We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV110111112113114NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Absalom
#2221 Posted : 11/5/2014 11:10:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to move the alkaloids from one NPS to another without re-x'ing? The NPS I have now has a waaaay to high boiling point and it's impossible to evaporate it. =\

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Earthwalker
#2222 Posted : 11/5/2014 11:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absalom wrote:
Is it possible to move the alkaloids from one NPS to another without re-x'ing? The NPS I have now has a waaaay to high boiling point and it's impossible to evaporate it. =\

You can move them but you have to backsalt !!
It's just a simple mini AB !!

Absalom
#2223 Posted : 11/5/2014 11:50:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Absalom wrote:

Sweet!! Do you know about what ratios to use? Should it be relative to the amount of NPS or the amount of alkaloids? I guess it should be relative to the alkaloids, but since you cant know how much alkaloids you have you have to compare to the NPS, no?

Earthwalker
#2224 Posted : 11/5/2014 1:08:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absalom wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:
Absalom wrote:

Sweet!! Do you know about what ratios to use? Should it be relative to the amount of NPS or the amount of alkaloids? I guess it should be relative to the alkaloids, but since you cant know how much alkaloids you have you have to compare to the NPS, no?

No it doesn't matter , just add alkaloid naps to an acidic water mix and seperate then discard old naps as the alkaloids are in the water then basify water add new naps the repull !!Thumbs up

Absalom
#2225 Posted : 11/5/2014 3:56:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:
Absalom wrote:

No it doesn't matter , just add alkaloid naps to an acidic water mix and seperate then discard old naps as the alkaloids are in the water then basify water add new naps the repull !!Thumbs up

That is amazing. It's amazing how easy it is to handle these molecules!

Another question. After a freeze prescript I end up with yellow sludge. When I pour this throgh a coffee filter it gets stuck inside the filter and as a thin thin layer on it that I can't extract. What am I doing wrong??

Winemaker
#2226 Posted : 11/6/2014 7:09:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd add to earthwalker's comment on backsalting. Just to be sure you have everything, do two rinses. It uses more material but it guarantees you're getting everything. This also depends on how much spice is in the NPS. But yeah give it a few good shakes and swirls and then repeat. Emulsion is a good thing in this stage, because it greatly increases surface area.

As for the slime - that's plant fats/nmt/dmt/b-carbolines. I would actually reccomend first that you evap the NPS so it's saturated. Then do the freeze. After 24-48 hours, slowly pour out the nps. You can use a filter, but in all likelihood almost everything in the solvent will have fallen to the bottom.

So basically pour out the NPS, let the dish sit on an angle in the freezer a little longer, pour that out too. Then set it upside down on an angle in the freezer once there's only a little bit of NPS left. That'll allow the rest of the NPS to run off.

Leave it for a while, maybe even an hour or two (overnight would be even better) and then pull out the dish and have a fan blow on it to evap what NPS is left. Depending on how much slime you have this may take a while, as well as some stirring of the slime.

Eventually you should end up with something resembling earwax. Make sure it doesn't smell like solvent before bio-assay, so keep stirring and blowing on it.

EDIT: to add to this, the slime has been reported by many to be good and active. If you wish to purify expect to lose a lot of that volume, because you'll be pulling out everything except the spice. Don't fret about the 'goo' though. It's reported to be very good in most cases.

CatPower
#2227 Posted : 11/7/2014 4:37:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, long time listener, first time caller!

So I have a problem retrieving my crystals from my first extraction. I used only 16.8 g MHRB and followed Noman's tek to the "T". Problem is that I basically lost my first pull after the crystals melted and I didn't know what to do. Now I did a second and third pull and have a bunch of tiny crystals (I mean tiny - around or less than a millimeter) sitting at the bottom of a small mason jar in the freezer.

As you all know, mason jar bottoms are curved, and the top may be too small to give my hand room to work. I'm also worried the crystals will just melt again. So how do I get these crystals out of the jar?

Thanks for all your help!

3rdI
#2228 Posted : 11/7/2014 4:41:49 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hello CatPower

do a serch for the melting crystals issue, its been covered many times before so it should be an easy find.

i use a spoon to remove magic from jars, it works well for me
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

shineonyoucrazy
#2229 Posted : 11/9/2014 10:53:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys how you all doing? Just wanted to stop in and say I finally had a huge success! GOT HOLD OF mhrb, and all i can say is wow. Did cybs salt tek with 50g of mrhb, and ended up with a large vial of white and yellow crystals that I crushed and blended. I can't explain everything that happened, cause words could do it no justice when I tried it. First took a small taste, and had the beautiful kaleidoscope visions with both eyes opened and closed (seemed much much more powerful than my goo did from the acasia), but then came the real show on the second attempt. Feeling fairly comfortable I loaded more on after settling down. After a long draw I could feel this wasn't going to be like the last. As I pulled that last bit in all I could see was the flame from the lighter surrounded by bright patterns, and then I exhaled.... boom blast off. Total detachment from my body and surroundings like I just shot into nothingness. I can't even put words to what happened, then I came to just a bit. Let me stress the JUST a bit part lol. I managed to stand up but that just was insane. I tried to find my bedroom since I had started on the couch, but couldn't find the bedroom in a two bedroom apartment. I made it into the kitchen and it seemed as I was looking at a children's play set. It became pretty overwhelming and I came to believe that either I was dead or asleep out somewhere in between because my body was non-existent so I did the only thing that made any sort of sense to me at the time. I laid on the floor and just gave in.if this was death,I had no control.if it was a dream I had no control either. I came to the point of surrender and instantly felt like I was shoot back inching closer to reality. Wow it was the most confusing, yet enlightening feeling in the world. It felt like I walked the line of life and death, reality and nothingness. Mind blown

1ce
#2230 Posted : 11/10/2014 8:29:28 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Endlessness posted here
About yuremamine separation.

I couldn't reply to the thread so I'll do it here.

I have columns. how can I help?

concombres
#2231 Posted : 11/10/2014 2:02:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shineonyoucrazy wrote:
Hey guys how you all doing? Just wanted to stop in and say I finally had a huge success! *** **** ** mhrb, and all i can say is wow. Did cybs salt tek with 50g of mrhb, and ended up with a large vial of white and yellow crystals that I crushed and blended. I can't explain everything that happened, cause words could do it no justice when I tried it. First took a small taste, and had the beautiful kaleidoscope visions with both eyes opened and closed (seemed much much more powerful than my goo did from the acasia), but then came the real show on the second attempt. Feeling fairly comfortable I loaded more on after settling down. After a long draw I could feel this wasn't going to be like the last. As I pulled that last bit in all I could see was the flame from the lighter surrounded by bright patterns, and then I exhaled.... boom blast off. Total detachment from my body and surroundings like I just shot into nothingness. I can't even put words to what happened, then I came to just a bit. Let me stress the JUST a bit part lol. I managed to stand up but that just was insane. I tried to find my bedroom since I had started on the couch, but couldn't find the bedroom in a two bedroom apartment. I made it into the kitchen and it seemed as I was looking at a children's play set. It became pretty overwhelming and I came to believe that either I was dead or asleep out somewhere in between because my body was non-existent so I did the only thing that made any sort of sense to me at the time. I laid on the floor and just gave in.if this was death,I had no control.if it was a dream I had no control either. I came to the point of surrender and instantly felt like I was shoot back inching closer to reality. Wow it was the most confusing, yet enlightening feeling in the world. It felt like I walked the line of life and death, reality and nothingness. Mind blown

Congrats on a successful extraction Big grin

EDIT MADE BY MODERATOR

Majakal
#2232 Posted : 11/10/2014 7:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CatPower wrote:
Hey all, long time listener, first time caller!

So I have a problem retrieving my crystals from my first extraction. I used only 16.8 g MHRB and followed Noman's tek to the "T". Problem is that I basically lost my first pull after the crystals melted and I didn't know what to do. Now I did a second and third pull and have a bunch of tiny crystals (I mean tiny - around or less than a millimeter) sitting at the bottom of a small mason jar in the freezer.

As you all know, mason jar bottoms are curved, and the top may be too small to give my hand room to work. I'm also worried the crystals will just melt again. So how do I get these crystals out of the jar?

Thanks for all your help!

Your best bet is to order some scalpels. They are cheap, less than 10 bucks for a box of 10 disposables. Be sure to get the ones with the rounded blade. As far as the melting aspect goes, always be sure to put the container upside down on a paper towel to let the excess solvent drain. But if most of your crystals are not stuck to the surface, this might not be the best thing for you to do. If they are good and stuck to the glass, but they are melting too quickly, due to their small size, keep the jar upside down in the freezer to let the excess solvent run out onto the paper towel, and then immediately get the jar in front of a fan to dry them before they dissolve again. Another thing you could try is to just evaporate the solvent. Warm the jar of solvent with ur crystals in it using a hot water bath (place jar in hot water) until all crystals are dissolved. Pour the now saturated solvent into a (preferably) flat and shallow glass dish. What matters here is surface area. But any glass container will do, but youll want something that will allow for easy scraping. Put the container with solvent in front of a fan until its all completely dry. Always smell for residual solvent before trying anything out, and make sure its in a properly ventilated area. You may or may not end up with some crystals with evap, but regardless of the form it takes, it will be active.
All of my posts are merely a fantasy fiction.
I like to pretend, and take my trolling to the most tangible levels possible.
Any activities that I claim to partake in, are not things that I have actually done, or that I will ever do.

Mach 10 at sudden speed.
I am a spaceship. I have high mileage. Mild wear and tear. Well maintained. Food or b.o. Will deliver.

Majakal
#2233 Posted : 11/11/2014 12:51:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure where to post this, so please no backlash, but I have a few questions regarding a/b extraction.
Disclaimer: I dont want to take away from the op's topic and/or diminish any response or help they may have gotten. In other words, im not trying to deviate attention away from the op and their problem/solution.
Anyway, a friend of mine is doing his third standard a/b with a new batch of powdered ACRB. Standard = vinegar water/naphtha/lye. He was wondering if there was a specific amount of time he should wait after basifying before doing his pulls. Some guides say to use the exothermal reaction from the addition of lye to do warm nap pulls, but he feels like it may be more appropriate to wait for the reaction to complete to the fullest, then shake/stir and add nap for pulls. He uses a hot water bath to ensure a temp of around 105f, or close to 40c, when doing pulls. He basically just wants to know if its ok to proceed immediately after basification or if hed be better off waitng an hour or two and then warming up and proceeding. Also, when doing sodium bicarb wash, how much should he use? He thinks there should be no lye, but likes to be sure. Previously he had only used a "dash" in the water used to wash. Would this be enough concentration of sodium bicarb to convert any residual lye? Would using too much result in end product contamination? Any help is greatly appreciated. I did a few searches and only found old threads talking about using sodium carbonate as a base for extraction, and so I thought it would be ok for me to post this here. If it is not, I apologize in advance.
Any activities that I claim to partake in, are not things that I have actually done, or that I will ever do.

Mach 10 at sudden speed.
I am a spaceship. I have high mileage. Mild wear and tear. Well maintained. Food or b.o. Will deliver.

Majakal
#2234 Posted : 11/11/2014 2:56:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sbc1 wrote:
Dreamtoday to be honest your just gonna complicate things when you start using sand and that just follow the tek, get a pan boil the kettle put the boiling water in the pan, put your glassware in, when it cools just top up, that's all you have to do

A good thing to do for your hot water bath (dont even need a double boiler) is to create a thick cradle with tin foil at the bottom of whatever pot is large enough to hold the container you wish to heat up, fill it with water, and put it on a hot plate. You can use a stove, but if you are warming up anything flammable abosultely do not do this. You shouldnt have flammable solvents anywhere near a flame or spark. I would think an electric stovetop would be ok, but I cant say with 100% certainty. Hot plates are cheap online. And they are nice to have. So, in summary, the tin foil cradle is to keep the jar or whatever you are heating up away from the heat source and higher temperatures of the bottom and sides of pot. My friend says it works like a charm. Warms things up relatively equally, and slowly.

Mach 10 at sudden speed.

arrepiofjv
#2235 Posted : 11/11/2014 3:07:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hey guys, i evaporated the Nafta and the result is this...

but, where is the crystals ? Sad

1ce
#2236 Posted : 11/11/2014 4:15:52 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Who needs crystals when you have a white squiggely thing?

DrWalrus
#2237 Posted : 11/11/2014 4:51:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arrepiofjv wrote:
hey guys, i evaporated the Nafta and the result is this...

but, where is the crystals ? Sad

Are you unhappy with the result arrepiofjv?

I love goo. Do you?

Majakal
#2238 Posted : 11/11/2014 5:31:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shineonyoucrazy wrote:
So I did cybs 50g acrb salt tek, and still ended up with goo. Not complaining cause it was some amazing goo that sent me to an amazingly beautiful place and had a wonderful euphoric/restorative feeling Smile just wondering what this could be caused by? I followed the tek to the t. I used 50g of Hawaiian acrb, sunnsyside brand naptha, sea salt (non iodized) and distilled white vinegar. I'm wondering if instead of trying the freeze precipitation, would it help to let it all just evaporate giving time for the crystals to form? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day,night, or experience depending on where you all are in the universe Pleased

My friend says that if you're solvent in good and saturated, you can leave it out at room temperature for 12 - 24 hours. Whatever precipitates out at room temperature is usually quite pure, you can build very pretty structures this way. He says he isnt experienced with small amounts such as 50g of bark, but imagines that so long as the solvent is good and saturated it will work. You shouldnt need more than 50ml of nap for said amount of bark. And even that seems slightly excessive for one pull. Of course, you can always evap until it is saturated.

Mach 10 at sudden speed.

Majakal
#2239 Posted : 11/11/2014 6:19:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Winemaker wrote:
GreatWhiteNorth wrote:
DO NOT ATTEMPT - This extraction is a thought experiment only, for review, to elicit comments and correct the author's mistakes.

1000G of Fresh A.Confusa powdered root bark is the source material.

1. 5000 ML of Distilled Water will be Added to 1K (1000G) of Powdered Bark and swilred until mixed. This will then be frozen, thawed in a 50C water bath, re-frozen, thawed, frozen and then thawed at room temp over night.

2. To this mixture 400-600ML Vinegar will be added until a PH of 2.5-3 is reached (checked with PH Tester). This will then be sat in a 50C Hot Water Bath for 1.5 Hrs, swirled gently every 15 minutes.

3. DE-FAT: 200ML of Naptha will be will be added to this mixture, and again swirled gently, and allowed to separate. The Naptha will then be removed, and discarded.

4. 80 MG of NON-Ionized Salt will be then disolved in 400ml of hot water, and added to 600ml of cold water. This will then be added to the kept Acidic Water Mixture.(6000ML)

5. BASIFY: 5G per 100ML of Lye (300G), added in 25MG increments every 2 minutes. This will then be placed in a Hot Water Bath for 2 hrs @ 50C, burped and swirled gently as needed, then allowed to cool to room temp.

6. 150ML Naptha warmed in a Hot Water Bath to 50C will then be added, and mixed for 1 minute, burping as needed. This will then be allowed to separate. After separation, swirled gently for 1 minute, and repeated one more time.

7. The Naptha will then be removed and placed in a separate container. Another 150ML will be added and the process repeated 4-6 times and added to the other pulls. Water will then be discarded.

8. DE-FAT: 750ML of PH 2.5 - 3.0 water will be placed in a new container. Saved Naptha pulls will be added to this solution and swirled gently. Naptha is siphoned and either discarded, or saved for future use.

9. 50G of Lye is added to 300 ML OF Water, and added to the 750ML from above step. This too will be swirled gently a few times over the course of a few minutes and allowed to separate.

10. 75-100ML Naptha warmed in a Hot Water Bath to 50C will then be added, and mixed for 1 minute, burping as needed. This will then be allowed to separate. After separation, swirled gently for 1 minute, and repeated one more time, then siphoned into a pyrex bowl.

11. Another 75-100ML Naptha will be added and the process repeated above.

12. Another 50-75ML Naptha will be added and the process repeated above, 4 to 5 times.

13. Naptha will be exposed to forced air until 1/2 of Naptha is evaporated, then bowl covered with cling film and put into freezer for 12-18 hrs.

14. Dish will be tilted on side, until remaining naptha is poured off, then foreced air will be run for a couple of hours.

15. Success?

DO NOT ATTEMPT.

Again, SAFETY is ALWAYS FIRST, and this is but a thought experiment, with mistakes most likely.

Please - any comments, corrections, or neccesary changes to procedure would be appreciated.

So you're looking for corrections in method, I assume?

For the freezing, I'd say use a minimal amount of water, just enough to turn the stuff into a paste. Less volume would make it easier to work with, and minimize chances of exploding a vessel in the freezer.

I'd reccommend with that much material, stir some pure ascorbic acid (probably a few hefty tablespoons, get it at a local vitamin store. It also helps with dropping the pH) into your acid mixture when you've got it all in there. That converts any oxides into straight salted spice, ensuring you get everything out.

Once you've soaked the stuff for a while, definitely strain it out with a tshirt or bandana, and consider another acid soak to ensure you've got everything. Usually this is done with boiling for efficiency and to make it happen faster, but is likely not totally necessary. Straining the material minimizes emulsions caused by particulate matter. Alternatively let the stuff settle after stirring and decant the liquid and keep solids in the vessel for further washing, but still filter it with some sort of cloth material to get the majority of solids out.

For the defatting, you can gently swirl, but there's no reason not to emulsify it by shaking it up roughly. Emulsions greatly increase surface area between the solvent and solution, but you just have to let it sit a bit before removing solvent is all. If you've strained it well, the emulsions shouldn't stick around too long anyway.

Do the defat a few times too. ACRB has a lot of fats. Also, for an interesting experience, you could just evap all the fatty solvent and you're going to have some goodies in there, although not spice (B-Carbolines and NMT, both soluble in NPS in both acid and based solutions)

For the salting, I'd say base it first and then salt the crap out of it. No need to be precise, just pour a lot of salt in there. It'll take a bit to dissolve if you're using rock salt (usually the cleanest you can get, no anti-caking agents, etc) but the more salt you have the faster and more saturated the pulls really. Pour it in until the salt refuses to dissolve further. It will mean less work and less pulls being done, so that's why I say load it on in.

For the based pulls, once again, if you've strained the material, and it's based enough, then you should be able to shake it, although your vessel has to be completely leak-proof to do this. Shaking is optional compared to stirring or swirling, but it's what my friends have done with good success. Also, I wouldn't discard the water until you're sure it's empty, so just keep that in mind. It isn't a pain to keep a vessel around a couple extra days, which you may want to do if your pulls for some reason don't work.

Easy rule is don't throw anything out until you're sure the process worked.

With those considerations (along with the mini a/b, which I would reccommend saturating with salt as well after basing) it should work out. Although I'd almost reccommend doing a small batch to make sure your process is perfect first.

The rest of it looks good, although I'll suggest that when extracting from based solution that you should extract until nothing is getting pulled anymore. For such a large volume, maybe use larger amounts of NPS than listed, but that's only in the name of efficiency.

And as always, safety first. Be very very cautious if you decide to shake the vessels. That's why I mentioned a proper seal. Getting either the acid or based solution in your eyes will hurt like hell and quite possibly make you blind. If it gets on skin, wash it immediately and neutralizing based solution with vinegar isn't a bad idea, although a thorough rinse with tap water should do it.

Hope this helps.

I cant help but use this window space to say that this is very quality advice. Although my friend says he prefers to skip intitial defat and go with the mini a/b at the end, and that it seems to work quite well for him.

Mach 10 at sudden speed.

licketyswig
#2240 Posted : 11/12/2014 12:10:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to clean mescaline-containing d-limonene with some lye water to clean out any undesirable junk?

I know that some of the basic solution definitely got into the limo, and I didn't think a cotton ball would filter that out.

«PREV110111112113114NEXT»