We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV122123124125126NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

imjohn56
#2461 Posted : 3/6/2016 7:53:06 PM

professional worrier

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

2headsARE1
#2462 Posted : 3/7/2016 12:51:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

imjohn56
#2463 Posted : 3/7/2016 1:26:09 AM

professional worrier

maybe not bad bark, but a mix of trunk or something, anyway i follow cybs hybrid salt tek, mostly... first i throw 100g powder in jar and like 50 ml of vinegar with around 2-300ml of spring water and let sit for an hour or so, stirring it every once in a while, making sure ph is about 3.5 or lower.

then i heat 3-400ml of spring water and saturate it with as much salt as i can (uniodized) and add it to about 1200ml of more water and add all that to my jar, and it comes to about 1800-2000 ml

next i do add my lye strait to my acrb stew, untill ph 12.5 or so, and ill use the heat from that to do my nahptha pulls. i'll roll and flip the jar gently for about 5 minutes or so letting it separate at least 5 times , and siphon it off nahptha was never cloudy when putting it in a dish until freezing, but heptane instantly does, if i use that to pull.

so next time i wont add the lye strait in.

do you think im also using to much water or is it fine? i just figured if i had the ph's good i was good to go to a point.

ph's are good correct? lol

2headsARE1
#2464 Posted : 3/8/2016 4:30:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

imjohn56
#2465 Posted : 3/8/2016 4:20:26 PM

professional worrier

i did use a double boiler this time to heat during my naptha pulls, but i didnt heat it during the acid step, but it did sit for about 4 hrs or so, the results are looking the same so far. im going to do a 50g batch next and follow it to the T, and quit rushing, bc youre right, lots of patience has to go into this teacher plant.

so next time. lol
less water,
freeze thaw 3x
heated and cooling during steps, i was always just scared of my jar breaking from heating.
quit rushing, i dont even know why i am lol....and follow the damn tek lol

thanks a lot for the help manThumbs up

2headsARE1
#2466 Posted : 3/9/2016 12:13:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CultiV8
#2467 Posted : 3/17/2016 8:29:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How much pure ascorbic acid is needed to convert 200ml H20 to pH 2-3?

I do not have a pH meter or strips Embarrased

thanks!

2headsARE1
#2468 Posted : 3/18/2016 12:14:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JohnIce2
#2469 Posted : 3/18/2016 1:49:14 AM

All posts are imaginary.

Hey so I was needing some help on this one. It is a mix of some old yopo extractions (using IPA) and a chali. pull I did off of some basified leaves. The mix was then evaporated. tastes like salt, but has another noticeable but indescribable taste to it. Any ideas on what I may have or how to raise my purity? I believe their may be some NaCl in their cause some of the pulls (I pulled the yopo solution from my waste jar which contains, Salt, IPA, Lime, Baking Soda, Vinegar (It is more acid than base in the final solution), and it has pulls from Yopo extractions, Chali extractions (of various met
hods), and a little bit of Rue but not much : Sorry for the parenthesis in parenthesis haha) and if so how do I remove it?

Edit: Ok so I can't upload the actual image for some reason. But here is the link to the thread I made asking about it. Their are some pics in their of what I'm asking about. Thanks!
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=69978&find=unread
JohnIce2 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1594.JPG (1,614kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

JDSalinger
#2470 Posted : 3/30/2016 6:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, low yeilds using earthwalkers tek. I did it using 200g of ACRB so doubled everything else. Wondering if that may of caused problems with yeild, cheers.
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

xa
#2471 Posted : 3/31/2016 3:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
I have a question,

What other solvent than naptha-like can make a freeze precipitation of dmt frebase ?

There are more eco/notoxic way to get crystal from an extraction ? or naptha and freeze precip is the only way ?

Thanks.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

herbster
#2472 Posted : 4/1/2016 12:23:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
Hi,
I have a question,

What other solvent than naptha-like can make a freeze precipitation of dmt frebase ?

There are more eco/notoxic way to get crystal from an extraction ? or naptha and freeze precip is the only way ?

Thanks.

I've just done a mhrb extraction using heptane , no noticeable drop in yield , lighter fluffier product that evaps much quicker than naphtha Smile

Hitchhiker
#2473 Posted : 4/4/2016 7:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello ladies and gents,

I don't have anyone around me to discuss these things with so I want to throw this post up here to see if anyone has anything for me.

I have been making my very first extraction attempt using ACRB following Cyb's Hybrid Salt Tek which I feel has been an utter disaster...except for the lessons I have learn from the mistakes...which I guess when I really look at them are invaluable.

To try and make this as short-n-sweet as possible: I was following the tek to the "T". Everything seemed to be going really well until I added the naphtha to begin my pulls. The naphtha separated almost instantly. I had all 4 mix/separations within 10 minutes. I figured something wasn't right at this point. Continued on with the show anyway. Naphtha pulls were yellow, I did not pre-evap at all and they went into the the freezer. I did 5 pulls in total. 18 hours later I pull them out, drain naphtha, and continue to evap with a fan. Once it was all said it done all 5 pulls yielded little to nothing. I think i was able to scrape up 100mg of golden goo.

I decided to start over. Frustrated, I dumped everything. Thumbs down

I took a little more time the second go around. Practiced some more patience and tried to pay extreme attention to detail. I ran back into the naphtha issue except this time they weren't AS fast to separate and I continued as before. I have removed the first two pulls out of the freezer. Still disappointed, but after scraping I have around 300mg of yellow goo (I will attach a photo). Still waiting on the rest of the fellas to finish freezing.

I have read many posts regarding ACRB and goo and with a good amount of those in very positive light although it seems like everyone is shooting for the white crystals. I was planning on making changa with it but to be honest..it still makes me nervous. Being my first time I can't help but feel that I've messed something up which is why I am posting this here and now.

Maybe that means I'm not quite ready? Or will I ever have the unquestionable confidence in my extracting ability the first time no matter how white and fluffy the crystals may be ( Although I'm sure it'd help Razz )

I was planning on taking this goo and running it though a Re-X or EW's clean up steps BUT as I'm cleaning up my kitchen I grab my turkey baster that I used for all my pulls and realize that it is PLASTIC! Which I immediately assume makes everything that I've done 'No Go Criteria' and needs to be trashed. So what I planned to do next doesn't even matter.

*sigh*

I feel like I'm back to square one again. I needed to get this out there for my own sake but any advice, stories, reassurance, or even some hard brutal honesty will be welcomed.

Cheers,
H.
Hitchhiker attached the following image(s):
IMG_0871.jpg (51kb) downloaded 132 time(s).

Spaced Out 2
#2474 Posted : 4/4/2016 9:32:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't give up, extracting is a learning adventure. Bark quality could be why you may not yield much, it's something you'll have to live with. Yield will vary wildly with acrb.

I don't think it will matter too much about the baster, you can get a new glass one if you're that worried about it, if you let it soak in solvent then that might not be good. More importantly is taking your time with the extraction. You didn't mention how much material you started with. You can do a re-xtal if you want but you will probably loose a lot of that goo, which is usually highly active.

If that's all you end up with then you can most definitely enhance some leaf or make some changa with it. Changa will likely give you the most bang for your buck. It also helps to evap some solvent before the freeze precip. Never throw anything away until you are absolutely sure you retrieved all the goodies.

And of course your non polar solvent is gonna separate from your base soup, you can mix it gently over a day (just to make sure you get majority), if you mix it too hard then you may get an emulsion, don't be in a hurry. Can even give it a heat bath to aid in the migration of dmt from soup to solvent but will give more goo most likely.

It's just part of the experience, learning to become effective and efficient at getting out all the good stuff. Hope some of this helps.

Peace

Hitchhiker
#2475 Posted : 4/4/2016 10:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
It's just part of the experience, learning to become effective and efficient at getting out all the good stuff. Hope some of this helps.

Thanks for those words SO. They helped out more than you know. I'm gonna see this attempt through to see how things turn out and for the practice. I'll post results incase other new members are having similar issues as me then I'll scrape myself up and get ready for round 3.

Thanks again,
H.

Koornut
#2476 Posted : 4/6/2016 8:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I'm at the final stage of an extraction, the freeze precipitation.
There is a milky cloud forming in the Shellite, is this common?
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Spaced Out 2
#2477 Posted : 4/6/2016 9:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, that's the goodies precipitating out of the solvent. After it settles, if it does, then the solvent should be pretty clear again. Looks like it might turn out more powder like rather than xtals. Which is fine. Other than that fine jobThumbs up

mazzazza
#2478 Posted : 4/10/2016 12:14:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

Swim has recently tried to do a dry tek extaction from mhrb using the q2121 dry tek.

He added probably way too much water to the mhrb and vinegar mix, and consequently didn't get any separation of limonene until he added a lot more lime than was suggested in the tek.

This then yielded a layer of clear yellow liquid that he assumed was the limonene.

However, after removing this liquid layer and adding vinegar,he found that the vinegar wouldnt seperate.also, after adding his second limonene pull, that just sits on top of the layer and doesn't mix.

He has since seperated the two layers again and frozen the jar with the yellow liquid to try and get it to seperate. This yielded a tiny ammount of clear limonene, which he siphoned off, but the clear yellow layer still won't seperate.

Has anyone else here come across this problem?

FYI this was done with 100g of mhrb. Swim is aware that he should havr followed the tek to the letter, and will do this next timw. Swim isn't that bothered about losing this batch and would primarily like to learn as much as possibe for next time.

However, if anyone on here has any info on how to proceed with this batch that would be great Smile

pitubo
#2479 Posted : 4/10/2016 12:54:19 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Just try it again, keep to the tek and stop swimming in the nexus waters.

urdi
#2480 Posted : 4/10/2016 6:14:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi

I have a question, maybe stupid.
Is there any reason why just putting acrb dust in non polar solvent for 24 hours or more wouldn't work?
Because I just did that and i'm wondering if i'll have to do A/B extraction after anyway or not.
Anyone?

«PREV122123124125126NEXT»