instead of naptha, substitue diethyl ether or hexane or the likes. SWIM simply cannot fathom how a crystaline product from a cactus extract can be anything BUT alkaloid, and active, in nature: and the amounts which swim collected were perfectly in tune with what one would expect from 100g of cactus, 200-300mg per pull.
what the heck crystalises from a cactus B/A/B which isn't alkaloidal?
shoe

shoe
#27 Posted : 9/8/2010 12:01:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if benzyme will do an analysis for SWIM?
shoe

dg
#28 Posted : 9/8/2010 1:38:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

flame test for sodium?
mp test>?

dont throw all this away!
let materials back to dry out. once there is dry powder:

add to solution of water and LYE OR KOH
be sure the ph is around 13(rons tek uses too little base imho)
extract with xylene, or tolu(salting limo yeilds goo, just look at everyones results_)
salt with hcl
dry solution for crude mesc hcl
add crude extract to acetone, crash out goodies

your extract will be plenty "food safe", even if lye or hcl are in the mix.
ecxess hcl oxidixes awy
lye converts in the air to carbonate

just my o2

soulfood
#29 Posted : 9/8/2010 1:41:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

dg wrote:

extract with xylene, or tolu(salting limo yeilds goo, just look at everyones results_)

Are we sure about that? I extract using an A/B with NaOH/Limonene/Hcl and as long as I don't undershoot the pH when salting I get a nice scrapable powder.

dg
#30 Posted : 9/8/2010 1:51:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

soulfood wrote:
dg wrote:

Are we sure about that? I extract using an A/B with NaOH/Limonene/Hcl and as long as I don't undershoot the pH when salting I get a nice scrapable powder.

good point(me puts foot in mouth), i should say "salting limo with vinegar or citric acid"

even ron argued till he was blue in the face that this extract would turn to goo at very low temp, indicating massive amounts of something non mesc.

and i was mostly refering to rons tek here, which you are not using...still, my bad

Phantastica
#31 Posted : 9/8/2010 2:03:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok i see shoe, that makes sense
Phantastica wrote:
can someone tell me what's so different about mesc fb than its salt form? it seems that fb is rather preferred for some reason..?

can someone also tell me why mesc fb is better?
<3

soulfood
#32 Posted : 9/8/2010 2:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

dg wrote:
i should say "salting limo with vinegar or citric acid"

Does that not happen when salting xylene/toluene with vinegar then? I just assumed that mesc acetate salts were gooey. I never tried citrate.

Infundibulum
#33 Posted : 9/8/2010 2:19:11 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Phantastica wrote:
Phantastica wrote:

Who said it's better??

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Phantastica
#34 Posted : 9/8/2010 6:00:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Phantastica wrote:
Phantastica wrote:

Who said it's better??

oh i thought fb was better than salt form because of the wide range of talks regarding this subject; but now i guess it's prolly just out of curiosity to know more about mesc's forms. however fb will turn into salt form anyway once ingested, so that's why i was confused about the fuss over fb, which doesn't seem very helpful, apart from understanding its properties
<3

shoe
#35 Posted : 9/15/2010 4:04:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd hazard a guess that people here just love crystals. Smile
shoe

Indigo_Child
#36 Posted : 9/18/2010 3:20:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just thought I would add that mescaline freebase is an oil. I could be wrong, but seems a few here are talking about it as if it was crystalline....

dg
#37 Posted : 9/19/2010 5:27:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Indigo_Child wrote:
I just thought I would add that mescaline freebase is an oil. I could be wrong, but seems a few here are talking about it as if it was crystalline....

IIRC,you are correct, it has always been described as an oil, many times, by some advanced chemists

Benz, what you think?

PREV12