We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV111112113114115NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

endlessness
#2241 Posted : 11/12/2014 12:16:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can do a quick wash of the limonene with a small amount of sodium carbonate solution. But since mescaline freebase is slightly soluble in water, I'd keep the wash water stored just in case the yield is low, to try to re-extract from the wash water if so.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

licketyswig
#2242 Posted : 11/12/2014 3:05:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome! Is there a reason to use sodium carbonate instead of lye? Other than the fact that it's safer and cheaper?

Winemaker
#2243 Posted : 11/12/2014 8:16:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Basically the carb wash is to keep the washing water based (so your goodies are not/less soluble in it) while also ensuring that any residual lye or other contaminants can be rinsed out in the water while leaving the goodies in the solvent.

So basically it's safer. And if you're trying to get out base contaminants then you may as well use something that's less toxic. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK sodium carb isn't toxic in small amounts, unlike lye?)

Winemaker
#2244 Posted : 11/12/2014 8:17:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Majakal wrote:

I cant help but use this window space to say that this is very quality advice. Although my friend says he prefers to skip intitial defat and go with the mini a/b at the end, and that it seems to work quite well for him.

Thanks haha, I do try sometimes ^_^

onyxdreamer
#2245 Posted : 11/17/2014 2:54:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Recently I followed Q21Q21's Tek 1 (Jim Jam Party)
Using ACRB, Lime, and d-limonene as solvent.

The first few pulls came out great; slightly reddish brownish goo;
my 5th pull came out odd...

The first 3 pulls I evaporated to freebase after salting with vinegar
right after I got the dmt-acetate; it all came out the exact same.

The 4th pull I saved the dmt-acetate and combined it with my 5th pull's acetate;
and then I evaporated it. That time instead of the normal goo
I had been seeing which reminded me of red BHO; just stickier and slightly
more, "liquidy"? The 4th and 5th pull upon evaporation came out looking
like, quite literally, strawberry jam. The exact same consistency as jam!
What happened there? I'm just curious from a scientific standpoint
rather than a real concern for the product; I simply re-dissolved it in vinegar
then re-evaporated it in 2 seperate steel pots instead of 1 steel pot.

I did not evaporate fast, that is for sure. The stove goes from Low, 1-9, then High.
It was set on 4 in the beginning when there was a lot to evap, then when it got considerably lower it was reduced to 2.5 and left there until scrape time. Took me almost an hour to evaporate it fully, and even after It looks fully dissolved I like to leave it on low for a little while to help it out.

Would it be better if I put it in a pyrex dish and evaporated on lowest oven setting?

mfxae86
#2246 Posted : 11/18/2014 5:04:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, how we doing ? im a long time listener first time caller, lol.

im finding very small amounts of spice forming (roughly 100mg out of the 1st pull of 200g acacia obtusifolia) on freeze precipitation of the nap but it melts away when fan dried. all im left with is a foggy dish that if you scrape gives you a black oil on the razor. Anyone else experience this before ? can it be defeated ?

this is the particulars of the process used (in the "extraction reports" area)

used tek

I ceased the process when I hit this wall on the first pull, I have now been adapting my pulls in progress across to Earthwalker’s tek and will see how that goes, but any help is greatly appreciated the less I waste materials the better, lol.
changing the world one mind at a time

endlessness
#2247 Posted : 11/18/2014 6:27:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check the FAQ Smile

mfxae86
#2248 Posted : 11/18/2014 11:08:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Check the FAQ Smile

yeah tried that and a forum search but cant find anything on the specific issue as in zero yeild even though there are formations. I also figured that with all the tech people out here i could get a trouble shoot happening with someone with experience in this issue.

What I have done is allowed the Nap to thaw and used the same Nap to do "another pull" on the same batch that I "salted" between this and the last pull. I then did another mini AB and used less Nap (60ml)to pull from that and freeze. I just checked it and the formations are much larger in surface area. Thats great but if its melts again a third time over im going to smack my head against a wall, lol.

I wil let you guys know how it goes tomoz

Elijah Phoenix
#2249 Posted : 11/18/2014 11:18:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking for help with acetone safety; specifically I will be working with HeavenlyPersuit's mescalito extraction tek and want to work safely with acetone.

I realize the following: I will need to make the acetone anhydrous and store as such. I will need to work with cleaning the full spectrum sacrament alkaloids with probably about a ml of anhydrous acetone (I assume) at a time. My concerns are regarding the high flammability of this solvent and sources of ignition which include a gas stove, a furnace that heats the home, and static electricity.

Is working in the kitchen unsafe, or any other part of the house for that matter? How is this normally and safely approached?

Can I safely store anyhdrous acetone in a mason jar w/ lid in the garage?

How do you recommend the used acetone be disposed? Right down the toilet?

I have a garage that I can use, I am concerned about all possible sources of ignition (its winter time practically; thinking about static elec, residual vapor, etc.)

Also, how would could one address an acetone ignition? These are really important questions that I want to fully understand answers to before beginning.

Thanks for taking a look at these questions, I'm willing to read anything you throw at me, I've checked the MSDS and I understand how flammable this stuff is, thus my quest for safety. I also did a simple search here but didn't turn up too much.

Winemaker
#2250 Posted : 11/18/2014 5:12:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mfxae86 wrote:
endlessness wrote:
Check the FAQ Smile

yeah tried that and a forum search but cant find anything on the specific issue as in zero yeild even though there are formations. I also figured that with all the tech people out here i could get a trouble shoot happening with someone with experience in this issue.

What I have done is allowed the Nap to thaw and used the same Nap to do "another pull" on the same batch that I "salted" between this and the last pull. I then did another mini AB and used less Nap (60ml)to pull from that and freeze. I just checked it and the formations are much larger in surface area. Thats great but if its melts again a third time over im going to smack my head against a wall, lol.

I would reccomend taking your precip dish and draining it entirely in the freezer. The issue may be that atmospheric water is condensing on your dish when you fan-dry it too, depending on humidity where you live.

But yeah if you've got formations, let the dish drain in the freezer. So pour it off without pouring any bits out. It may take a pour/wait/pour/wait approach if there's lots of loose bits at the bottom, but they should sink so it just takes patience. Then once you've got most of the naps out, then let the dish sit upside-down at an angle in the freezer.

Since you're having problems, let it sit for a couple hours.

My friend did this except he was impatient and only had one precip dish and was cycling two portions of NPS, so he needed to get the dish empty-ish as fast as possible. So he took a spoon (it was a small round pyrex) and left it in the freezer for a few minutes. Then he took the spoon and scraped up as much goodies as possible into one pile. He then let that drain off for a few minutes/hour. One issue is when in xtal form, it can hold a decent amount of naptha between matrices. So breaking the matrices by scraping will allow more out.

Anywhoo. After the scraped pile doesn't look very wet anymore, scoop it out and plop it onto another glass surface and grab a tool. My buddy used a sewing needle. He broke the pile into multiple pieces (it's wet, so it's kind of like dealing with dough). And as he did this he blew on it. If you have a room-temp dish that you drop the pile onto, condensation shouldn't be such a problem. But yeah break it apart, keep blowing on it, and you should see the residual solvent evapping. Roll the pile together again, roll it to a dry section of glass and repeat. Eventually the pile will be getting harder, at which point you just break it up and let it sit for a while. It shouldn't melt at this point so just go about your day and you'll come back to some nice snowballs. Not xtally after this procedure, but still good.

dooblizz
#2251 Posted : 11/18/2014 5:18:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fixed.

humblebee
#2252 Posted : 11/18/2014 11:43:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh my **** ing GAWD! Im an idiot! I'm so bummed! I went to re crystallize 2+g, I put 60 ml naptha and spice in a small mason jar, added the jar to hot water and the jar broke! Now the spice and naptha are floating in a glass saucepan of water! Ugh, I should have let it cool, I thought canning jars could take heat. Is there anything I can do to retrieve the goods? I know it was stupid, but please help!

Update: I'm calming down, naptha separates from water when shaken, I'll siphon off and freeze. Right? Or reheat (gently), cool slowly?
Ugh!
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

1ce
#2253 Posted : 11/19/2014 2:12:37 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

humblebee wrote:
Oh my **** ing GAWD! Im an idiot! I'm so bummed! I went to re crystallize 2+g, I put 60 ml naptha and spice in a small mason jar, added the jar to hot water and the jar broke! Now the spice and naptha are floating in a glass saucepan of water! Ugh, I should have let it cool, I thought canning jars could take heat. Is there anything I can do to retrieve the goods? I know it was stupid, but please help!

Update: I'm calming down, naptha separates from water when shaken, I'll siphon off and freeze. Right? Or reheat (gently), cool slowly?
Ugh!

Hmm.. well, I don't think this is a huge ordeal. Siphon off the naptha, DMT is not particularly soluble in water. Did you have the jar sealed? Rapidly expanding solvent vapors might have been the culprit to your situation.

If you are heating naptha I highly recomend not sealing it in a glass container.

I usually heatbath my recrystalizing solvent. Put your spice in, add a small amount of naptha to cover the spice, then just a hair more. Heat the jar over the hot water but do not submerge it any deeper than the naptha. You will see some of your spice dissolve into the naptha. You may have to add more naptha, but be very conservative about doing this. Just keep heating/dissolving until all your spice is dissolved.

Periodically swirl the jar gently, and avoid sealing it while it is being heated.

humblebee
#2254 Posted : 11/19/2014 2:28:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks1ce, I siphoned, and put in freezer a couple of hrs ago, it was super cloudy. The naptha is clear now and lots of crystals on bottom and sides. I'm sure I lost quite a bit, won't know how much till I weigh. Should I wait overnight or filter now and re-x again?

It wasn't sealed, water was too hot I think and the jar was cool, not fridge cold but I was outdoors and it was around 50f. The water just stopped boiling, I didn't research enough. When I do re crystallize I'll follow your explanation.
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

1ce
#2255 Posted : 11/19/2014 3:48:54 AM

I'd leave it for a full day, your yield will be slightly better if you give it more time.

mfxae86
#2256 Posted : 11/19/2014 12:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Winemaker wrote:
mfxae86 wrote:
endlessness wrote:
Check the FAQ Smile

I would reccomend taking your precip dish and draining it entirely in the freezer. The issue may be that atmospheric water is condensing on your dish when you fan-dry it too, depending on humidity where you live.

But yeah if you've got formations, let the dish drain in the freezer. So pour it off without pouring any bits out. It may take a pour/wait/pour/wait approach if there's lots of loose bits at the bottom, but they should sink so it just takes patience. Then once you've got most of the naps out, then let the dish sit upside-down at an angle in the freezer.

Since you're having problems, let it sit for a couple hours.

My friend did this except he was impatient and only had one precip dish and was cycling two portions of NPS, so he needed to get the dish empty-ish as fast as possible. So he took a spoon (it was a small round pyrex) and left it in the freezer for a few minutes. Then he took the spoon and scraped up as much goodies as possible into one pile. He then let that drain off for a few minutes/hour. One issue is when in xtal form, it can hold a decent amount of naptha between matrices. So breaking the matrices by scraping will allow more out.

Anywhoo. After the scraped pile doesn't look very wet anymore, scoop it out and plop it onto another glass surface and grab a tool. My buddy used a sewing needle. He broke the pile into multiple pieces (it's wet, so it's kind of like dealing with dough). And as he did this he blew on it. If you have a room-temp dish that you drop the pile onto, condensation shouldn't be such a problem. But yeah break it apart, keep blowing on it, and you should see the residual solvent evapping. Roll the pile together again, roll it to a dry section of glass and repeat. Eventually the pile will be getting harder, at which point you just break it up and let it sit for a while. It shouldn't melt at this point so just go about your day and you'll come back to some nice snowballs. Not xtally after this procedure, but still good.

thanks mate will give that a spin and let you know how it goes Smile

1ce
#2257 Posted : 11/19/2014 6:43:16 PM

humblebee wrote:
Thanks1ce, I siphoned, and put in freezer a couple of hrs ago, it was super cloudy. The naptha is clear now and lots of crystals on bottom and sides. I'm sure I lost quite a bit, won't know how much till I weigh. Should I wait overnight or filter now and re-x again?

It wasn't sealed, water was too hot I think and the jar was cool, not fridge cold but I was outdoors and it was around 50f. The water just stopped boiling, I didn't research enough. When I do re crystallize I'll follow your explanation.

My personal vote is to just leave it be for a day. The crystals at the bottom will help collect other crystals dropping out of the solvent.

mfxae86
#2258 Posted : 11/25/2014 1:35:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so just updating on my situation, i ended up just leaving my evap dish for another day and did a scrape the foggyness and it looked liked used toilet paper to be honest, lol. I worked it all into a little ball 6mg and set it aside. clearly something went wrong...

After salting my soups and continuing the process i have succeeded in gathering some decent clean white spice that is yet to be trialed. im refining my process and it has improved quite a bit, so thank you to those who helped me out. even though i am exhausting my material im still gathering spice which is promising and im sure my next yield will be far greater. once again thank you all Smile

morwen
#2259 Posted : 11/26/2014 12:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello! I have a very basic question. I have a little caapi resin extract, but I'm not sure how to use it properly Embarrased Also, I wonder if there is a way to combine free base dmt and caapi resin extract for a smooth, beginner level experience? Thanks in advance Smile

Rael3554
#2260 Posted : 12/1/2014 9:35:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was just wondering why i have to make a supersaturated NaCl solution in the A/B extraction tek (ACRB), if someone knows the reason please post

«PREV111112113114115NEXT»