We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
does anyone know what metabolizes dmt? Options

imachavel
#1 Posted : 6/2/2008 12:22:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

just curious

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 6/2/2008 12:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Monoamine oxidase on first-pass, cytochrome P450 on second-pass. There's a couple methyltransferases that are capable of converting it to NMT, I don't recall how physiologically these are in metabolism.

magic clown
#3 Posted : 6/5/2008 1:38:29 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I know people who are born naturals. They do it in 6 or 7 mins, with no effort at all.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

rellik
#4 Posted : 7/11/2008 6:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Monoamine oxidase on first-pass, cytochrome P450 on second-pass.

i was reading that grapefruit juice contains Bergamottin which is a CYP3A4 (type of Cytochrome P450 enzyme) inhibitor

maybe grapefruit could be used in combo with an maoi to extend an aya trip even further? this could possibly be dangerous though b/c your body has these metabolizing enyzmes for a reason and inhibiting yet another could cause potential compliations.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

ZaZen
#5 Posted : 7/11/2008 7:47:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
i was reading that grapefruit juice contains Bergamottin which is a CYP3A4 (type of Cytochrome P450 enzyme) inhibitor

maybe grapefruit could be used in combo with an MAOI to extend an aya trip even further? this could possibly be dangerous though b/c your body has these metabolizing enyzmes for a reason and inhibiting yet another could cause potential compliations

I know that traditionally Jurema ist served with Maracuja-Juice which contains Passi Flora, but i don`t know it`s properties as an MAOI....

imachavel
#6 Posted : 7/11/2008 8:07:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

are these enzymes what commonly break down all psychedelics?

if grapefruit juice contains the cyp3a4 enhibitor enzyme are there foods that contain the enzyme cyp3a4 that would help psychedelics break down better

do certain foods or certain diets help you process these chemicals better?

i'm just curious if those extended bad trips could be potentially lessened, also from another post why would anti-histamine be given to someone to shorten or lessen a bad trip?

69ron
#7 Posted : 7/11/2008 9:00:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After taking DMT, SWIM feels the effects of melatonin really strongly for about 2 hours and feels like he needs a strong cup of coffee to shake it off. Is some of it converting to melatonin?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

imachavel
#8 Posted : 7/11/2008 9:36:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

it's possible it hits those receptors, right? I mean, psychedelics activate the seratonin receptors, small doses give a feeling of well being.

dmt and serotonin are almost just analogues of the same molecule i believe, i'm sure there's tons of things dmt sets off

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 7/11/2008 9:36:28 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

With DMT your brain will contain loads more serotonin. Melatonin is converted from serotonin so it sounds plausible you feel the effect of melatonin after a DMT journey.

edit: The conversion of serotonin to melatonin is triggered by light-receptors in your eyes. When it gets dark they trigger the conversion.

benzyme
#10 Posted : 7/11/2008 10:20:01 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

rellik wrote:
Entropymancer wrote:
Monoamine oxidase on first-pass, cytochrome P450 on second-pass.

maybe grapefruit could be used in combo with an maoi to extend an aya trip even further? this could possibly be dangerous though b/c your body has these metabolizing enyzmes for a reason and inhibiting yet another could cause potential compliations.

there are several subtypes of cytochrome P450, each acting independently or in conjunction. the one that metabolizes tryptamines is CYP2D6, I believe. you may be able to inhibit CYP3A4 with piperine, which I think in turn downregulates CYP2D6.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

rellik
#11 Posted : 7/12/2008 12:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

google search on piperine and curcumin and the CYP enzymes:

http://www.aapspharmsci....2007/AAPS2007-000709.PDF

im not very knowledgeable in bio so alot of that is word jumble to me, but it seems that they can sort of inhibit the other CYP enzymes other than 3A4

benzyme
#12 Posted : 7/12/2008 12:47:04 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's commercially available as 'bioperine'. it facilitates better absorption (bioavailability) of pharmaceuticals and supplements
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Infinite I
#13 Posted : 7/12/2008 2:42:29 PM

JC

69ron wrote:
After taking DMT, SWIM feels the effects of melatonin really strongly for about 2 hours and feels like he needs a strong cup of coffee to shake it off. Is some of it converting to melatonin?

I get that!

polytrip
#14 Posted : 7/12/2008 2:53:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I beleive i read somewhere, that after taking ayahuasca, the brain grows more serotoninreceptors, probably as a reaction to the temporarily decrease in serotonin activity caused by the DMT. Wich also would explain why you're more sensitive for substances that are part of the serotonergic system, like melatonin.

rellik
#15 Posted : 8/29/2008 1:17:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cimetidine, which is the OTC heartburn medication Tagamet HB, is listed as a weak CYP2D6 (along with a few other cytochrome P450 enzymes) inhibitor.
http://www.medicine.iupui.edu/Flockhart/table.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagamet

just some info as this could work similarly to or in conjunction with bioperine in extending an aya trip

lorax
#16 Posted : 9/2/2008 5:50:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have heard that coffee vs. MAOi is supposed to produce almost speed like nervous effects. i had only taken amphetamines once by accident - i don't like drugs which fuck with my noradrenaline system. i like to stay awake because my mind is racing.. not because my heart is pumping like crazy and i feel like a nervous wreck.

does anybody else share my opinion on those kind of chemicals?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

rellik
#17 Posted : 11/7/2008 11:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM finally got around to sperimenting with some bioperine. 20 mg was added to SWIM's pharmahuasca today and believes that it made a strength difference. SWIM needs to try again to be sure it was not placebo though

rellik
#18 Posted : 11/19/2008 2:25:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dose = 30 mg bioperine with 70mg harmaline and 150 mg fumarate edit: (SWIM told me he weighs between 125-135 lbs)

the bioperine produced a potency increase that SWIM believes beyond a reasonable doubt.

In this latest experience, SWIM was riding on a bus with a few friends sitting in his own seat. At one point during the experience SWIM truly believed that one of his friends sitting a row up was another one of SWIM's friends that was not present on the ride (SWIM says they look completely different). SWIM remained in his seat as SWIM did not want to bother his (edit: non-existant) friend who SWIM perceived was listening to music and attempting to get some rest.

This was quite the experience as SWIM wondered if his second friend had boarded later but eventually during the ride SWIM returned to a point where his friend changed back to their normal self.

edit: now to try some comparisons with Cimetidine

rellik
#19 Posted : 11/19/2008 2:29:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its hard to say, SWIM still needs to try more experiments before SWIM can even say for sure what exactly is happening as the instances could have been times when SWIM's body felt like giving SWIM a stronger experience. Rather than potentiated SWIM would use the word changed. The first attempt seemed slightly more visual but that was during the bright daytime which tends to bring out more visual effects for SWIM. The second attempt was early on a bus lit by grey skys. IF SWIM would venture a guess, SWIM would throw out 1.2 edit: (probably more like 1.3) times stronger than without the 30 mg bioperine.

SWIM would say the harmaline did get potentiated. SWIM felt more of the heavy sleepy effect that the harmaline is usually attributed with.

edit: future tests will use a fixed batch of CWE cappi + fumarate, it is significantly less drugged than harmaline and will help to compare with SWIM's regular Aya journeys. harmaline is so much easier for SWIM to make quantitative deductions though as it can be weighed in doses. SWIM also needs to be more scientific with keeping the same setting and pre-journey prep as well so that journeys can be compared. SWIM says more tests to come with more RELEVANT data.

edit: another thing, SWIM did not notice a significant change in duration, just potency