We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV128129130131132NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Quetzal7
#2581 Posted : 11/4/2016 11:57:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks that's helpful information. i will report my experiments as soon as possible. All material is being gathered

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ducdevil
#2582 Posted : 11/4/2016 4:42:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey all - quick question:

when doing a freeze/thaw of bark prior to extraction, should one subtract the amount of water mixed with the bark during freezing from the amount of water added at the first stage of acidification?

for example, in Cyb's salt tek, 200ml of water is added along with the vinegar; would that amount be less because of the water added in the freeze thaw? after all, that water doesn't disappear....

any help wouuld be welcomed - many thanks!

Psilosopher?
#2583 Posted : 11/5/2016 4:07:23 AM

Don't Panic

ducdevil wrote:
hey all - quick question:

when doing a freeze/thaw of bark prior to extraction, should one subtract the amount of water mixed with the bark during freezing from the amount of water added at the first stage of acidification?

for example, in Cyb's salt tek, 200ml of water is added along with the vinegar; would that amount be less because of the water added in the freeze thaw? after all, that water doesn't disappear....

any help wouuld be welcomed - many thanks!

All that matters is if the plant material is properly suspended, and the pH is ideal.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

UltimateShame
#2584 Posted : 11/6/2016 1:10:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
20g is a pretty small amount to be working with. And how can you be sure it was P. viridis? Also there is considerable variation in the alkaloid content of P. viridis leaves depending on the time of harvest and the conditions the plant has been subject to prior to the harvest. Dawn and dusk are peak alkaloid times, drought stress increases alkaloid levels. This was discussed on a thread round here somewhere (UTFSE).

Growing my own P. viridis and got a bag of fresh leaves from a vendor nearby. I harvest my leaves at dusk. He harvested them at dawn.

Quote:
Citric acid can cause particular problems with emulsions. How much tea did you end up with?

Ended up with about 500ml or so. No problems with emulsions though.

Quote:
Have you kept this naphtha?

Haven't kept the defat napthta. Could I have done something with it?

Quote:
More NaOH would help, pH 11-12 being better.

Could as well have been 11 or 12. PH stripes only went up to 10.

Quote:
More pulls would be better. Did you really only use a total of 30mL of naphtha? Was the naphtha warm?

Napthta was warm. Yes. Used 2x15ml. Did the same after letting it sit for a week. 2x15ml again. Same result, just less substance.

I know. 20g is not that much. But I've read, folks got around 200mg of Spice out of it. But however, got not a single usable mg out of it.
UltimateShame attached the following image(s):
00-leaves-fresh.jpg (525kb) downloaded 250 time(s).
01-leaves-dried.jpg (455kb) downloaded 250 time(s).
02-acid-cook.jpg (385kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
03-defat.jpg (344kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
04-defat.jpg (339kb) downloaded 250 time(s).
05-base-pull.jpg (325kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
06-after-freeze.jpg (486kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
07-melted.jpg (440kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
08-substance.jpg (291kb) downloaded 251 time(s).

duku2012
#2585 Posted : 11/11/2016 7:09:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

Re: 100g ACRB A/B Extraction
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...amp;m=764790#post764790

I hope this is the correct place to post.

I am kind of new to the DMT Nexus and I am looking to attempt my first extraction with ACRB. I have read the post over and over and I’m a little confused about the measurements. I have added up all the values and it seems to be that both the basic soup 2ltr bottle and the 1ltr clean up bottle will be overflowing. Also the amount of naptha left at the end of basic soup & clean up stages seems very high 1,200ml & 1,000ml

I’ve written out the method in my own words to help me better follow the process. Would someone please be able point out what I’ve misunderstood or where I’m going wrong I would be extremely grateful.

Preparing Basic Soup

Step 1
Measure out 100g of Powdered ACRB
Place in a 2000ml bottle
Add 500ml of water & stir so no lumps
Add 60ml of white vinegar
Allow to sit in a warm water bath for 1.5hours – stirring every 10-15 mins

Step 2
Add 80g of salt to 400ml of boiling water
Add an additional 500/600ml of water
Add 1000ml saline solution to 560ml acidic soup
= 1,560ml

Step 3
60g lye added to 300ml water
Add this to 1,560ml acidic saline soup
= 1,860ml

Step 4
Allow to sit in a warm water bath for at least 2 hours
Leave basic soup to cool

Step 5
Heat up naptha in heat bath
Take 50ml of hot naptha and add to basic soup
Stir for at least 45-60 seconds then allow 3-5 minutes for the naptha to separate
=1,910ml

Repeat this for a total of 4x (200ml naptha)
= 2,060ml

Step 6
Once fully separated pull naptha with pipette and place in glass or container
Repeat steps 5 & 6 a total of 6 times
= 1,200ml of naptha after all 6 pulls?

Clean Up Steps

Step 1
Glass bottle with thin neck approx. 1,000ml in size
Add 500ml water
Add 60ml white vinegar
=560ml

Step 2
Place 1,200ml naptha pulls into glass bottle
Rock and swirl for 15 minutes for DMT enriched naptha to separate from the acidic water / fat content
1,760ml overflowing?

Step 3
Pipette or siphon out all the naptha along with the brown fatty liquid and discard
The 500ml of acidic water now contains the DMT
Add 50g of lye and add to 200ml of water
= 700ml

Step 4
Stir for at least 45-60 seconds then allow 3-5 minutes for the naptha to separate
=1,910ml

= 2,060ml

Step 5
Repeat steps 4 & 5 a total of 5 times
= 1,000ml of naptha into precip dish after all 5 pulls?

Many thanks

Tryptallmine
#2586 Posted : 11/11/2016 9:42:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

duku2012 wrote:
Hello,

I am kind of new to the DMT Nexus and I am looking to attempt my first extraction with ACRB. I have read the post over and over and I’m a little confused about the measurements. I have added up all the values and it seems to be that both the basic soup 2ltr bottle and the 1ltr clean up bottle will be overflowing. Also the amount of naptha left at the end of basic soup & clean up stages seems very high 1,200ml & 1,000ml

I’ve written out the method in my own words to help me better follow the process. Would someone please be able point out what I’ve misunderstood or where I’m going wrong I would be extremely grateful.

Preparing Basic Soup

You can adjust the amounts a little bit. It's not an exact science, so long as the soup is nice and liquidy and not thick and the pH is correct for each phase then you can't really get it wrong.

Acid Phase = pH ~2-3. I usually hit around 2-2.5
Alkaline Phase = pH 12-12.5

Invest in a pH meter so you can check your work at each stage. If you're not getting your mix in the target pH ranges then it's silly to go onto the next step without correcting it.

Step 1
Place in a 2000ml bottle

I tend to leave each soak in for 3-4 hours. Agitating every 30-40 minutes to prevent it settling.

Step 2
= 1,560ml
Don't top up with as much fresh water. Use this to adjust your volume of water. It is not important.

Step 3
= 1,860ml
This is fine.

Step 4
Leave basic soup to cool

I would bath it for 4 hours as with the acid soak. Agitate every 30 minutes to prevent it settling. I've found 2Hours to be insufficient in the past.

Step 5
=1,910ml

SAFETY: Make sure you have no open flames, a dust mask/respirator and glasses - I hope you use these to begin with.

I usually add room temperature NPS. The temperature of the NPS will equalize with the aqueous phase quite quickly so it's not essential.

= 2,060ml

You want a little bit of air in the bottle to help with the mixing, if you have it flush to the top you wont have a bubble of air that helps mix up the solutions.

So far so good.

Step 6

Too much NPS. I usually find 4 pulls is enough. However I usually do my first pull or two with about 75-100ml of NPS. The first two will pull the most. Then reduce to 50ml for subsequent pulls. So therefor 75/100+75/100+50+50+50+50 = 300/400ml NPS.

Clean Up Steps

Step 1
Add 500ml water
Add 60ml white vinegar
=560ml

Step 2
Rock and swirl for 15 minutes for DMT enriched naptha to separate from the acidic water / fat content
1,760ml overflowing?

Step 3
Pipette or siphon out all the naptha along with the brown fatty liquid and discard
= 700ml

Step 4
Heat up naphtha in heat bath
Take 50ml of hot naphtha and add to basic soup
=1,910ml

Rather than stir (unless you have a magnetic stirrer) roll the bottle end over end. I still do this between dropping it on a magnetic stirbar hotplate. Just get a stopwatch and do it for a minute, let it settle, and repeat about 3-4 times for each pull. Just be mindful that you can get a pressure increase in the bottle from the NPS mixing. I would suggest you just crack the lid on the bottle to let out any built up gases periodically.

Each pull will take you ~20 minutes if you take your time.

= 2,060ml

Step 5

You'll probably have about 250-300ml to precipitate. You can either evaporate the whole thing slowly, or partially evaporate it until you see some crystals forming then freeze precipitate. Make sure your container is airtight going into the freezer.

Many thanks

TGO
#2587 Posted : 11/11/2016 9:58:01 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

duku2012 wrote:
Hello,

Preparing Basic Soup

Step 1
Place in a 2000ml bottle

Step 2
= 1,560ml

Step 3
= 1,860ml

Step 4
Leave basic soup to cool

Step 5
=1,910ml

= 2,060ml

Step 6

Clean Up Steps

Step 1
Add 500ml water
Add 60ml white vinegar
=560ml

Step 2
1,760ml overflowing?

Step 3
= 700ml

Step 4
=1,910ml

= 2,060ml

Step 5

Many thanks

Hi, if I'm understanding you correctly, step 5 is where you are getting confused.

You don't do all the pulls at once, you put 50ml of naphtha into the basic soup, stir/mix, let separate, and THEN remove the 50ml of naphtha into a separate dish using a pipette or baster. You then repeat the process with a fresh amount of 50ml naphtha. Also, most people only do 4-6 pulls although you can do as many as you want or until the bark is exhausted of it's DMT. Depending on how many pulls you do, 200-300ml total naphtha winds up in your dish which will be used in the cleanup steps.

The same concept goes for the cleanup steps. 50ml of naphtha per pull, one at a time. Hope this helps clarify things for you.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Spaced Out 2
#2588 Posted : 11/12/2016 7:33:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ this but the point is to keep the solvent into the narrow part of the extraction container, so yes its gonna be full, this makes it easier to retrieve the naphtha.

While you're doing your last pulls after the clean up stage you can let the previous pulls evap down while performing the next before going into the freezer.

duku2012
#2589 Posted : 11/12/2016 4:00:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine, The Grateful One, Spaced Out 2

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. This has cleared up my confusion. I feel a lot more confident about attempting this extraction now. I am in the process of ordering some equipment. I will take your advice Tryptallmine and order a pH meter to test at every stage. I will also extend the warm water baths to 4 hours like you suggested.

Thank you guys again. I will make another post once my extraction is complete and let you know my results

All the best

downwardsfromzero
#2590 Posted : 11/12/2016 4:15:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quetzal7 wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quetzal7 wrote:
DRY TEK Q21Q21 question

Can i substitute CACLICUM HYDROXIDE and use instead CALCIUM OXIDE ? because it's impossible to find calcium hydroxide here.
I understand that calcium oxide will react with the water and anyway make calcium hydoxide. I also understand it will create heat.
Any other insight, or something i missed ?

You can, although you had probably better add the water first as slaking quicklime can get very hot indeed. Is it really easier for you to find calcium oxide in your locality than calcium hydroxide? Or will you simply be making your own from chalk?

If you can find sodium hydroxide and calcium chloride you can then synthesise your own calcium hydroxide.

What solvent were you planning on using?

I find calcium hydroxide only in pharmacy for the simple price of 35euro a kg. that is ridiculus. even if i can afford it, it is ridiculus. I can buy 5kg of calcium oxide for 2 euros.
The problem is, if i mix with water first, i will not be able to DRY the mix ! that's why the calcium hydroxide is great. You first put the MHRB in acid for some days (liquid mud), then add the lime -> it becomes like soft clay. Maybe you have an alternative to dry the mix ? Add something like salt, or idon't know... ?
I plan to use Dilimonene
I could for sure go back to a more "classic" way. But if you ever try the dry tek, you realize that it is so much more confortable to mix your MHRB with your solvent, then you don't need to wait and separate it, you don't have emulsions, you just poor the solvent out. And it's all food grade. I love it.

And ultimatly, ok it will create heat... but if i go step by step... is it any inconvenient? It's actually great, it's winter! and it will activate the extraction Razz
They sell this by 5kg to use in construction (i think to put on the wall as a high finition clay kind of)

Tend to forget I've posted here, hence the delay!

35 euro a kilo will be pharmaceutical grade... You should be able to find calcium hydroxide at an aquarium supplies outlet - maybe. I just wonder to what extent quicklime for wall plastering is likely to be food-grade. But at that price... hard to resist!

"dilimonene" - either "dipentene" (sometimes "depentene") or "limonene" Thumbs up

As mentioned in a preceding post, all you'll need is a paste that doesn't ooze water - "dry" teks aren't necessarily entirely dry!

Quote:
thanks that's helpful information. i will report my experiments as soon as possible. All material is being gathered

Hope things are proceeding nicely for you!

?Something like this: -

*slake lime
*acid soak bark
*combine lime paste and bark
*adjust consistency?
*pull with small aliquots of limonene multiple times until you get bored Big grin
*pull combined limonene with multiple aqueous acid washes? Or precipitate with FASA/CASA?
*evaporate aqueous extract
*rebasify with lime or sodium carbonate
*pull with acetone or IPA
*evaporate to yield crude freebase
*consider recrystallising from naphtha or heptane to reduce that smell of oranges a bit... ?

Or just mix bark with calcium oxide, put in pipe, add water and inhale Twisted Evil

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#2591 Posted : 11/12/2016 4:23:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

UltimateShame wrote:
Quote:
20g is a pretty small amount to be working with. And how can you be sure it was P. viridis? Also there is considerable variation in the alkaloid content of P. viridis leaves depending on the time of harvest and the conditions the plant has been subject to prior to the harvest. Dawn and dusk are peak alkaloid times, drought stress increases alkaloid levels. This was discussed on a thread round here somewhere (UTFSE).

Growing my own P. viridis and got a bag of fresh leaves from a vendor nearby. I harvest my leaves at dusk. He harvested them at dawn.

Quote:
Citric acid can cause particular problems with emulsions. How much tea did you end up with?

Ended up with about 500ml or so. No problems with emulsions though.

Quote:
Have you kept this naphtha?

Haven't kept the defat napthta. Could I have done something with it?

Quote:
More NaOH would help, pH 11-12 being better.

Could as well have been 11 or 12. PH stripes only went up to 10.

Quote:
More pulls would be better. Did you really only use a total of 30mL of naphtha? Was the naphtha warm?

Napthta was warm. Yes. Used 2x15ml. Did the same after letting it sit for a week. 2x15ml again. Same result, just less substance.

I know. 20g is not that much. But I've read, folks got around 200mg of Spice out of it. But however, got not a single usable mg out of it.

Largely it sounds as though you were just unlucky with your leaves, although you could certainly do a few more NPS pulls on an extraction in general. And seeing as you bought the leaves, you've still no assurance of identity. From what I gather, P. viridis can easily be confused with low-yielding P. carthaginensis or similar.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Psilosopher?
#2592 Posted : 11/14/2016 6:44:01 AM

Don't Panic

UltimateShame wrote:

An AB exctraction has been made with 20g finely shreddered dried Psychotria viridis leaves.

In my experience, leaves have pretty low alkaloid content. I got 50mg from 200g of Acacia obtusifolia leaves.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

PsyDuckmonkey
#2593 Posted : 11/23/2016 10:42:39 PM

witch

Speaking of Psychotria Viridis leaves versus shredded MHRB, I wonder if MHRB is worth the double price per gram if both are available...

The alkaloid content is given in a very wide range for both, and relatively similar in the maximum value. PV is not used a lot in extractions, I wonder if this has to do with problems in extracting the DMT (I wonder about that, I mean it DOES get into the Aya brew, no?), or just due to availability and community fads?

I can do a pressure cook phase, which I guess is good for getting the hard cells in leaves to break... What would you guys do? Pleased
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Psilosopher?
#2594 Posted : 11/23/2016 11:25:33 PM

Don't Panic

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
Speaking of Psychotria Viridis leaves versus shredded MHRB, I wonder if MHRB is worth the double price per gram if both are available...

The alkaloid content is given in a very wide range for both, and relatively similar in the maximum value. PV is not used a lot in extractions, I wonder if this has to do with problems in extracting the DMT (I wonder about that, I mean it DOES get into the Aya brew, no?), or just due to availability and community fads?

I can do a pressure cook phase, which I guess is good for getting the hard cells in leaves to break... What would you guys do? Pleased

With any species that i work with for the first time, i pulverise the plant material, microwave it and then do a standard A/B.

duku2012
#2595 Posted : 11/28/2016 7:48:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

I posted here recently and people were kind enough to answer my questions.

100g ACRBCool
Re: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ts&t=58064&p=12

I've finally got everything I need to attempt my first extraction. Everything but time!

I am wondering if I could break the process up?

I plan on allowing the acidic soup to sit for 4 hours in a heat bath. Agitating every 30 mins to prevent settling. My question is after the 4 hour heat bath can I leave the basic soup overnight and come back to it the next day to perform the Naptha pulls?

The process I intend to follow

Preparing Basic Soup

Step 1
Place in a 2000ml bottle
Allow to sit in a warm water bath for 4 hours

Can I leave it overnight and come
Back the next day? Re-heat for an hour and agitate then move onto step 2?

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4
Leave basic soup to cool

At this point can I leave it overnight?
Come back the next day. Re-heat for an hour or so and agitate to break up any settled bark and then add heated Naptha and pull?

Thanks,

Psilosopher?
#2596 Posted : 11/28/2016 8:34:53 PM

Don't Panic

duku2012 wrote:
Hey all,

I posted here recently and people were kind enough to answer my questions.

100g ACRBCool
Re: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ts&t=58064&p=12

I've finally got everything I need to attempt my first extraction. Everything but time!

I am wondering if I could break the process up?

I plan on allowing the acidic soup to sit for 4 hours in a heat bath. Agitating every 30 mins to prevent settling. My question is after the 4 hour heat bath can I leave the basic soup overnight and come back to it the next day to perform the Naptha pulls?

The process I intend to follow

Preparing Basic Soup

Step 1
Place in a 2000ml bottle

Can I leave it overnight and come
Back the next day? Re-heat for an hour and agitate then move onto step 2?

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4
Leave basic soup to cool

At this point can I leave it overnight?
Come back the next day. Re-heat for an hour or so and agitate to break up any settled bark and then add heated Naptha and pull?

Thanks,

You can leave the soup for weeks at a time.

duku2012
#2597 Posted : 11/28/2016 9:21:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!

duku2012
#2598 Posted : 12/3/2016 3:56:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I have just finished my first extraction and I didn't get very good results.

I would really appreciate some help!

The process I followed

I measured out 100g of finely powdered ACRB and put this into a 2000ml Erlenmeyer flask.
I added 500ml of distilled water and stirred the solution. It was still quite thick so I added an additional 200ml of distilled water. Stirred until a nice even consistency.
I then added 60ml of white distilled vinegar and stirred. I placed the flask into a large pot with hot water and stirred occasionally to avoid settling. I left this overnight, stirred again to break up the settled bark.

I checked the pH at this point with pH testing papers but found it difficult to read the results as the color of the bark was exact to pH 3
Then I dissolved 80mg of salt into 400ml of boiling distilled water. Added an additional 400ml to the saline solution. Then added this 800ml saline solution to the acidic soup.
Then I measured out 60g of lye and slowly added this to 300ml of distilled water. I have read the warnings on this forum about adding lye to water and although I was careful I was clearly not careful enough. The lye got extremely angry and started to boil. The lye water turned into a thick grey bubbling soup. (The pot I used to mix the Lye and distilled water had some lime scale from me boiling water previously. I'm wondering if this fueled the violent reaction. I added Lye to distilled water in later steps and the water was clear. Smelly but clear. Did this violent reaction + the lime scale ruin my extraction?) I probably should have thrown this grey mixture out but stupidly added this to my acidic soup. The reaction was so violent that it burnt 3 little holes in my pot and the bottom of the pot feels extremely thin and brittle.

The basic soup went almost black. I stirred this gently being careful not to cause aeration and once again placed in a large pot with hot water. I tested the pH once again but the black solution is the same color as 12.5/13 on the pH papers. I left it for 8+ hours. When I came back I stirred the solution again the break up the settled bark.
I then added 100ml of naphtha. I stirred the solution and waited 30+ minutes for the naphtha to separate. I pipetted out as much of the naphtha as I could without touching the black soup. I placed the naphtha in a mason jar and then repeated the process with 75ml, 75ml, 50ml, 50ml & a final pull of 50ml. 6 pulls in total. Towards the end of this process I noticed orange specs sitting at the top of the basic soup. I was careful not to collect them. Should I have tried to collect these orange specs? Slightly larger than grains of sand.

The naphtha was as clear as it was when I put it into the soup. I never warmed the naphtha before adding to the basic soup. I had left the naphtha in a mason jar to get to room temperature before mixing with basic soup.
I then placed 500ml of distilled water into a 1000ml Erlenmeyer flask. Added 60ml of white distilled vinegar and stirred.
I tested the pH and got it exactly at 3. (much easier to test clear liquid)
I then put all of my pulled naphtha into the 560ml acidic solution and gently rocked and swirled for 15 minutes. In Earth walkers tek it says to pipette or siphon out the naphtha and brown fatty liquid that sits animated in between the two layers and discard.
There was no brown fatty layer. In fact the naphtha was still perfectly clear. I could tell where the acidic water ended and the naphtha began but nothing color wise separated them.
I then dissolved 50g of Lye in 200ml of distilled water. I was EXTREMELY careful this time and had no violent reaction. The Lye calmly dissolved and I was left with crystal clear Lye water.
I added this 200ml Lye water to my 560ml acidic soup. The 760ml solution turned milky white straight away.

Tested the pH with pH testing papers and got a reading of about 13/14

I measured out 400ml of fresh naphtha and placed into a mason jar. I put the mason jar in another pot and added hot water. I let the naphtha jar sit in the hot water for a few minutes and then using a pipette added 100ml of hot naphtha to my 760ml lye solution.
I placed a rubber stopper in the top and turned the bottle end over end, occasionally removing the rubber stopper and letting the pressure escape. The naphtha went a beautiful yellow color and I thought I was on the right track. I let the naphtha fully separate and pipetted out into a new mason jar. I repeated this process using hot fresh naphtha until the 400ml of naphtha was all used and in the new mason jar.
I then left the mason jar open and placed on my window sill with a desk fan blowing across the jar. I could see noticeable ripples in the naphtha. I left the jar for about 6 hours and about half of the naphtha had evaporated. I could see something forming in the bottom of the jar.
After letting half of the naphtha evaporate I put the lid on the jar. Wrapped in cellophane wrap and placed into my freezer. I left the jar for exactly 12 hours. Should I have waited longer? There was a visible layer of what looked like ice or snow globe crystals on the bottom and sides of the jar.
I put a coffee filter into a new mason jar. Pulled my mason jar out of the freezer and quickly unwrapped. Poured the yellow naphtha through the coffee filter into the new mason jar and then turned the ice cold jar upside down on a towel to let any excess naphtha drain. I left it for a few minutes. There was nothing in the coffee filter

I placed the jar on its side with a desk fan blowing directly into it to evaporate any remaining naphtha. I left the fan blowing for about 40 minutes.

I knew the result wasn't going to be good but after about an hour of painstakingly scraping the mason jar I placed my product onto the scale and my heart sank when I saw it register 0.03g
I have kept everything from every step. I should have taken pictures at each stage. I have added additional water to each flask to assist me in pipetting the final amounts of naphtha but a small amount still remains. (I probably added too much water and now the lye / water solution is almost to the top of the flask.)

The Basic soup in 2000ml flask with orange specs. I had to use the flash on my camera to pick up the orange specs. Please ignore the flash in reflection.
The Lye water in 1000ml flask. A small amount of naphtha sits on top with milky specs.
I found it difficult to get at these small amounts of naphtha in both flasks without sucking up the soup / water underneath.

The final product certainly smelled like DMT. I packed a bowl and tried to smoke it but instead of turning to liquid and vaporizing like I'm used to, it turned black and ashy and tasted very much like plastic. There was no trip... not that I was expecting much from 0.03g
The Basic soup in 2000ml flask with orange specs. I had to use the flash on my camera to pick up the orange specs. Please ignore the flash in reflection.

The Lye water in 1000ml flask. A small amount of naphtha sits on top with milky specs.

Precip Jar before scraping

Final result

Equipment
100g of ACRB
2000ml Erlenmeyer Flask with rubber stopper
1000ml Erlenmeyer Flask with rubber stopper
Distilled Water
Anti-Splash goggles
Nitrile gloves
Dust mask
Serological pipette with pipette filler
Thermometer
4x Mason Jars
Naphtha
Lye
Salt
White Distilled Vinegar

TGO
#2599 Posted : 12/3/2016 4:42:02 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

duku2012 wrote:

Then I measured out 60g of lye and slowly added this to 300ml of distilled water. I have read the warnings on this forum about adding lye to water and although I was careful I was clearly not careful enough. The lye got extremely angry and started to boil. The lye water turned into a thick grey bubbling soup. (The pot I used to mix the Lye and distilled water had some lime scale from me boiling water previously. I'm wondering if this fueled the violent reaction. I added Lye to distilled water in later steps and the water was clear. Smelly but clear. Did this violent reaction + the lime scale ruin my extraction?) I probably should have thrown this grey mixture out but stupidly added this to my acidic soup. The reaction was so violent that it burnt 3 little holes in my pot and the bottom of the pot feels extremely thin and brittle.

Was the pot made out of aluminum? Lye reacts with aluminum creating different by-products and hydrogen gas. You do not want aluminum in your extraction. If you are going to mix lye and water, you should do it carefully in a stainless steel pot or borosilicate glass container.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

duku2012
#2600 Posted : 12/3/2016 4:47:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for responding.

I just checked... Yes the pot is made from aluminium. I never knew they reacted badly with each other.

The 2nd time I mixed Lye it was in one of the Ball mason jars. I just checked the packaging I couldn't see anything about borosilicate. Would it be alright to use this in the future?

«PREV128129130131132NEXT»