We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
how to get the most out of a dmt experience Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 5/31/2008 5:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last week swim did his first mhrb extraction.I've wanted to try dmt for about fifteen yrs and last week i had the opportunity ( i haven't taken a "trip" in over 10 yrs via lsd or shrooms).I'm not sure if i smoked more than i should have for my first time but it was amazing and scary at the same time.It was truly a humbling experience and definately left an inprint on my subconscious.At one point it got so intense that i had to force my eyes open in order to grasp my surroundings.I entered into tunnel and within that tunnel was a stream or veins of color and light.This stream manifested itself into a being (gentle female) but it wasnt exactly a defined figure of a being but more of an energy being w/eyes.She seemed to want to lead me further down the tunnel in order to show me things.My ego started to fight and thoughts would come up reminding me of I and i coulD see this experience has the potential of being frightening.after i opened my eyes i relaxed a little and focused on the music that was playing "Dark Star" (grateful Dead) and the music put me at ease.A couple days afterwords, i didn't feel the same,almost a little depressed (which has subsided).What does this mean?Is dmt not for me? I believe you can use the experience to gain insight and peace but at the same time there is also some apprehension or fear on my part of smoking it again. I didn't have a bad experience it was just real intense and i saw how it could possibly turn into an intensly bad trip.I would like to be able to use it as a tool.Does anyone have any advice or feedback for me? How can i get the most out of the experience?
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

quantumbrujo
#2 Posted : 5/31/2008 7:19:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I hear you bro,even after two years of doing it at least once a month on average.I too still get that apprehensive fear of going into that world.But I always end up going back.The problem with DMT smoked in it's freebase form ,I find, is that it all happens too quick for the experience to be of any shamanic value.Something with the duration and intensity of something familiar <like shrooms> would be in order.The amswer is ayahuasca.DMT made orally active with MAO inhibiting plants in a concoction from the south american jungle people.When taken like that the trip comes on slower and lasts much longer.about two - four hours.It feels more like a mushroom trip with a twist than the blast you get with the freebase.None of these shamans or tribespeople smoke freebase DMT.An Ayahuasca brew seems like it's the natural way of ingesting DMT the way it was meant to be.Just like chewing coca leaves or drinking coca tea can be very beneficial,smoking crack will destroy you.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

lucious
#3 Posted : 5/31/2008 7:32:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Especially after the first one, even often on other journeys, their is a lasting effect in the way one feels about the world and their place in it, often antidepressive but one could see it going the other way. Aprehention kinda goes with the territory, its a very powerful experience one is jumping into and once the fuse is lit no stopping it. Imo and Im sure many here will agree some of the most terrifying experiences can also be some of the best. As for is it for you, really only you can decide that.

On obtaining meaning I try to think of things like this as an inkblot, it means what you decide that it means.

If you decide to jouney further, perhaps try a smaller amount and enjoy the lower levels, they can be quite euphoric and can be a bit lighter on the ego. Id advise trying to get past threshhold though as it can be a bit dysforic sometimes.

Dwhitty76
#4 Posted : 5/31/2008 8:55:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanx for your input quantum and lucious.I agree w/ both of you.I would like to plan in the near future a trip down to the amazon and go on an ayahuaska journey (idealy w/the guidance of a shaman or someone who can guide).It is hard to be guided in a 10 minute trance.I also agree w/ you lucious,i think for the time being i will stay on the lower thresholds untill i am more comfotable.My first experience was ultimately mind blowing and w/ all my past experience in psycadelics, there was absolutely NOTHING i could have done to prepare myself for the experience i had.I know if i can absolutely let go of the ego,ther was a being/energy or whtever that was leading me down a tunnel to show me something and ultimately i would like to go but i guess i must ease into it.Right after i wrote the first post a buddy called me and we did a little puff (not too heavy and it was very nice "trippy'Pleased and we got some nice visuals but i know its about more than that.Anybody have an techniques,rituals or methods to get the most and learn the most from these experiences? meditation,journal and ect.... I would be very interested in hearing what some of the more experienced individuals do to get the most from this spiritual journey. -peace
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

burnt
#5 Posted : 6/1/2008 9:35:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

well it depends what are you seeking out of this experience? sometimes just knowing that gives you more focus. ritual and all these things are totally up to and dependent on yourself. for some people in some cultures they work very well. follow your own path, the rest will come. least that is how i try to think about it.