We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV129130131132133NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

duku2012
#2601 Posted : 12/3/2016 4:51:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if the pot was the only reason things went wrong but I think its probably best I get rid of the flask contents and start a fresh extraction.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2602 Posted : 12/4/2016 4:56:21 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

duku2012 wrote:
Thank you for responding.

I just checked... Yes the pot is made from aluminium. I never knew they reacted badly with each other.

The 2nd time I mixed Lye it was in one of the Ball mason jars. I just checked the packaging I couldn't see anything about borosilicate. Would it be alright to use this in the future?

A mason jar works well, just don't add the lye too fast or it could overheat and shatter. Borosilicate glass is more resistant to thermal shock, making it more ideal for this kind of procedure, but it isn't necessary to have.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

duku2012
#2603 Posted : 12/5/2016 9:09:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I'm on my 2nd extraction attempt. The 1st one ended in heartbreak.

I am following Earth Walkers 100g ACRB tek. Everything seems to be going well so far. I just need some assistance with my pulled Naphtha.

The tek says

CLEAN UP STEPS
Add 500ml of distilled water to 1000ml Erlenmeyer flask. Add 60ml of White Distilled Vinegar and test with pH papers. Required pH = 3
Place 400ml of Naphtha pulls into this 560ml Acidic solution. Gently Rock and swirl this for 15 minutes – There should be a brown fatty substance in between the Naphtha and the acidic solution. Be careful not to break up this layer.
Pipette out all the Naphtha and brown fatty liquid and discard. Now the 500ml acidic water solution contains the DMT.

There is no brown fatty liquid in my clean up bottle! The Naphtha is a slightly yellow color. I have been swirling the mixing inside to exchange DMT enriched Nps to acidic solution but nothing seems to be happening.

Have I done something wrong? Is this brown fatty layer still in my Basic Soup mixture?
Do I need the brown fatty liquid? Does it contain DMT?

If I don't need it can I seal my clean up flask and turn end of end similar to Naphtha pulling stage?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks!

Here is the full tek that I'm following if this helps you answer my questions

PREPARING BASIC SOUP
Measure out 100g of powdered ACRB. Place this in a 2000ml Erlenmeyer flask then add 500ml distilled water. Make it a nice consistency with no lumps of bark, you want it to be able to slosh from one end to the other. Then add 60ml of white distilled vinegar to the bark-water mix.
Bring 500ml of tap water to the boil in large pot. Turn off the heat & place Erlenmeyer flask into large pot. Stir the bark every 15 minutes – avoid aeration
After an hour take Erlenmeyer flask out of the large pot and bring the tap water back to boiling, then turn off the heat. Place Erlenmeyer flask back in the large pot. Stir the bark every 15 minutes – avoid aeration
1, 2, 3
Take Erlenmeyer flask out of pot every hour and reheat for a total of 4 hours.
Measure out 80g of salt. Bring 400ml of distilled water to the boil. Add 200ml of distilled water. Add 80g of salt to boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add an additional 600ml of distilled water. Add this 1000ml saline solution to 760ml acidic soup.
Measure out 60g of Lye and add to 300ml of distilled water to dissolve. Add this 300ml Lye water to acidic solution. It should go almost black.
This should give a final pH of around 12.8+
Bring 500ml of tap water to the boil in large pot. Turn off the heat & place Erlenmeyer flask into large pot. Stir the bark every 15 minutes – avoid aeration
After an hour take Erlenmeyer flask out of the large pot and bring the tap water back to boiling, then turn off the heat. Place Erlenmeyer flask back in the large pot. Stir the bark every 15 minutes – avoid aeration
1, 2, 3,
Take Erlenmeyer flask out of pot every hour and reheat for a total of 4 hours.
Measure out 400ml of Naphtha into a Mason jar. Bring 200ml of tap water to the boil in a pan. Turn off the heat. Place the Mason jar into the pan. Leave for 5 minutes for heat to transfer.
Pipette 100ml of hot Naphtha into Basic Soup Mix. Place rubber stopper into flask and turn bottle end over end for 1 minute. Remove rubber stopper
Allow the Naphtha to fully separate (no bubbles or particles floating upward through basic soup.) Repeat this step 4 times in total. Allowing time for full separation in between rotations. Pipette Naphtha into Mason jar – Be careful not to suck up any basic soup in the pulls.
Repeat this step using reheated Naphtha the following volumes 75ml, 75ml, 50ml, 50ml and 50ml until 400ml has been cycled through

CLEAN UP STEPS
Add 500ml of distilled water to 1000ml Erlenmeyer flask. Add 60ml of White Distilled Vinegar and test with pH papers. Required pH = 3
Place 400ml of Naphtha pulls into this 560ml Acidic solution. Gently Rock and swirl this for 15 minutes – There should be a brown fatty substance in between the Naphtha and the acidic solution. Be careful not to break up this layer.
Pipette out all the Naphtha and brown fatty liquid and discard. Now the 500ml acidic water solution contains the DMT.
Measure out 50g of Lye and add to 200ml of distilled water. Once dissolved add this 200ml Lye water to acidic solution. It will turn milky white. Add ***ml of distilled water and test pH with pH testing papers. Required pH = 12.8
Measure out 400ml of Naphtha and place in a Mason jar. Put 300ml of tap water into a pan and heat to the boil. Turn off heat. Place Mason jar in pan. Leave 5 minutes for heat to transfer.
Pipette 100ml of hot Naphtha into DMT enriched Lye water. Place rubber stopper into flask and turn bottle end over end for 1 minute. Remove rubber stopper.
Allow the Naphtha to fully separate (no bubbles or particles floating upward through basic soup.) Repeat this step 4 times in total. Allowing time for full separation in between rotations. Pipette Naphtha into Mason jar – Be careful not to suck up any basic soup in the pulls.
Repeat this step using reheated Naphtha at the following volumes 75ml, 75ml, 50ml, 50ml and 50ml until 400ml has been cycled through. The pulls will be crystal clear.
There will be a white fatty layer between the water and the hot Naphtha. It’s a mix of DMT particles and fat. With every pull it will get thinner. Be careful not to suck any of it up.
Repeat these steps until the mix is no longer white or no longer giving off any DMT. Place all pulls into a Mason jar.
Place the Mason jar on windowsill. Pre evaporate half of the Naphtha. The Naphtha should turn milky. Once 50% of the Naphtha has evaporated seal the Mason jar and wrap in cellophane wrap. Place Mason jar in freezer for 36 hours.
Place a coffee filter over a Mason jar and seal with rubber band.
After 36 hours of freezing take the Mason jar out of the freezer and pour Naphtha through coffee filter to catch any free floating DMT crystals. Place jar upside down on a towel and let excess Naphtha drain.
Turn jar on its side and let desk fan blow into jar for 3 hours or until there is no more smell of Naphtha.
Scrap jar using scalpel

boogerz
#2604 Posted : 12/5/2016 12:53:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

duku2012 wrote:
[/i]

Have I done something wrong? Is this brown fatty layer still in my Basic Soup mixture?
Do I need the brown fatty liquid? Does it contain DMT?

If I don't need it can I seal my clean up flask and turn end of end similar to Naphtha pulling stage?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks!

[/i]

As far as I know no fatty brown layer is needed to continue
Just continue to shake and pull naphtha out. Basify your water etc...

Use a flat dish instead of a mason jar for final frezze IMO way easier to scrape out your final product than a mason jar

Spaced Out 2
#2605 Posted : 12/5/2016 1:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its not normally a brown fatty layer, if you read the clean up stage just once more you will see it says white fatty layer. It usually sits right on top of the acidic solution, and there's some that can sit on top of the basic solution as well when you're doing your initial pulls.

This is normal especially with ACRB. If your not seeing any there may not be many fats in your mix, and you won't see the DMT transition from the yellow solvent to the acidic solution. Just gently roll it end to end multiple times, don't shake.

After you have done this several times discard the solvent layer and any fats that may or may not be sitting on top of the acidic solution. Proceed with the rest of the directions from there. Works like a charm!

Good luck Thumbs up

duku2012
#2606 Posted : 12/5/2016 9:56:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys thank you for responding. I was worried I had missed something.

I will roll the flask like you suggested Spaced.

Boogerz - I want to use a flat dish but I don't have something sealable that I trust. I bought some Pyrex dishes recently and the tops are a bit flimsy. I stored a bit of Naphtha in then and found they leaked.

I know it can be a pain to scrap a mason jar but I'm confident that there will be no smell and not leak.

Will freeze precipitation take longer in mason jar? I intend to pre evaporate 50% of the pulled Naphtha before freezing.

Thank you all again for taking time to respond. I'd be lost without having this resource

boogerz
#2607 Posted : 12/6/2016 2:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Plastic (saran) wrap your rectangular glass container first then placing the lid on works

Also pre evaping until crystals just begin to form works

Good luck

duku2012
#2608 Posted : 12/6/2016 10:49:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After all steps completed I was left with 400ml of pulled Naphtha.

I left it on a windowsill with a desk fan blowing onto it to pre evaporate. This took a lot longer than my first attempt. 1st attempt was 6 hours for 50% to evaporate. This time it took 13 hours. The Naphtha is very cloudy.

So I have 200ml of Naphtha in a mason jar wrapped in Saran Wrap in the freezer.

I'm going to leave it for 24 hours.

I then heated an additional 150ml of Naphtha and added this to my clean up flask. The lye water is almost clear now. After shaking and settling 4x I pipetted out the 150ml of Naphta and placed in another mason jar. I'm going to let this 150ml fully evaporate and see if I'm left with anything.

I'll post an update tomorrow. Thanks again all

Spaced Out 2
#2609 Posted : 12/7/2016 12:20:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

duku2012 wrote:
After all steps completed I was left with 400ml of pulled Naphtha.

I left it on a windowsill with a desk fan blowing onto it to pre evaporate. This took a lot longer than my first attempt. 1st attempt was 6 hours for 50% to evaporate. This time it took 13 hours. The Naphtha is very cloudy.

So I have 200ml of Naphtha in a mason jar wrapped in Saran Wrap in the freezer.

I'm going to leave it for 24 hours.

I then heated an additional 150ml of Naphtha and added this to my clean up flask. The lye water is almost clear now. After shaking and settling 4x I pipetted out the 150ml of Naphta and placed in another mason jar. I'm going to let this 150ml fully evaporate and see if I'm left with anything.

I'll post an update tomorrow. Thanks again all

Well if it was cloudy then that's definitely a good sign. Try using something other than a mason jar to freeze pricip in, it'll make scraping up the xtals easier. It will also help speed up evaping before freezing since more surface area will be exposed to the air. Good luck on the outcome and keep us updated Thumbs up

duku2012
#2610 Posted : 12/8/2016 1:31:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

First of all thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my questions. I have learnt so much during this whole process. I am a little disappointed with my yield though.

I left my mason jar for 24+ hours. There were plenty of crystals in the bottom after draining the Naphtha.

It looks like a lot but there isn't much weight to it

After scraping I'm left with 0.23... I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I might have poor quality ACRB.

The 150ml that I left out to evaporate is forming crystals as well. I need to leave that at least another day for Naphtha to fully evaporate before I touch it.

There is a small amount left to scrap out of the jar. Its a little sticky so I figured I would leave it dry for a day.

The 0.23 that I scraped - How long should I leave it before I try it?

Spaced Out 2
#2611 Posted : 12/8/2016 3:31:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you've let it air dry and you don't smell any traces of solvent then its ok to try it out now or whenever you're ready.

As for bark quality, its really hit or miss with Acrb, don't be discouraged, you have plenty there to try out plus a little more still forming, be grateful that it worked out this time Smile

Safe and happy journeys Thumbs up

Peace

TheVoidWithin
#2612 Posted : 12/18/2016 10:16:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so I need some advice here. Just finished my second (somewhat) successful extraction but I'm just not getting the yields I was hoping for.
I Started with 100g Mimosa hostilis from a reputable supplier and followed Cyb's Max Ion tek with Earthwalker's mini a/b added on.
I did the usual freeze/thaw x3 and then placed in a heat bath for around 5 hours with citric acid to bring the ph down to around 3 (I tested at each stage with ph strips). After that I added the suggested amount of salt and then shorty after the lye and placed back in a heat bath for two hours, stirring occasionally. At this point I took a break and left the base soup to sit over night. The next day I did 3x 100ml xylene pulls which I then back salted according to Earthwalkers mini a/b. after adding the lye things were looking hopeful as the solution went very milky white. I started doing 50ml heptane pulls on this and after the third pull, the solution had gone clear so I stopped pulling and placed my pulls in the freezer for the night. Around 14 hours later I drained the heptane and ended up with 200mg of pure white crystals.
So from what I've said, does anything stand out as being the cause of the low yield? should I have done more heptane pulls at the end? I've still got both flasks (main 2l bark soup and smaller 1l mini a/b flask) so I can try doing some more pulls. Should the heptane have stayed in the freezer longer? I just can't figure it out. please assist.

Jees
#2613 Posted : 12/18/2016 11:19:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3 x xylene pull can possibly miss out catching actives, but that depends how well it was shaken. Gentle stirring is not enough. I've no idea how you did it.

You ended with 150 ml of pulls on the back salted liquid, which is a lot to freeze.
You should evaporate like 2/3 of it (being 100ml), then freeze the remaining 50.
You can also evaporate completely the heptane to see what gives.
14 hours is short, just leave it for 2 days in the freezer is better.

Another thing: heptane looks best warm to pull with, like 40 C (100 F), also the vessel and back salt liquid. But since your milk got transparent, it should be ok I guess.

My guessing bet is the xylene pulls were not efficient enough and more stars are still in the soup.

Hope you to succeed.

The Supreme Dream
#2614 Posted : 12/18/2016 11:06:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys I was wondering if you could help me with one doubt that I have...
It's about the smoke method "the machine", I did a lot of research but I just have one lil doubt:
First question: For the DMT method "The machine" Which lighter is better? a butane lighter (aka torch lighter) or a common lighter?
And why...
Please, this question only applies for "the machine" method.
Second question:¿Where should I put the spice? I heard a lot of ways like melting the dmt with the steel srubber with an additional heat source, isn't that contradictory? I mean,the spice should not get in contact with the direct flame right?
Thats all I want to know folks, thank you...
Love Love Love Love Love

Mike-ologist
#2615 Posted : 12/20/2016 2:38:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When extracting acrb do you get both DMT and NMT in your extract?

Spaced Out 2
#2616 Posted : 12/20/2016 10:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mike-ologist wrote:
When extracting acrb do you get both DMT and NMT in your extract?

Yes, you can get both with Acrb.

downwardsfromzero
#2617 Posted : 12/26/2016 6:19:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The Supreme Dream wrote:
Hello guys I was wondering if you could help me with one doubt that I have...
It's about the smoke method "the machine", I did a lot of research but I just have one lil doubt:
First question: For the DMT method "The machine" Which lighter is better? a butane lighter (aka torch lighter) or a common lighter?
And why...
Please, this question only applies for "the machine" method.
Second question:¿Where should I put the spice? I heard a lot of ways like melting the dmt with the steel srubber with an additional heat source, isn't that contradictory? I mean,the spice should not get in contact with the direct flame right?
Thats all I want to know folks, thank you...
Love Love Love Love Love

I thought a 'common lighter' also ran on butane. Obviously a zippo-type lighter is very suboptimal here. Anyhow, the advantage of a torch type lighter is that it burns the fuel completely so no carbon deposits are made and also there are minimal other partial combustion products to be inhaled.

If the steel wool is heated from below with the DMT on top, it won't be combusted. Or to heat up the scrubber and drop the DMT onto it after removing the flame would be even safer (if the scrubber has cooled enough for the DMT not to vaporize!) Due care and careful observation brings its accordant rewards.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JefFlux
#2618 Posted : 12/28/2016 3:27:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On a side note, can anyone confirm a correlation between too much base and oily results when working with Acacia (particularly Australian variants- Acimunata primarily).
It seems that a ph in excess of 13 (as called for in Elf Spice's complete Acacia extraction) - consistently yields waxy/oil. yet a ph of 12 tends to form crystals.
with thanks Smile

puddles
#2619 Posted : 1/7/2017 3:58:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to use a hot plate instead of using a stovetop for an ATB 'salt' Tek extraction. Should be totally fine right? Not sure how this would make any difference, but I've never used a hot plate before so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Thanks!

2headsARE1
#2620 Posted : 1/23/2017 4:31:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

«PREV129130131132133NEXT»