CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV151152153154155NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options
 
Luther
#3041 Posted : 4/10/2019 9:39:42 PM

POPS

New member

Posts: 41
Joined: 12-Mar-2019
Last visit: 28-May-2019
Location: The Cosmere
I may in the future try that tec (it’s tec 2 on q21q21) but I’m more than happy with results from this tec so far. Even with my bumbling attempts that lead to lots of drips and spills I’ve managed to extract 3.089 g of jimjam, jungle spice, dirty spice or whatever it is from 200g mhrb and it does exactly what it’s supposed to!

No breakthrough for me yet, but I’m putting that down to operator error. I’ve come close, and my traveling buddy has done it! I just finished drying some Changa/enhanced leaf that will be sampled tomorrow night and I have high hopes! I used 2g unenhanced caapi vine, 3g lotus blossom, 3g mj, 2.4g jimjam which should be about a 25% mix. I like big rips so I think I’ll start with a 25% mix and go stronger next time if needed. I have thoroughly enjoyed my sub breakthrough attempts, and am looking forward to, but not trying to rush, a total breakthrough.....

See ya on the other side!
Tis better to ask for forgiveness than permission.....
All you need are six strings, three chords, and the truth.....
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you’ll treat everything like a nail.....
I don’t ask questions, I just have fun!.....B. Bunny
 

Trippy glass for trippy people.
 
Brennendes Wasser
#3042 Posted : 4/10/2019 10:29:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 547
Joined: 23-Sep-2017
Last visit: 05-Feb-2021
Great! Keep up the work.

Well only for me I can tell:

A breakthrough in 1 hit is nearly impossible (for me as I said).

I'm a non smoker of anything, so even if evaporated correctly, smoke is not that nice ...

Ok you are not me, but it could also help: What I recommend is EATING some harmalas before, you will need more, but they last the WHOLE SESSION. Now this is not the only good thing, because much more important is the second:

As you eat them, you can eat virtually any dose (of course there is a maximum inhibition and further would be pointless).

And by eating ~ 250 mg which should grant full inhibition without causing nausea you will get an even longer experience than from vaporization of *regular blend* Changa.

The reason for this: You can hit multiple portions and therefore work your way up.

So I really dont care about how big 1 hit is. I simply take another one until I'm satisfied. And this works well better at *full inhibition* - the regular Changa still leaves not that big of a window between each rip to totally build up on the last one.

Maybe try to make a sequence of small/medium rips and preferably with ORAL Harmalas, this should definetly do the trick!
Check the

BIG Analysis on DMT !

Lots of interesting and possibly new stuff unraveled ;o
 
dsomethingt
#3043 Posted : 4/13/2019 1:30:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 4
Joined: 08-Apr-2019
Last visit: 24-Apr-2019
Greetings. This is my first post. I've looked around a bit but I may nonetheless have missed something that I ought to have read. Please accept my apology if the following is somehow inappropriate.

I have read that oxidization is an issue of concern while extracting DMT. I have also read--in the context of teks discussing hot water baths--that heat breaks down DMT; however, I've been told by a reputable source that you cannot get water hot enough to damage DMT.

What is the truth? At what point(s) during extraction is contact with air a concern? And for temperatures under 100C (90C in practice), do I need to concern myself at any points with heat breaking down what I'm after?

Background: I'm still acquainting myself with various extraction procedures. I completed Noman's tek and once got some nice crystals but there was a fair bit of yellow. I have access to lab equipment, so I am presently undertaking Vovin's tek; however, my Buchner filter does not seem properly suited to the job. This is what prompted me to wonder about oxidization because the liquid comes through the Buchner filter in bubbles. (It's a two-part filter and clearly air is being vacuumed in through the interface between the two parts.) Thus, the
liquid is being thoroughly exposed to air.
 
Brennendes Wasser
#3044 Posted : 4/13/2019 10:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 547
Joined: 23-Sep-2017
Last visit: 05-Feb-2021
Hi there and welcome!

Heat is NO PROBLEM and oxidation is also NOT OCCURING.



Oxidation may occur this way:

- plain Crystals (no solvent) exposed to high temperatures > 100 °C or many more

- DMT exposed to direct UV light, after 24 hours ~ 10 % should be converted to N-Oxide


Heat is no problem as long as you are in aqueous solution, because even 100 °C cannot do anything to the molecule.

I would still only use 75 - 85 °C for extracting, as this is also already sufficient to get every goodies out of the bark.

No DMT gets oxidized when doing any regular TEK, so dont worry!

If it was slightly yellowish or not solid crystalline, thats just contaminations of inactive stuff. Vovins TEK should normally grant a cleaner product.
Check the

BIG Analysis on DMT !

Lots of interesting and possibly new stuff unraveled ;o
 
GLTASN
#3045 Posted : 4/13/2019 3:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 113
Joined: 16-Nov-2018
Last visit: 24-Feb-2021
Location: the last frontier
dsomethingt wrote:
Greetings. This is my first post. I've looked around a bit but I may nonetheless have missed something that I ought to have read. Please accept my apology if the following is somehow inappropriate.

I have read that oxidization is an issue of concern while extracting DMT. I have also read--in the context of teks discussing hot water baths--that heat breaks down DMT; however, I've been told by a reputable source that you cannot get water hot enough to damage DMT.

What is the truth? At what point(s) during extraction is contact with air a concern? And for temperatures under 100C (90C in practice), do I need to concern myself at any points with heat breaking down what I'm after?

Background: I'm still acquainting myself with various extraction procedures. I completed Noman's tek and once got some nice crystals but there was a fair bit of yellow. I have access to lab equipment, so I am presently undertaking Vovin's tek; however, my Buchner filter does not seem properly suited to the job. This is what prompted me to wonder about oxidization because the liquid comes through the Buchner filter in bubbles. (It's a two-part filter and clearly air is being vacuumed in through the interface between the two parts.) Thus, the
liquid is being thoroughly exposed to air.


I know a guy that did a hot water bath for his stb tek. he stored the bottles in hot tap(112-118F) water while waiting for the naphtha to separate. the results were not any more yellow than dmt ive seen posted here or, personal first hand exp.. his tek called for a wash and he was so happy with results he didn't re-x. so he didn't know that 85 was hot enough but it didn't affect the product thankfully.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."
 
dsomethingt
#3046 Posted : 4/14/2019 12:56:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 4
Joined: 08-Apr-2019
Last visit: 24-Apr-2019
Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Hi there and welcome!

Heat is NO PROBLEM and oxidation is also NOT OCCURING.

- snip -


Thank you so much for this information! I will proceed with my mind at ease.
 
dsomethingt
#3047 Posted : 4/14/2019 1:00:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 4
Joined: 08-Apr-2019
Last visit: 24-Apr-2019
My second newb question: I am unable to obtain naptha. I'm using n-heptane as my extraction solvent. I've read that it is less than ideal for defats. What alternatives should I consider?

And for the chemists... I'm following Vovin's tech. After repeated decanting and filtration of my acidified water/bark tea, it is colored but transparent. How can fats remain in this fairly clear aqueous solution?

Please and thank you.
 
downwardsfromzero
#3048 Posted : 4/14/2019 1:32:14 PM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 5402
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 22-Feb-2021
Location: square root of minus one
dsomethingt wrote:
My second newb question: I am unable to obtain naptha. I'm using n-heptane as my extraction solvent. I've read that it is less than ideal for defats. What alternatives should I consider?

And for the chemists... I'm following Vovin's tech. After repeated decanting and filtration of my acidified water/bark tea, it is colored but transparent. How can fats remain in this fairly clear aqueous solution?

Please and thank you.

If you're using MHRB then defats are unnecessary. For other materials, heptane will work for defatting an acidic brew if you use it hot. A good alternative would be toluene but if you decide to use something other than heptane it depends on ease of availability. If you can't get some form of naphtha it's hard to see how any other kind of solvent would be any easier to find.

I'd suggest you attempt to familiarise yourself with the various uses of different kinds of solvents. That will help you to understand where to find them.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
dsomethingt
#3049 Posted : 4/14/2019 7:35:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 4
Joined: 08-Apr-2019
Last visit: 24-Apr-2019
downwardsfromzero wrote:
If you're using MHRB then defats are unnecessary. For other materials, heptane will work for defatting an acidic brew if you use it hot. A good alternative would be toluene but if you decide to use something other than heptane it depends on ease of availability. If you can't get some form of naphtha it's hard to see how any other kind of solvent would be any easier to find.

Thanks very much for that information!

As for how naphtha can be unavailable while other solvents are: California.
 
downwardsfromzero
#3050 Posted : 4/14/2019 9:30:59 PM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 5402
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 22-Feb-2021
Location: square root of minus one
You'll be fine with heptane.

You might want to take a look at Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
IceKnife
#3051 Posted : 4/20/2019 8:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 14
Joined: 05-Apr-2019
Last visit: 12-Sep-2020
Location: The realms, the reaaallmmss
Had the opportunity to watch an extraction.

some powdered mhrb was extracted with q21q21's tek using d-limonene and then pulled with FASW.

The first 3 or 4 pulls were done over a period of about 6 hours. Those were evapped and a very thick mahogany jim jam was produced. The mix of bark sat damp with the lime for about 4 or 5 days after that and at the end, 2 pulls were done the same way as above.
The next morning, the evap tray had small whitish yellow crystals on it and barely any resin.

What happened here to make the pulls so different? Was it the time it sat basifying?
 
Brennendes Wasser
#3052 Posted : 4/20/2019 11:09:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 547
Joined: 23-Sep-2017
Last visit: 05-Feb-2021
Maybe the goo stuff is more soluble in Limonene and at first you pull most of it out. Then the later pulls yield only (or mostly) the Spice ? Confused



Quote:
My second newb question: I am unable to obtain naptha. I'm using n-heptane as my extraction solvent. I've read that it is less than ideal for defats. What alternatives should I consider?


Yes N-Heptane is nice, but it was told that it pulls slightly more unwanted stuff. So maybe you may want to do a recrystallization afterwards. But actually you will find out yourself, if your spice is a goo or not by testing it yourself. Just proceed as normal and then you will see if you should take additional care afterwards by purifying it.

I dont know why it should be bad for defats. It still gets out the fats and then afterwards the Spice very nicely. Haven't tested myself though ... I guess there are no real alternatives, Heptane is the closest you get to Naphtha and there is no stuff that you would use instead. All other possible solvents pull much more goo (like Ether / DCM) and therefore Heptane is still good!

Also important: If you use MHRB (= from Mimosa Hostilis) then you dont even have to defat. Therefore no worries!

Quote:
And for the chemists... I'm following Vovin's tech. After repeated decanting and filtration of my acidified water/bark tea, it is colored but transparent. How can fats remain in this fairly clear aqueous solution?


Yes colored but transparent is good! If its transparent it does not say anything about the content. So the colour is nothing that will tell you if there are fats or not. If it is indeed milky, then something is about to crash out and settle to the bottom, but this will not happen in your case.
Indeed some other things could cause a solution to become milky if they dissolve. But in the case of your acidic bark tea the inability to look through it is ONLY because of SMALL BARK PARTICLES that you need to filter out! After you filtered them out it will always be transparent and dark red, like red wine.


But now a third thing to consider: As I told you for MHRB you dont need a defat step, your question is even unnessesary to consider, because you will have NO fats that you need to take care of AND a clear (dark red) solution.
Check the

BIG Analysis on DMT !

Lots of interesting and possibly new stuff unraveled ;o
 
psychedOut
#3053 Posted : 4/22/2019 5:15:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 5
Joined: 20-Jan-2019
Last visit: 04-Nov-2020
Swim is trying to extract dmt. He ended up using an STB Tek involving lye, naphtha, and mhrb. The problem arose when he took the naphtha solution off the top of the bottle and put it into the freezer for evaporation. Crystals inside the freezer formed and he took them out but they melted very quickly into a liquid after pulling them out. My main thought is that it is just a freebase, a liquid and I could soak it up in some sort of nontoxic leaf and then smoke it that way. The only thing that I'm worried about is that there is still naptha in this strange liquid and it might be really harmful to try and smoke.
 
Trev_sunyata
#3054 Posted : 4/22/2019 6:18:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 25
Joined: 17-Jan-2019
Last visit: 07-May-2019


This is my evap chamber
If I were to run this out side on a warm day, should I be concerned about possible fire hazards?
It has a computer fan inside that vent, pulling air into the site box with an air filter. The back of the box has medium size holes for exhaust ventilation.
The fan is fairly new, bought for a grow box and only used for one grow. The wires are twisted into a 12v adapter cord. Each wire pair is taped individually so they don't touch then the whole thing is twisted with tape to keep it together.

It may not be like that in the picture, but I just did it before I set it out side

I had it running, then left and got paranoid something might spark and blow lol
Rushed back and unplugged it, figured only keep fan running under supervision for now
Trev_sunyata attached the following image(s):
KIMG0237.JPG (1,290kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
Life I so boring when one is forced to abide by the rules. We fear breaking the rules. Let's play pretend. A whole universe where we can do anything which interests us. I am a poorly trained, chemistry inclined and severely drug addicted dolphin. I only exist as a cyber-tulpa and I do have a few 'super powers'... So yeah... Hmu we'll party.
 
Running Bear
#3055 Posted : 4/22/2019 7:00:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 556
Joined: 13-Mar-2016
Last visit: 03-May-2019
psychedOut wrote:
Swim is trying to extract dmt. He ended up using an STB Tek involving lye, naphtha, and mhrb. The problem arose when he took the naphtha solution off the top of the bottle and put it into the freezer for evaporation. Crystals inside the freezer formed and he took them out but they melted very quickly into a liquid after pulling them out. My main thought is that it is just a freebase, a liquid and I could soak it up in some sort of nontoxic leaf and then smoke it that way. The only thing that I'm worried about is that there is still naptha in this strange liquid and it might be really harmful to try and smoke.


It's hard to tell what you mean by strange liquid. Sometimes it's not dmt that you're seeing. it can be ice and other things from the naphtha and freezer. Dmt can be in other forms other than Crystal's. It can be a goo or a oil. You dont put it in your freezer to evaporate. You cover the dish and put it in your freezer for 12-24 hours to precipitate the crystals out of the naphtha. I would give it 24 hours because there's no reason to hurry. After the 24 hours use a Turkey baster and carefully remove the naphtha from the tray. I like to siphon from the edge of the glass tray to avoid pulling any dmt. Once the naphtha is removed quickly put the tray in front of a fan to evaporate the rest of the solvent. Without pictures there's really no way I can help you.
 
psychedOut
#3056 Posted : 4/22/2019 7:13:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 5
Joined: 20-Jan-2019
Last visit: 04-Nov-2020
 
psychedOut
#3057 Posted : 4/22/2019 7:14:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 5
Joined: 20-Jan-2019
Last visit: 04-Nov-2020
Running Bear wrote:
psychedOut wrote:
Swim is trying to extract dmt. He ended up using an STB Tek involving lye, naphtha, and mhrb. The problem arose when he took the naphtha solution off the top of the bottle and put it into the freezer for evaporation. Crystals inside the freezer formed and he took them out but they melted very quickly into a liquid after pulling them out. My main thought is that it is just a freebase, a liquid and I could soak it up in some sort of nontoxic leaf and then smoke it that way. The only thing that I'm worried about is that there is still naptha in this strange liquid and it might be really harmful to try and smoke.


It's hard to tell what you mean by strange liquid. Sometimes it's not dmt that you're seeing. it can be ice and other things from the naphtha and freezer. Dmt can be in other forms other than Crystal's. It can be a goo or a oil. You dont put it in your freezer to evaporate. You cover the dish and put it in your freezer for 12-24 hours to precipitate the crystals out of the naphtha. I would give it 24 hours because there's no reason to hurry. After the 24 hours use a Turkey baster and carefully remove the naphtha from the tray. I like to siphon from the edge of the glass tray to avoid pulling any dmt. Once the naphtha is removed quickly put the tray in front of a fan to evaporate the rest of the solvent. Without pictures there's really no way I can help you.


It's a very brown liquid he let it sit in the freezer for probably about 48 hours but just pulled it out not letting it sit in front of a fan or anything. Here is a of what the substance looks like after It was pulled from the freezer and melted.
Before it melted into the liquid it kinda looked like snow at least that's the closest thing I can compare it to.
psychedOut attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190422_140735.jpg (2,749kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
 
psychedOut
#3058 Posted : 4/22/2019 7:15:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 5
Joined: 20-Jan-2019
Last visit: 04-Nov-2020
 
Trev_sunyata
#3059 Posted : 4/22/2019 7:22:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 25
Joined: 17-Jan-2019
Last visit: 07-May-2019
psychedOut wrote:
Swim is trying to extract dmt. He ended up using an STB Tek involving lye, naphtha, and mhrb. The problem arose when he took the naphtha solution off the top of the bottle and put it into the freezer for evaporation. Crystals inside the freezer formed and he took them out but they melted very quickly into a liquid after pulling them out. My main thought is that it is just a freebase, a liquid and I could soak it up in some sort of nontoxic leaf and then smoke it that way. The only thing that I'm worried about is that there is still naptha in this strange liquid and it might be really harmful to try and smoke.


If there is residual naphtha on the jar it will dissolve the crystals as it warms, just a few drops are enough to lose it, put it back in the freezer if that happens.
When I pull my jars out I pour off the solvent into another jar right away but slowly so that the crystals don't pour too, on the ledge of the open freezer so it doesn't warm. I don't mind losing a few crystals in this step because I reuse it one more time then add it to a scrap jar that I collect up and evaporate.
Anyway, after you pour it off, balance the top spice jar at a pouring angle on the new scrap drip jar, so as the trace amounts of naphtha begin to drip down there sides, it will pour out, not pool at the bottom with your spice!
Life I so boring when one is forced to abide by the rules. We fear breaking the rules. Let's play pretend. A whole universe where we can do anything which interests us. I am a poorly trained, chemistry inclined and severely drug addicted dolphin. I only exist as a cyber-tulpa and I do have a few 'super powers'... So yeah... Hmu we'll party.
 
Running Bear
#3060 Posted : 4/22/2019 7:46:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 556
Joined: 13-Mar-2016
Last visit: 03-May-2019
psychedOut wrote:
Running Bear wrote:
psychedOut wrote:
Swim is trying to extract dmt. He ended up using an STB Tek involving lye, naphtha, and mhrb. The problem arose when he took the naphtha solution off the top of the bottle and put it into the freezer for evaporation. Crystals inside the freezer formed and he took them out but they melted very quickly into a liquid after pulling them out. My main thought is that it is just a freebase, a liquid and I could soak it up in some sort of nontoxic leaf and then smoke it that way. The only thing that I'm worried about is that there is still naptha in this strange liquid and it might be really harmful to try and smoke.


It's hard to tell what you mean by strange liquid. Sometimes it's not dmt that you're seeing. it can be ice and other things from the naphtha and freezer. Dmt can be in other forms other than Crystal's. It can be a goo or a oil. You dont put it in your freezer to evaporate. You cover the dish and put it in your freezer for 12-24 hours to precipitate the crystals out of the naphtha. I would give it 24 hours because there's no reason to hurry. After the 24 hours use a Turkey baster and carefully remove the naphtha from the tray. I like to siphon from the edge of the glass tray to avoid pulling any dmt. Once the naphtha is removed quickly put the tray in front of a fan to evaporate the rest of the solvent. Without pictures there's really no way I can help you.


It's a very brown liquid he let it sit in the freezer for probably about 48 hours but just pulled it out not letting it sit in front of a fan or anything. Here is a of what the substance looks like after It was pulled from the freezer and melted.
Before it melted into the liquid it kinda looked like snow at least that's the closest thing I can compare it to.


So you're telling me that he didn't let the naphtha evaporate at all? It's important not to rush this stuff. You want to do a lot of research before you try these extractions yourself. There's even a couple extraction videos online. Theres a food safe extraction video on YouTube called gordotek. You might be a visual learner so I would take a look.
 
«PREV151152153154155NEXT»
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest (2)

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 4.279 seconds.