We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Good Changa Blend for Asthma Options

KwisatzHaderach
#1 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:53:23 AM

everything is becoming

So my girlfriend is getting interested in my lifestyle and wants to know more. She would like to try spice but has asthma. She is not interested in the brew because she is still uncomfortable/fearful of long journeys. And because of the asthma she has always been put off by smoking. Can you all suggest some changa blends that would be soothing on the lungs in the uptake and not to hard to get started in the bowl?

thankyou
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

camakazi
#2 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:09:42 AM

RUN DMT

I find mullein and mugwort to be the smoothest changa addys... and of course the caapi leaf itself is quite smooth also.

A friend of mine who has quite bad asthma wanted to try some freebase before I got into changa.. obviously I was worried he'd have an attack during his trip, but at the same time he smokes a good bit of weed out of bongs and what have you with no problems... so I gave him an average dose freebase, and he was fine.
I'm not saying do it though, I dont know how safe it is for an asthmatic to be smoking anything. In retrospect that was quite foolish of me to take that risk with him, I wouldn't have been prepaired had things gone the other way!

let her try some mullein on its own first, I think that would be wise.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

The_Shaman
#3 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:14:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well I would start with Mullein which is good for the lungs and is smooth and burns GREAT. then experiment with other neutral or smooth herbs like Mugwort which also burns very nicely. Dagga , Lotus flower and mint add flavor and are not so harsh.

Try smoking a few different herbal blend pipe fulls without adding any spice and see what she likes, then make a Changa blend together and share the act of creating together, that would probably help ease her into the idea as well.

My significant other is curious about this as well but claims she isn't looking to change her energy right now ,so I dont push it at all, but I think sharing this magic with a lover would be a wonderful experience.

best of luck ~

EDIT : Cama beat me to it, i'm too slow on the proverbial draw Rolling eyes
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

camakazi
#4 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:19:30 AM

RUN DMT

haha.. funny how we both said pretty much the same things man.

great minds sir... great minds Smile
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

KwisatzHaderach
#5 Posted : 8/26/2010 5:55:50 AM

everything is becoming

Thank you very much for your replies! Yes mullien I always forget about that one! Ok cool I also use Caapi leaf as my main so I think I will mix the two. Well I will definitely try it out with her when she is ready and post how it goes.

The_Shaman, I wanted to add that I am very excited to undertake this with my lover as well. She has always been very apprehensive about my lifestyle but accepts me who I am. Recently though, I have had several mushroom journeys where I wish she would accompany me. So instead of this subculture being "my thing" it could be "our thing". And though I never push substances on anyone, it become a realization where I may want that openness from my lover to trust me and try new things (going visa versa). And then recently she approached me about the experience.

I very much would like this to be positive Very happy

thankyou
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst

rOm
#6 Posted : 8/26/2010 12:26:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura stramonium flower or leaves where smoked as cigs by asthmatic in here. They stopped the treatment since too many poeple would use this treatment to get high...

If you add a little bit to your mullein soaked in caapi alcs and spice it may well serve the object.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:27:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stop drinking milk,
eat healthy, more fruits, more vegetables,
drink water.

For you asthma, buy a vaporizer and vape weed.

elusive illusion

jamie
#8 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

milk, wheat, gluten, peanuts and eggs are all up there on the list of athsma causing foods..you can beat athsma!..you dont HAVE to live with it.

Also get a vaporizor..also..i dont like mullein to smoke at all..and it doesnt even feel like it clears my lungs at all.
Long live the unwoke.

teotenakeltje
#9 Posted : 8/26/2010 9:14:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
..i dont like mullein to smoke at all..and it doesnt even feel like it clears my lungs at all.

yeah, i tried mullein some days ago and it felt realy harsh on my lungs. was a bit dissapointed there, after reading all the positive stuff. maybe it was too dry?

KwisatzHaderach
#10 Posted : 8/26/2010 10:37:38 PM

everything is becoming

fractal enchantment wrote:
milk, wheat, gluten, peanuts and eggs are all up there on the list of athsma causing foods..you can beat athsma!..you dont HAVE to live with it.

Also get a vaporizor..also..i dont like mullein to smoke at all..and it doesnt even feel like it clears my lungs at all.

Is this for real? There are foods which can cause asthma? I understand lifestyles, but I've always understood asthma to be a thing some people suffer from or not. Not as a illness so to speak. I would very much like to know more! Any websites or anything you can provide?

Also with the vaporizor...you can vape changa and it will deliver just as potently as if smoked from a pipe/bong?

thankyou

In an interstellar burst

gammagore
#11 Posted : 8/26/2010 10:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KwisatzHaderach wrote:

Also with the vaporizor...you can vape changa and it will deliver just as potently as if smoked from a pipe/bong?

thankyou

Id say forsure it does, if you talk of a GVG/VG. Remember its a hell of alot healthier than smoking somthing.

DMTripper
#12 Posted : 8/26/2010 10:52:50 PM

John Murdoch IV

Mint leaves
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

mogascreeta
#13 Posted : 8/27/2010 7:56:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KwisatzHaderach wrote:
So my girlfriend is getting interested in my lifestyle and wants to know more. She would like to try spice but has asthma. She is not interested in the brew because she is still uncomfortable/fearful of long journeys. And because of the asthma she has always been put off by smoking. Can you all suggest some changa blends that would be soothing on the lungs in the uptake and not to hard to get started in the bowl?

thankyou

IME having a Menthol cough drop in your mouth while smoking REALLY helps if you have difficulty smoking. in my area I can get a large bag of them for 80 cents. just make sure they have menthol.Smile

As far as herbs go.... I recommend trying out lavender and spearmint. they taste great. the lavender is a little harsh but not as harsh as mullein and spearmint smooths it out and really compliments the flavor. peppermint is good too but personally I prefer spearmint.
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

hyperspacing
#14 Posted : 8/27/2010 8:37:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mogascreeta wrote:
KwisatzHaderach wrote:

thankyou

IME having a Menthol cough drop in your mouth while smoking REALLY helps if you have difficulty smoking. in my area I can get a large bag of them for 80 cents. just make sure they have menthol.Smile

As far as herbs go.... I recommend trying out lavender and spearmint. they taste great. the lavender is a little harsh but not as harsh as mullein and spearmint smooths it out and really compliments the flavor. peppermint is good too but personally I prefer spearmint.

I don't recomend having anything in your mouth while smoking spice or changa. Choking seems quite possible during a breakthrough.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

mogascreeta
#15 Posted : 8/27/2010 8:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing wrote:
mogascreeta wrote:
KwisatzHaderach wrote:

thankyou

I don't recomend having anything in your mouth while smoking spice or changa. Choking seems quite possible during a breakthrough.

Sound advice. It works for me but you are right.

this might help some http://home.teleport.com/~howieb/smoking/smoke5.html#lungs
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

The_Shaman
#16 Posted : 8/27/2010 8:47:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

agree with Gamma , the Vapor genie is not a must , but it makes it MUCH MUCH smoother and I think the easiest way to avoid any lung irritations. Once you try it, it will be hard to settle for other methods. Ahhhh that soothing warm air.

Changa works just fine in a genie.

Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 8/31/2010 11:26:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
IME having a Menthol cough drop in your mouth while smoking REALLY helps if you have difficulty smoking.

I agree what is beeing said: The risk of choking is definatly there. If it "works" for you, that only means that you are a lucky guy. You don't to take the risks! What might be an alternative: bite on some menthol crystals or a strong drop and then immediatly proceed to smoke. Peppermint i find to be very harsh, as well as mullein. I can't understand the hype. I also want to mention, that asthma inhalers are contraindicated with use of maois. Not sure about rimas, but i would be careful using it with changa or ayahuasca.

Kannamate
#18 Posted : 8/31/2010 12:06:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are you guys smoking the leaves,or buds of mullein? The leaves of mullein to me are harsh and smoking mullein flowers/buds feel like I'm vaping or not smoking anything. Lobelia inflata has also been used for asthma, but kinda harsher on the throat and maybe a little datura stramonium added might help too.

limoseen
#19 Posted : 9/8/2010 10:47:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Have to say puffing an inhaler a few mins before liftoff worked a treat.. also a nice tip for asthma SWIYs is to inhale a little air before anything else.. this stops the smoke getting so far down to the wheezy bit of yer lungs.. also as recommended -- drink water.. asthma is a sign of dehydration - lungs havent got enough water to expel fluids...

acolon_5
#20 Posted : 9/14/2010 9:34:12 PM

The Great Namah

I've been adding a pinch of datura leaf to my changa and it really kills the asthma for almost a day.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

12NEXT