We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV120121122123124NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

smaxzax
#2421 Posted : 1/10/2016 10:17:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2422 Posted : 1/10/2016 10:42:03 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

smaxzax wrote:
Kafka Tamura wrote:
OK, got it. Now it's crystal clear Thumbs up

Hi, this is my first post here (and sorry for digging up an old thread but didn't see the answer I was looking for) I just have one question... After filling the jam jar with All the pulls, can I poor into Pyrex dish then freeze? And if so should I put almost empty jam jar in freezer to see if any remaining xstals would appear from the slight naphtha left over?
Thanks !

Yes, pyrex is fine. This is a very common question by the way. Searching just a bit will allow you to find the answers you seek. You can put the jar in there too but it is likely unnecessary.

This post will likely be moved to the thread linked below which is where you may want to post questions next time, fyi:

official extraction help thread

Welcome to the Nexus!

Smile

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Bl@ster420
#2423 Posted : 1/11/2016 5:31:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hate to be "that guy" , but as I have ZERO experience aside from these 3 failures ,what exactly would I do?

I followed the tek I did because of its seemingly "me proof" ( I'm an idiot with this stuff , I'm a machinist by trade.)

I have two jars or suspected bunk MHRB/Lye/water and the thin layer of naphtha I couldn't pull up without having much suck up into it.
ALL HAIL CYB!!

concombres
#2424 Posted : 1/11/2016 1:30:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bl@ster420 wrote:
I hate to be "that guy" , but as I have ZERO experience aside from these 3 failures ,what exactly would I do?

I followed the tek I did because of its seemingly "me proof" ( I'm an idiot with this stuff , I'm a machinist by trade.)

I have two jars or suspected bunk MHRB/Lye/water and the thin layer of naphtha I couldn't pull up without having much suck up into it.

You could try using more naphtha to make the layer easier to separate without pull in in base soup. Shake/roll again a few times with the extra naphtha & pull until you cannot get anymore without basic sludge coming along. Repeat that with a nice thick layer of naphtha.
Combine all naphtha pulls, evap down to ~75ml then freeze precip.

Also, keep at it. Don't worry about failures at first. This is a new skill & I takes time to find good materials & get the process down & get comfortable.
Hell, my first extraction was a success & I had no clue. Was expecting big fat clear crystal shards to freeze precip & threw out probably a whole gram assuming it was lye because it was white powder.

Also, mimosa is very sketch within the u.s. anymore. It is so rare to come by now I wouldn`t be surprised to see mulch from a park passed off as mhrb due to supply being so low & demand being so high.

If this yeilds no DMT Maybe shop around for the best quality acacia you can find & stick with earthwalkers/cybs tek.

locojuiceman
#2425 Posted : 1/12/2016 9:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Way better than my first try, good job man...enjoy
Everything I say here happened in My own Imagination. The more fantastic it sounds, the more you can count on it being in the realm of Dreams,

locojuiceman
#2426 Posted : 1/12/2016 9:28:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First try? Thats awesome, it took me two, and by the third I had great success
Good job man!
Respect the Spice and Enjoy Cool
[[ Sorry for the double post, accidentally hit ''cancel' yet ... it did not cancel I see ]]
Everything I say here happened in My own Imagination. The more fantastic it sounds, the more you can count on it being in the realm of Dreams,

KingsBlade
#2427 Posted : 1/12/2016 10:28:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am about to attempt this tek and just had a couple questions.. is normal iodized salt ok to use or does it have to be de iodized?

Can a 2lter coke/sprite bottle handle the heating? Or should I find something else?.. this will be my first attempt at making this so if anyone else has tips or anything I'm all ears.. I have a 250g bag of acacia confusa I got. So I wanted to do 100g first as to if I mess up somehow I have extra...

KillaNoodles
#2428 Posted : 1/13/2016 4:08:58 AM

Stand Up For It

---
Disclaimer: All posts are to be considered fictitious. Author of account-posts is "Role Playing".

pitubo
#2429 Posted : 1/13/2016 2:19:15 PM

dysfunctional word machine

KingsBlade wrote:
I am about to attempt this tek and just had a couple questions..

What particular "this" tek?

KingsBlade wrote:
is normal iodized salt ok to use or does it have to be de iodized?

Probably ok, the amount of iodide added is tiny.

KingsBlade wrote:
Can a 2lter coke/sprite bottle handle the heating? Or should I find something else?..

Don't use plastics, especially not PET. This is discussed often here and mentioned in the "Health and Safety" page (linked at the top of every page) and in the FAQ (also linked at the top of every page).

Please make sure you have read at least the FAQ and the health and safety page before asking questions here or attempting any extractions. In addition, it is also advisable to read as many as you can of the "sticky" topics linked at the top of every subforum list. This may seem to cost some time, but in the end it does save you time being puzzled, asking (some times the wrong) questions, waiting for (not always useful) answers and messing up your extraction attempts.

KingsBlade wrote:
this will be my first attempt at making this so if anyone else has tips or anything I'm all ears.. I have a 250g bag of acacia confusa I got. So I wanted to do 100g first as to if I mess up somehow I have extra...

That is a good idea. In fact, maybe you should try it with 50 grams first and expect to get decent results only at your third attempt. Then do the remaing 100g.

ktz
#2430 Posted : 1/13/2016 10:58:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MOVED

it is normal that after several pull of ipa, sodium remains dark?
how many times I have to do it?
It's possible reuse the dark sodium many time so as not to waste the residue?

During the last evaporation of IPA i had some dark residuo on the bottom, it's safe mix it and use?

It's normal that this goo don't give me absolutely no visual?

Thank You!Wink

Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

downwardsfromzero
#2431 Posted : 1/14/2016 2:54:04 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ktz wrote:

During the last evaporation of IPA i had some dark residuo on the bottom, it's safe mix it and use?

Thank You!Wink

What??!!

Pull from what (made from what?), after doing what to it? More detail, please.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ktz
#2432 Posted : 1/14/2016 11:27:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
ktz wrote:

Thank You!Wink

What??!!

Pull from what (made from what?), after doing what to it? More detail, please.

Pull from Sodium Carbonate in the blab tek during the acetate conversion.
Disclaimer: Everything I say/write/post/think about is fiction. All said activities are intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Pentx
#2433 Posted : 1/15/2016 6:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Instead of using a sodium carbonate/water solution, Could it work if I Only wash my naphtha containing DMT on distilled water(indicate pH 9.0) only?

a1pha
#2434 Posted : 1/15/2016 6:13:16 PM
⨀

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Pentx wrote:
Instead of using a sodium carbonate/water solution, Could it work if I Only wash my naphtha containing DMT on distilled water(indicate pH 9.0) only?

The purpose of washing in a sodium carbonate solution is to neutralize any remaining basic material. If there is none then it is unnecessary. However, sodium carbonate is so abundant the bigger question is why would you deviate from the instructions?

If you cannot find any sodium carbonate then go get sodium bicarbonate (baking soda/powder) and bake in the oven at 250-degreesF for an hour or so and magically* transform your sodium bicarbonate into sodium carbonate.

Good luck.

*[of course by magic I mean science]
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Pentx
#2435 Posted : 1/16/2016 9:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Pentx wrote:

The purpose of washing in a sodium carbonate solution is to neutralize any remaining basic material. If there is none then it is unnecessary. However, sodium carbonate is so abundant the bigger question is why would you deviate from the instructions?

If you cannot find any sodium carbonate then go get sodium bicarbonate (baking soda/powder) and bake in the oven at 250-degreesF for an hour or so and magically* transform your sodium bicarbonate into sodium carbonate.

Good luck.

*[of course by magic I mean science]

So how I to know if my pulls have any remaining basic solution?

gamabunta
#2436 Posted : 1/21/2016 10:19:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello! I just performed my second extraction and everything seemed well but I have some doubts...

I am now with 3 glass cups, one of them is filled with the results of the first pull and the other two are filled with the results of the second, third and fourth pull.

The first one is already in freeze prep, but the other two I thought it would need an pre evap before I put then in the freezer, that's because they are for sure not saturated enough.

The thing is that it's been 13-14 hours since I left those two cups evaporating and It seems they arent really evaporating, they just stay the same... They are in my bathroom with the window open and with a paper towel on top of them.

Anyone now a better way to evaporate? I'm a bit afraid of using a fan, does it really help? Silica maybe?

Thank you all!

Tryptallmine
#2437 Posted : 1/21/2016 11:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gamabunta wrote:
Hello! I just performed my second extraction and everything seemed well but I have some doubts...

I am now with 3 glass cups, one of them is filled with the results of the first pull and the other two are filled with the results of the second, third and fourth pull.

The first one is already in freeze prep, but the other two I thought it would need an pre evap before I put then in the freezer, that's because they are for sure not saturated enough.

The thing is that it's been 13-14 hours since I left those two cups evaporating and It seems they arent really evaporating, they just stay the same... They are in my bathroom with the window open and with a paper towel on top of them.

Anyone now a better way to evaporate? I'm a bit afraid of using a fan, does it really help? Silica maybe?

Thank you all!

If you're afraid of using a fan? how are you going to smoalk dmt? Pleased

Use a fan. In future you can always combine all your pulls into one dish, evaporate the whole lot down until it's at a high saturation point. Place that dish in the freezer for 24 hours to give it the best amount of time to crystallize - try not to peek at it.

If you want bigger crystals vs small/powdery freebase then use the fridge instead of the freezer as it'll drop the temp at a slower rate. If you want nice big crystals then let the whole thing evaporate naturally in a cool dark spot.

By the way, what solvent did you use? Naphtha evaporates quickly compared to xylene for example but depending on the volume it could still take a day or two. If you evaporate naphtha with a fan you can reduce 200ml down to 100ml in about 20 or so minutes.

gamabunta
#2438 Posted : 1/22/2016 1:20:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine wrote:

If you're afraid of using a fan? how are you going to smoalk dmt? Pleased

Use a fan. In future you can always combine all your pulls into one dish, evaporate the whole lot down until it's at a high saturation point. Place that dish in the freezer for 24 hours to give it the best amount of time to crystallize - try not to peek at it.

If you want bigger crystals vs small/powdery freebase then use the fridge instead of the freezer as it'll drop the temp at a slower rate. If you want nice big crystals then let the whole thing evaporate naturally in a cool dark spot.

By the way, what solvent did you use? Naphtha evaporates quickly compared to xylene for example but depending on the volume it could still take a day or two. If you evaporate naphtha with a fan you can reduce 200ml down to 100ml in about 20 or so minutes.

I didn't mean that about the fan. It just didn't seem the best choice not to let the naphtha evaporate naturally, and I don't know if I read somewhere but I always had this negative feeling about using the fan to evaporate faster, don't know if I saw a post about this or something, anyways, It's probably a silly concern haha.

I will take note about combining all my pulls in one dish, it seems better. I just took of the first pull out of the freezer and it looks pretty good! White crystals with some yellow ones in the corner. (pic1 e pic2) Thinking about forgeting the re-x for this one

I moved the other two pulls that were evaporating to a wider dish, read that should evap better. It seems better but after a while the liquid seems more yellow and there are some yellow things in the bottom (pic 3)

I'm using naphtha as solvent, but as it was pretty hard to find any good solvents in here I had to go for the Zippo Premium Fluid.

pic1

pic2

pic3

downwardsfromzero
#2439 Posted : 1/22/2016 4:04:48 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Pentx wrote:

The sodium carbonate helps prevent losses by making the ionic strength of the wash solution higher, and ensuring the pH remains sufficiently high. A prudent practice.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

QuantumTraveler
#2440 Posted : 1/31/2016 4:16:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians,

After gathering all the materials and quite a lot of research on not only the steps but what the actual steps were preforming SWIM believes he's ready to preform Kash's Advanced LSA TEK. SWIM is substituting the HBWR seeds for HBMG seeds and wanted to know what was a good ratio between subing the two seeds. Also would the amount of acetone need to be increased?

«PREV120121122123124NEXT»