We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV112113114115116NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Winemaker
#2261 Posted : 12/2/2014 6:38:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Rael3554 wrote:
I was just wondering why i have to make a supersaturated NaCl solution in the A/B extraction tek (ACRB), if someone knows the reason please post

This is because of one member (Can't remember who off the top of my head) who is an actual chemist. He was trying different things to increase yield and decrease work.

The salt-saturated solution, in a nutshell, helps push out the spice into the NPS.

Instead of 6-7 pulls to ensure you get everything, 2-4 pulls is the most you'll ever do if you saturate with salt (and get a good rock salt (I heard Kosher salt and coarse salt work well) that doesn't have iodine. The community is unsure of the effects of iodized salt from what I read, but better to avoid possible issues altogether).

So basically the salt makes the process easier and faster. Efficiency bruh!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MystiCat
#2262 Posted : 12/5/2014 10:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, just wondering, a couple weeks ago I only pulled about 90 mg's from an extraction of 50 g's and I think it may be because I did not heat adequately, if I heat my naptha nice and hot and reheat the basic soup will the dmt still be in there if heat was my problem, or will the lye have somehow screwed it up by now?

DansMaTete
#2263 Posted : 12/5/2014 10:51:00 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

It's still there.
If you don't want to pull to much fat don't overheat, you should be able to touch it w/o burning (40 to 50°C is perfect IME).

Good luck
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Elijah Phoenix
#2264 Posted : 12/19/2014 9:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I used heavenly persuits mescalito tek and did a couple of saltings with hcl solution (32% @ 1 drop per 100ml) which yielded about 85mg, per pull, of alks. I stepped up the hcl solution to match the tek requisite (10 drops of %32 hcl per 100 ml of distilled water) and seemingly have more cyrstals and such on the plate. I have yet to scrape it up because I'm worried there's still hcl on the plate after I've evaporated two times now (each time for about an hour), but it still has a citric smell unlike limonene and I'm concerned safety wise. I will most likely evaporate more to try to remove that smell. Do you think, given the circumstances, that there would be unevaporated hcl still on my pie plate or am I smelling the alks mixed with the limonene after reacting to hcl?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

DansMaTete
#2265 Posted : 12/20/2014 11:35:33 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Cl should evap but it can be trapped in xtals => you should scrap your xtals, powderize them and let them in air flow until no more smell. Extra step after that : you can also re-dissolve them in water and re-evap, then you're sure there is no more HCL in it.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

DreaMTripper
#2266 Posted : 12/21/2014 9:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MystiCat wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering, a couple weeks ago I only pulled about 90 mg's from an extraction of 50 g's and I think it may be because I did not heat adequately, if I heat my naptha nice and hot and reheat the basic soup will the dmt still be in there if heat was my problem, or will the lye have somehow screwed it up by now?

No need to heat the soup just the NPS. Lye wont have destroyed the dmt, what shape is the vessel? Wide vessels arent effective they need much more NPS. How much soup is there?

MystiCat
#2267 Posted : 12/21/2014 9:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's in a mason jar, and it has a very wide mouth. Quick question, where to buy a glass syringe locally?

a1pha
#2268 Posted : 12/21/2014 10:10:07 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

MystiCat wrote:
Quick question, where to buy a glass syringe locally?

MysiCat, please stop with the questions a quick Google search will solve.

As stated in another thread, you need to learn how to fish instead of having us give it to you. Looking over your posts I see a trend of asking us to spoon feed you. This is not good. Simple questions like where to find basic supplies or how to execute a basic tek is not the purpose of this forum.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

OneStepBeyond
#2269 Posted : 12/21/2014 11:57:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi. For my first extraction I tried the following tek...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=58064

With 100g of ACRB. I didn't have a method of measuring ph, but I followed the directions carefully and I ended up with probably about 1/4 of the expected amount of product. It is possible that I had some poor quality bark.

The main thing I was wondering about was, during the mini A/B when I was mixing the naptha pulls with the acidified water, the 2 would not mix at all. They would slosh around each other, but even with some moderate shaking, the would not mix at all. This doesn't sound like what is expected according to the tek.

Has anyone tried this before and do you have any ideas? I would have posted this question in the thread that the tek is in, but I can only post in the Welcome section at this time.

Thanks.

Update: Never mind, I figured it out. I shook the heck out of it and it mixed up pretty well and still separated with no emulsions.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

seasonsintheabyss
#2270 Posted : 1/5/2015 6:30:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

edit: nevermind, oddly enough right after I posted this a friend of a friend who has experience working with mimosa offered to help me.

FunkyMilkshake
#2271 Posted : 1/10/2015 11:27:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends, I've been pretty successful with earthwalkers tek and wanted to explore freebase to fumarate conversions.

Dissolved 1000mg of DMT into 50 ml Acetone
I attempted to dissolve 309mg of Fumaric Acid into another 50ml of Acetone yet the acid didn't really dissolve no matter how much I stirred

After combining the two solutions into a tray and evaporating the solvent I am left with a yellow precipitate that smells like DMT. Thinking that I goofed somewhere I attempted to dissolve the dmt back into some heated naptha. The crystals aren't dissolving but have a yellow color, could this be because I used yellow naptha and I actually have dmt fumarate as opposed to the freebase?

Earthwalker
#2272 Posted : 1/11/2015 3:54:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Hi. For my first extraction I tried the following tek...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=58064

With 100g of ACRB. I didn't have a method of measuring ph, but I followed the directions carefully and I ended up with probably about 1/4 of the expected amount of product. It is possible that I had some poor quality bark.

The main thing I was wondering about was, during the mini A/B when I was mixing the naptha pulls with the acidified water, the 2 would not mix at all. They would slosh around each other, but even with some moderate shaking, the would not mix at all. This doesn't sound like what is expected according to the tek.

Has anyone tried this before and do you have any ideas? I would have posted this question in the thread that the tek is in, but I can only post in the Welcome section at this time.

Thanks.

Update: Never mind, I figured it out. I shook the heck out of it and it mixed up pretty well and still separated with no emulsions.

Well I don't no why so many ppl are having problems following this technic ,, it's plainly written and shows a simpler method in the link to cybs 50g hybrid salt Tek for newbies , it can't be any simpler , it really does boggle the mind at how ppl get this so wrong ,, when you mix oil and water it doesn't mix it's the same princable here, it's mixed gently in what ever fashion you see fit just so all parts of both layers touch , there's no need to shake the be-jesus out of it because that does cause an emoltion , anyway I'm glad it worked out for you OneStepBeyond ....

OneStepBeyond
#2273 Posted : 1/11/2015 4:15:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:

Well I don't no why so many ppl are having problems following this technic ,, it's plainly written and shows a simpler method in the link to cybs 50g hybrid salt Tek for newbies , it can't be any simpler , it really does boggle the mind at how ppl get this so wrong ,, when you mix oil and water it doesn't mix it's the same princable here, it's mixed gently in what ever fashion you see fit just so all parts of both layers touch , there's no need to shake the be-jesus out of it because that does cause an emoltion , anyway I'm glad it worked out for you OneStepBeyond ....

I've used this tek again since then and it worked better the second time around. I think I'll just chalk my earlier problems up to inexperience and bad bark. It's a great tek you put together and the technique seems to create some very clean spice (that's why I tried it a second time with different bark) but even with the best instructions, doing something in real life can have it's own challenges. Thanks again for the tek and the advice.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Earthwalker
#2274 Posted : 1/11/2015 5:18:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:

I've used this tek again since then and it worked better the second time around. I think I'll just chalk my earlier problems up to inexperience and bad bark. It's a great tek you put together and the technique seems to create some very clean spice (that's why I tried it a second time with different bark) but even with the best instructions, doing something in real life can have it's own challenges. Thanks again for the tek and the advice.

I'm sorry if it came across abrupt and brash but truly I try so hard to explain something to people that haven't done it before , I just seem to feel guilty in away because its my Tek that ppl try and have trouble with certain procedures and I take it to heart when they fail as I think we'll maybe if I explained it better maybe they wouldn't of failed , but I tried to simplify it again and well see how that goes ,, Thumbs up

fatherseb
#2275 Posted : 1/24/2015 4:11:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
Swim did his first extraction using cybs 50g hybrid salt Tek with 50 g MHRB.
Everything worked out as expected, exept the yield after pulling. I ended up with only about 50 mg of white crystals/yellow oily stuff after the first three pulls. All chemicals were high quality. I used Petrolehter for pulling. Acid soak was overnight at warm temperature. Basifying was at least 2 hrs before the first Pull. NPS was warm for pulling. Everything was done exactly as described in the tek.
My only guess is the real poor quality of the root bark. Any other suggestions of what could have gone wrong? Sorry to bother with this. Definetly no big think. Just disappointment after all the preparation and the reading to finaly get there....

Thank You so much!

Earthwalker
#2276 Posted : 1/24/2015 5:17:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fatherseb wrote:
Hi,
Swim did his first extraction using cybs 50g hybrid salt Tek with 50 g MHRB.
Everything worked out as expected, exept the yield after pulling. I ended up with only about 50 mg of white crystals/yellow oily stuff after the first three pulls. All chemicals were high quality. I used Petrolehter for pulling. Acid soak was overnight at warm temperature. Basifying was at least 2 hrs before the first Pull. NPS was warm for pulling. Everything was done exactly as described in the tek.
My only guess is the real poor quality of the root bark. Any other suggestions of what could have gone wrong? Sorry to bother with this. Definetly no big think. Just disappointment after all the preparation and the reading to finaly get there....

Thank You so much!

Hi from what I can tell Petrolehter translation to English is either besting or vm&p naphtha so its not the solvent , I also know the feeling of the frustration at falier , but just go back over what you did and if you seem to of followed the Tek correctly its highly probable you're bark is of very low quality ... So try another batch and go from there my freind good luck Thumbs up

fatherseb
#2277 Posted : 1/24/2015 7:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you.
Will do one more long pull with the petrolether.
Working in a lab I have access to some more nps. Will probanly try the hexane next to see if there is a difference.

I thiink it is the bark, as there is no way to lose the compound during the process. Unfortunately I can only purchase it in low quanities at a very high prize. Anyhow. Its just the beginning. Cant wait to give it a try. I really love the smell of the final product.

fatherseb
#2278 Posted : 1/29/2015 5:55:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Me again.
Right now, the yield is about 150 mg. I keep on pulling, and there are still crystals forming (25mg/per 50 ml naphata pull) in every pull.
I guess I have to improve my technique for pulling, I just wonder why there is not more disovling in the naphta if there is still some more spice left in the basified solution. I let at least separate for 4 times per pull and try to shake effectively. Any ideas how to increase the yield per pull? Do you heat only the naphta or both parts?
Thanks again for your help!

tydel24
#2279 Posted : 1/30/2015 12:55:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How big is your vessell.? I found out recently large jugs wont work as well as smaller ones. The whole jug can be kept in a warm bath and i always add a lil extra heat to my nps. When i used mimosa i just used marsofolds tek. But the salt probably works just as good i suppose.

Earthwalker
#2280 Posted : 1/30/2015 3:02:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salt

«PREV112113114115116NEXT»