We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV121122123124125NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Dabsallday
#2441 Posted : 2/7/2016 7:40:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I am trying to a a/b on powdered ACRB... How is it done, I've looked everywhere and can not find it, plus, how do I strain it after my acid boils? I used a wight tee shirt, and after boiling and reducing, when I put it in my extraction container, there was ALOT of material and a slug like stuff on the bottom... Please anyone send me some answers.. Thank you, peace&light to all

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2442 Posted : 2/7/2016 7:56:57 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Dabsallday wrote:
So I am trying to a a/b on powdered ACRB... How is it done, I've looked everywhere and can not find it, plus, how do I strain it after my acid boils? I used a wight tee shirt, and after boiling and reducing, when I put it in my extraction container, there was ALOT of material and a slug like stuff on the bottom... Please anyone send me some answers.. Thank you, peace&light to all

Hi, there are all sorts of ways to perform an a/b extraction on ACRB. Have you browsed the WIKI? There is a section with every A/B tek (and every other tek) listed there.

Personally, I've found that the best tek for ACRB is Cyb's Tek with Earthwalker's cleanup steps added. I'll link that one for you below. If you do a bit of searching, you'll find what you are seeking.

ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly)

Good luck!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Dabsallday
#2443 Posted : 2/7/2016 10:16:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm more or less asking how to DEFAT, ... And thanks for responding

DansMaTete
#2444 Posted : 2/7/2016 10:43:29 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

The clean up step in the tek mentioned earlier is a way to defat. The defat is done at the end of the process and it is, imho, more effective and saves lots of solvant compared to a defat done at the begining of the process.

If you want to get rid of this slug, use a filter or let it decant and syphon. Be aware there probably still some alkaloids in it, one more boiling can be done. But you can process with the stuff still in it, this is how I would do.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Naabi
#2445 Posted : 2/16/2016 11:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!

I'm using Q21Q21's tek and at one point my jug fell on the floor. Fortunatelly it was closed and I didn't lose anything but the shaking made a horrible emulsion on my limonene, I couldn't separate it from the rest. After adding hot water the layers seem to have separated, but the problem is that I now have 3 layers, like the photo.
I believe the limonene is only on the middle layer, but I'm unsure if I should save the top layer (maybe there's limo on it?) or just work with the middle one. What do you guys think?

EDIT: What the...I got the middle layer out and added vinegar to salt out the dmt, problem is, the vinegar and limonene mixed and don't separate! They became one transparent layer...where is my limonene?! I don't want to waste solvent but I suppose I can evap this and still get dmt, I wish there was another way...
Naabi attached the following image(s):
20160216_085214.jpg (657kb) downloaded 211 time(s).

Tryptallmine
#2446 Posted : 2/16/2016 10:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dabsallday wrote:

There is no need to strain off the bark after acid soaks. Just do your acid soak (don't need to boil) for around 4 hours, then add your salt and base it for a further 4 hours. Keep it all warm in a heat bath at 40-50deg and then do your pulls. Look at EarthWalkers ACRB tek, it's excellent and very very easy to do. You can complete the whole thing in a day. No messy boils and straining but you'll end up with clean white spice at the end.

Quetzal7
#2447 Posted : 2/25/2016 8:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey
A little question, maybe someone can light me...

I did a Q21Q21 food grade dry tek on MHRB
I calculate there should be more spice - even after 5 pulls.

I would like to add Lye to it - is this a good idea?
As it's a dry tek, i want to add the lye direcly to the mud (MHRB + LIME ), but there's very few water there.... that's my worry

If i mix the lye with water first, it could easily fucked up the consistency, and become too muddy for a dry tek...
Anybody has insight or experience about that ?

BringsUsTogether
#2448 Posted : 2/26/2016 10:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:
Hey
A little question, maybe someone can light me...

I did a Q21Q21 food grade dry tek on MHRB
I calculate there should be more spice - even after 5 pulls.

I would like to add Lye to it - is this a good idea?
As it's a dry tek, i want to add the lye direcly to the mud (MHRB + LIME ), but there's very few water there.... that's my worry

If i mix the lye with water first, it could easily fucked up the consistency, and become too muddy for a dry tek...
Anybody has insight or experience about that ?

Well you can always evaporate water if you add too much. If it's already too dry, why not just put the lye in a bit of water and then add?

4-13-20
#2449 Posted : 3/2/2016 10:32:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all. I've done a handful of extractions before, with results ranging from yellow/orange goo on the first try to white powder most recently.

I'm using ACRB and following Cybs Hybrids ATB Salt Tek. Or more accurately, I was using that. Circumstances dictated that after I added my naptha, I found myself without ready access to a freezer. I stored the jar in a box in a garage for almost a year and actually forgot about it until I happened to need something from the same box and spotted it. I wasn't sure if after a year in a cold environment it would be fine still, but I put it in a heat bath at about 50 Celsius and rotated the jar to mix the NPS with the basic solution for an hour. After drawing the naptha off into a glass dish, I covered this with material to prevent dust and allowed it to evaporate down under a fan. Meanwhile I added some new naptha to the old mix for a second pull. Once the glass dish naptha was at room temperature, I sent it to the freezer and it sat there overnight; the results are that nothing has crystallised out (any advice here? Razz). More interestingly in a way is that the jar to which I added fresh naptha has developed crystals on the bottom of the naptha layer overnight (see image).

I haven't determined what the golden/orange flecks are - they appear to be fairly solid but I haven't separated them out.

So my questions are three:
1) Is this batch worth attempting to save? If so, the next questions are relevant; if not, I'll dispose of everything safely.
2) What would you suggest I do with what I thought was a saturated NPS in the freezer?
3) Any ideas what the white crystals and orange indeterminate solids are that appeared in my jar?

JDSalinger
#2450 Posted : 3/2/2016 1:29:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some questions after doing Earthwalkers tek, first why are multiple shellite pulls made instead of doing one with all the shellite? Also when preforming the shellite pulls the mixture is turned end to end for a minute then allowed to settle, then repeated, what exactly does allowing the shellite to separate in between mixes do??

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just want to understand the process better, thanks. Smile
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

2headsARE1
#2451 Posted : 3/2/2016 1:30:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete
#2452 Posted : 3/2/2016 1:45:07 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

The FAQ is your friend
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

JDSalinger
#2453 Posted : 3/3/2016 12:27:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:

Perfect, thanks Big grin
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

2headsARE1
#2454 Posted : 3/3/2016 5:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2
#2455 Posted : 3/3/2016 12:57:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Which tek did you use? After your initial basing you should have then redissolved the freebase in a bit of vinegar and water, filter again, then add your salt solution to the mix and then let it sit, depending on how much salt you added on what type of xtals form. You should perform this at least a few times if you want super pure xtals. Harmala Hcl doesn't shine under black light but the free base will. I didn't cool mine when I did one recently I just let it sit. I started with 200g and got 12g of clean Harmala freebase. And yes it's a pain to filter.
Spaced Out 2 attached the following image(s):
20160209_114241.jpg (8,246kb) downloaded 113 time(s).

2headsARE1
#2456 Posted : 3/3/2016 1:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2
#2457 Posted : 3/3/2016 2:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the tek I used too. I think the slower it cools the better the xtals. When the solution started to cool I started to notice them, but then again I forgot about it for awhile and didn't disturb it, so hard telling when they started forming. Looks a lot like fiberglass just like tek says. Really don't need to boil the hcl just heat it up hot and add the hot salt solution to it and then allow to cool on its own. After it cools there should be hcl xtals if all the other steps were done correctly and your seeds were good. How much free base did you start with? Pics of mine, hopefully in order. Initial free base, hcl, back to free base. I don't know why they are sideways, but that is a gallon pickle jar in first pic, that's how much free base there was at first until I did all the clean up stages.
Spaced Out 2 attached the following image(s):
20160205_172234.jpg (4,026kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
20160212_080232.jpg (4,274kb) downloaded 107 time(s).
20160217_140640.jpg (4,718kb) downloaded 106 time(s).

imjohn56
#2458 Posted : 3/4/2016 4:19:39 PM

professional worrier

hey everyone, I used cybs salt tek a few times with acrb, and each time I could barley get any spice to freeze precipitate out. they are cloudy when cold and put out a tiny amount . so i figured my root bark was just not very good.

Should I just salt it out with vinegar-water, base, and pull with heptane? and then try to freeze precipitate since its solubility is lower when cold?

2headsARE1
#2459 Posted : 3/5/2016 1:03:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

imjohn56
#2460 Posted : 3/6/2016 6:35:39 PM

professional worrier

I used about 50 ml of naptha each pull and I did evaporate half of my naptha ,because I put all my pulls in one dish. After evaporating and freezing, there's was about .3G from 100g bark. So I went ahead and salted what I had left and pulled it with heptane and got about .2 more of snowflakes. Still only about .5% yield wahhh

I also read pouring the lye directly in the acidified soup can damage the dmt , could this be a reason for the yeild? i'm going to add it to water first next time to see if my yield gets any better.

«PREV121122123124125NEXT»