We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV115116117118119NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

wearepeople
#2321 Posted : 5/13/2015 10:51:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

decibel wrote:
How do you know if its burning, when it is dissolved in water?

Well, first it will get really thick, almost like a syrup. After that it can start burning. I usually stop reducing the liquid when I start seeing a "skin" develop on the surface. It's a fairly faint skin but that's usually a good indicator that it could burn soon.

wearepeople wrote:
p.p.s please don't use "SWIM" here.

I don't want to be rude or anything, but why not?
I'm deeply sorry if I crossed any line. Just following the dmt handbook, but with mhrb in stead of acacia.[/quote]

Using "Swim" just makes it difficult to read the posts. People originally used it as a form of "legal protection"...which likely wouldn't stand in court.

Ahhhhh, yes the DMT Handbook and the 2kg extraction. That's quite outdated now. We keep it around as a reference. Check out Cyb's Tek. It's easy to use and gives a very clear overview of the whole process. Typically smaller extractions have higher yields, has less risk in many regards, and if you mess up (burn the bark) you don't lose your whole stash of bark.

Best Wishes,
wap
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tseuq
#2322 Posted : 5/14/2015 6:09:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

offtopic (how can I delete this post?)
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

tseuq
#2323 Posted : 5/14/2015 6:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,

I am extracting according to earthwalkers ACRB tek but the amounts of the final product are always low (less than 1%). Due I am still trying to find the right proportions.

My current go just passed the clean up proces and is shown on the picture.

The final base appears just light white, because of that I guess, that there are again not many N,N-DMT alcaloids in it. The saturated naphtha which I collect from the ACRB mix is really cloudy. Thus I think I do something wrong in the mini A/B, but I don't know what. Confused

What do you think about this 2 bottles? The left one contains the pulls 1-4, the right one the pulls 5-7.

Love tseuq
tseuq attached the following image(s):
dmt.jpg (103kb) downloaded 307 time(s).

Sandgrease
#2324 Posted : 5/14/2015 7:25:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Doing a STB on powdered ACRB. 2000ml water, 200 grams lye, (possibly adding 100 grams salt and 200-400 grams ACRB and pulling with Hept to extraxt less oils and fats.

How much rootark can be used with those ratios? Trying to get as much Spice as possible. I've done 1500ml water,100 Gs lye and 150Gs root with good results but I want to scale up.

What's the nost rootbark one can use with 2000ml water and 200 Gs lye?

BreakonThrough1
#2325 Posted : 5/16/2015 11:43:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I want to introduce myself on this great DMT based forum.

My forum name is "BreakonThrough1" and i come from Holland, i registered this account in order to gain information and to have a little help with a problem i am stuck with, but first a little introduction/story from my side:

I came in touch with DMT while watching "DMT The Spirit Molecule" on Netflix and i after that i red the book of Dr. Rick Strassmann.

After that i got really inspired and was looking for a source for good grade DMT to try and experience the trip that people described as "a mind blowing" experience.
And with a little luck i was able to get some good grade DMT, 500 Mg which was enough to experience a couple of good tripsPleased

After receiving the DMT i tried a low dose at first and i felt a nice body high but didn't get closed/open eyes hallucinations.

"The body high feeling whas comparable with that what i earlier experienced on Mushrooms"

Highering the dose of DMT worked really well, i experienced my first DMT trip and it changed my life ever since...

I have never felt anything like that and i really liked the trip that i had!

Since that experience i was even more inspired and also looking for ways to make my own DMT for recreational use.

I searched on the internet and found/followed an extraction method from the following link:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mobile_posts&t=29116

Water - 16 ml.
MHRB - 1 Gram.
Lye - 1 Gram.
Naphta - 1 ml.

The Naphta that i use is called White Spirit, in Holland we dont have the Naptha that is often described in the forums as "Zippo lighter fluid"

I stirred the Mimosa Soup and Naphta with a magnetic stirrer for about 12 hours with a reasonable speed, but my magnettic stirrer doesn't have an hot plate option, it only stirs.

After that i took and separated the layer of Naptha out of the "Erlenmeyer 2 Liter" bottle and putted the Naphta "in a glass container" in the freezer for like a day.

Now comes the strange part...

After taking the Naphta out of the freezer i noticed i didn't have any crystals at all...?
At least not the beautiful crystals that i saw on several pictures.

I did noticed that some "stuff" was floating around in the NAPHTA, but that "stuff" dissapeared very fast.

I already have searched on the FAQ section in order to track this problem and i googled a lot, but i didn't found the solution to fix this problem i am stuck with right now.

Is there anybody on this forum who can help me with this strange problem?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

BreakonThrough1

PS: I hope i posted my question on the right placePleased

wearepeople
#2326 Posted : 5/17/2015 12:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BreakonThrough1 wrote:
Hello,
Water - 16 ml.
MHRB - 1 Gram.
Lye - 1 Gram.
Naphta - 1 ml.

1 gram MHRB? With MHRB 1%-2% yields are common:

1g * 0.01 = 0.01g or 10mg

That is a very small amount of DMT, probably not enough for you to see freeze precipitate.

Try using 50g MHRB and look for Cyb's salt TEK in the WIKI.
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

wearepeople
#2327 Posted : 5/17/2015 12:33:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:
What do you think about this 2 bottles? The left one contains the pulls 1-4, the right one the pulls 5-7.

What exactly are you asking?

I'm having a tough time understanding where you are with the extraction. From what I could piece together, you did a mini A/B and this is the base step? Or are those the pulls?

BreakonThrough1
#2328 Posted : 5/17/2015 10:18:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello wearepeople,

Those amounts were an unlucky example.

I used the amounts that "snuifduif" described in his extraction tutorial.

Here are the exact amounts i used for this extraction:

Water - 1600 ml.
MHRB - 100 Gram.
Lye - 100 Gram.
Naphta - 200 ml.

I don't really know which extraction this is, but i guess it should be an mini A/B extraction.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and communication.

I am at the step where i am ready to take pulls and freeze the Naptha for a day.

After freezing i get no crystals at all, it is very frustrating because i followed the tutorial perfectly.

Although something is wrong i guess...

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

wearepeople
#2329 Posted : 5/17/2015 10:58:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Breakon,

I see, hmmmmm....I'm unfamiliar with snuifduif's method. Do you have a link to it?

A couple of thoughts:

1) you might want to try evaporating some of the solvent before the freeze. That might help it saturate for precipitation.

2) You could take a portion of your solvent and evaporate it completely to see if you have anything at all. For example, take 50mL and evaporate it. You should have something.

3) You might have bad bark. Not root bark, different species completely, ect.

4) Did you save everything from your extraction? "spent bark"? base liquid?

Best wishes,
wap

BreakonThrough1
#2330 Posted : 5/18/2015 8:38:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello wearepeople,

It's the following link:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mobile_posts&t=29116

It is described in Dutch, but unfortunately i am not able to translate it, that's because it is an PDF file which i can't edit.

1/2: I will try to evaporate to see if there is anything left.

3: I got i from a good REMOVED , although i am not allowed to share this linkPleased

4: I saved the mimosa soup and i will not throw it away, i can always try another approach.

I will let you know what the result will be while i evaporate it.

Greetings BreakonThrough1

xx
#2331 Posted : 5/25/2015 2:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but it's a very green question!

Performing cybs max ion and wanting to re-x. Do I just mix up a base solution and add the dried out xtals and then commence hot naptha pull again? I'm assuming I do not want to salinate once again?

Would 40g of lye and 100ml of water be enough to make this base solution? I started with 250g of bark and stuck to the same volumes as the tek pdf. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Kajarookee
#2332 Posted : 5/26/2015 12:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all

Sorry if I should have used "New Topic" instead of "Reply" but first time I've posted in the FAQ sticky.

Currently in the process first two extractions ever with Q21Q21 A/B Tek 2 Fluffy White Funfest (https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Q21Q21%27s_Vinegar/Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek), but has got really poor yield after 3 pulls with extraction 1 (3rd pull has the least), and 2 pulls so far with extraction 2. First two pulls from Extraction 1 were weighed and it only amounts to 50mg of fairly white small crystals.

I'm wondering if perhaps the mush didn't have enough lime added to it (45g lime for 50g MH in Extraction 1, and 50g for 50g MH in Extraction 2) - both were left to basify for 11+ hours. Extraction 1 only acidified for 20 minutes, and Extraction 2 acidified for 4 hours.

Naptha was heated in hot water bath for 7-12 minutes (Extraction 2 was transferred half way
through to second hot water bath to try to keep temp constant). Pulls were all clear, bar one, which was a little milky. All pulls, bar one, were covered, all added to freezer and pretty much all naptha evaporated somewhere between 14-20 hours. Extraction 2 is currently looking as though it's going to yield the same amount as Extraction 1.

There are a few other things that may have gone wrong - is it worth trying to add some more lime to both extractions' mush before trying another pull? The current consistency is that of a thick paste. I'm unsure if adding more lime after pulls will adversely affect the mixture at all but have run out of ideas!

Thank you in advance Smile

stitch
#2333 Posted : 5/27/2015 12:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys SWIM is going to make an extraction in about 2 weeks.

SWIM has several questions before he starts so the chances of him screwing it up are minimized. (duuh)

The tek that caught his eye the most is q21s.

Despite Q21 describing it is easier for newbies like SWIM to try with naphta,he decided to take on the challenge and try the xylene/d-limonene tincture way.

Would this tek be efficient for extracting acacia? Are there any things SWIM shoud keep in mind since he would be using Acacia and not MHRB? SWIM chose this tek simply because of the idea of the jimjam mixture. From what he read on the net the expirience would be different in a better way off it. SWIM plans on smoking the end product in a J most likely.

Another question i want to ask is whether or not it is worth it to buy d-limonene and not xylene. Despite the annoying smell of xylene is there anything else i should worry about. (The price difference is significant where i am ( eastern europe)).

Thank you in advance fellow trippers.
The path is endless and fascinating, but those who know why they follow it, are never late.

tseuq
#2334 Posted : 5/28/2015 12:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,

I am still messing around with my ACRB low yields (~0.5%) and I don't know why. Please check my approach and help me to improve my yielding.

Basic mix
+ 50g ARCB in 1l bottle
+ add 300ml water + 50ml (5%) vinegar (PH 2) - swirl gently approx. every 30min-1h, 2h-3h heatingbath
+ add 40g salt to 200ml hot water and dilute it with additionally 200ml cold water, add the 400ml of saltwater to the ACRB-mix
+ add 40g NaOH to 200ml cold water and add it to the ACRB-mix (PH 12+) - swirl gently approx. every 30min-1h, 4-5h heatinbath
+ add approx. 50ml water to top the basified ACRB-mix
+ add 40ml fresh and hot naphtha to the ACRB-mix, swirl it, let it seperate in heatbath, reapeat swirling and seperation 2 more times, take pull
+ do 4-5 pulls

Clean up
+ add 300ml water + 50ml (5%) vinegar (PH 2) to 0.5l bottle
+ add saturated naphtha pulls to acidic water in 0.5l botte, swirl gently for approx.15min, pull naphtha
+ add 30g NaOH to 150ml cold water and add it to the acidic water
+ add approx. 30ml water to top the basified water
+ add 40ml fresh and hot naphtha to the basified water, swirl it, let it seperate in heatbath, reapeat swirling and seperation 2 more times, take pull
+ do 4-5 pulls in glass casserole, wrap and seal it, putthe casserole in freezer for 24h
+ pour naptha in container (can i reuse this naphtha?), let naphtha evaporate and crystalls dry, scrape & vape.

Thank you!

Love tseuq

tseuq
#2335 Posted : 5/29/2015 7:39:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:

+ add 300ml water + 50ml (5%) vinegar (PH 2) - swirl gently approx. every 30min-1h, 2h-3h heatingbath

Back again I just realized, that my PH-meter doesn't work accurate and the PH is at 4 and not at 2. Wut?

Love tseuq

Naabi
#2336 Posted : 6/2/2015 3:18:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all

I've tried some STB extractions with MHRB using sodium carbonate in the past weeks, but I'd get low yields so I decided to switch to an A/B method, specifically Q21Q21's vinegar tek.

100g MHRB was mixed with 100 ml of vinegar and 100 ml of hot water, I let that sit for a little over an hour and started the basification. 120g of sodium carbonate were diluted in about 50 ml of water +/- and were slowly added to the mix. 250 ml of d-limonene were then added and the jar was left for the past 2 days under my kitchen counter.

Tonight I separated the d-limonene layer and added vinegar, mixed it well, and to my surprise the vinegar came out clear! Even on my STB extractions I'd get at least a cloudy vinegar layer but nothing this time...do I need to further increase the ph? What else should I do?

AdventSingularity
#2337 Posted : 6/16/2015 1:13:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So after my last terrible attempt at the Q2121 Lime/Vinegar tek (the Limonene tek), I decided to give it another go. This is what I ended up with after evaporating my vinegar acid wash at 90*C for several hours. Bowl is held over foil for contrast.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction now. I want to say the orange substance at the rim of the bowl is jungle spice, but having never gotten results like this before I can't say for sure.

What has me baffled is the brown/black chunks which almost look charred. The consistency is somewhat powdery as well. Anyone have any ideas as to what this is, and where I should go from here?

BongWizard
#2338 Posted : 6/16/2015 7:15:23 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

If all went well, it should be DMT acetate and the water soluble tannins.

Dissolve in warm water, base the solution and extract with nonpolar.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

brilliantlydim
#2339 Posted : 6/25/2015 12:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I have been lurking around the nexus for a while, and final decided its time to try some spice. I want to extract my own and recently tried a spice extraction using EW's ACRB tek here ---> https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=58064

I followed it exactly yet ended up with a very, very, very small amount of product. The ACRB that I found has been well reviewed and I have been assured that there is more spice in dem hills. I have read through a lot of different teks, focusing mainly on the ones that are working with ACRB and I am wondering if anyone had success only AFTER modifying this tek.

1. Is it worth doing a defatting after the initial A/B to make it easier to extract more spice?

2. My product is finely powdered, should I attempt a tek that requires boiling during the A/B , filtering and reducing? I am hesitant to do this as I am under the impression most alks don't withstand heat well, also I would like to stay away from teks where I need to filter out that fine powder.

I would really like to hear any suggestions you folks may have for "stubborn" ACRB.

Also how does this product Recochem camping fuel look for a naphtha NPS? Here is the MSDS, as far as I see it looks like pure light naphtha but I am not an expert at reading these MSD's. I used Ronsonol lighter fluid for my first attempt, but found this stuff after and its a lot more cost effective.

Thanks for the help. I was kind of bummed about not extracting enough for a hit, but the whole process is kind of fun and I was still excited to see I was able to extract something.

Back fingers
#2340 Posted : 6/26/2015 2:35:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quick question and thought, let me know if my heads on straight: I just did thick lights acrb tek on a 125 grams of powdered bark. I filtered the bark and discarded solids before basifyimg, was this not needed? Also I noticed when the warm water bath I had my vessel in for the pulls got a little to warm, like after adding a kettle of hot water, I noticed the np got a little yellowish. my thought was maybe some goo related substances are more happy to jump to the np if it's too warm, sound correct? Also I noticed thick light mentioned that the crystals that precip at room temp tend to be more pure than the freeze precip crystals. My thought was, why not do multiple pulls and get all the crystals that precip at room temp first and then reduce the np and do more pulls until you don't get any room temp crystals, then move on to freeze precip, wouldn't that theoretically lead to higher quantity a of clean crystals and save any and all gooey pulls till the very end. It may take a little longer. Anyway I'm not very chemistry Savy but this just occurred to me, I'm gonna try it out, I have another 125 left. Will report back in a while. But for now, any thoughts? Am I thinking right or am I confused?

«PREV115116117118119NEXT»