We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV108109110111112NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Earthwalker
#2181 Posted : 10/23/2014 9:05:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shineonyoucrazy wrote:
Thanks earthwalker and cyb, I re-read the tek over and over and then over a few more time after that lol. Don't know what exactly went wrong, but I'm putting it on the back burner for the moment and will try working with it after I let it sit awhile. I did however in my reading catch that wonderful little 50 gram salt tek from cyb that was linked through the 100g tutorial. As fate would have it I had just over 50 grams of acrb left Very happy so I decided to put them to good use. I have a large precip dish in the freezer with some very milky looking naptha chilling. Everything looks spot on. Really really excited to see what kind of goodies come of it. Might not of been what I was trying to find, but I sure am glad it found me!

Yes that link I think is the original Cyb salt TEK ! It's a beauty Thumbs up
Also even do that TEK a few times to get a hold of the process then tackle the mini ab with ACRB , you won't even need to look at a TEK ( recipe ) within no time ! Great work shineonyoucrazy Big grin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

decibel
#2182 Posted : 10/23/2014 1:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys
My last extraction has made me wonder, if the colorization of a solvent is equivalent to the saturation level of alkaloids?

My knowledge on chemistry is not much, but I would like to think that when everything has precipitated out of the solvent, it will become clear once again, as it was before the pulls.

E.g. the solvent I have discarded (and kept in a new container) after precipitating, has a quite dim orange color. Does this means it's still rich on alkaloids or do the alkaloids simply color the solvent at contact? Confused

Winemaker
#2183 Posted : 10/23/2014 5:34:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd say not entirely. Remember that the NPS will pull fats and other non-spice goodies. They may be present in trace amounts in the solvent still.

If you're really worried about it, wait until you're done with the precipping and are basically done the project. Then take the leftover NPS (always wise not to toss until you're sure it worked!) and throw it into a vessel with vinegar. It's really hard to tell if you're actually pulling anything out, but any discolouration/fogging of the vinegar is a good sign.

But yeah mix that up really really well. Mix and let sit maybe 5-10 times, with more being optimal. This ensures that you've removed all the spice by backsalting.

Then take the vinegar mix, use sodium carbonate (VERY SLOWLY ADD IT - this can potentially turn into a repeat of that grade 5 volcano experiment haha) to bring the mixture up to a more neutral pH. It'll be around 7 when it stops bubbling. Pop in another spoonful just to be sure, then use lye to fully base it.

Besides saving on lye expenditure, the nice thing about doing it this way is because nothing precipitates in solution with the sodium carb, but if there's any amount of spice in the vinegar mix, it will immediately cloud the solution when a spoonful of lye is added.

decibel
#2184 Posted : 10/23/2014 8:06:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Winemaker wrote:
I'd say not entirely. Remember that the NPS will pull fats and other non-spice goodies. They may be present in trace amounts in the solvent still.

[...]

Besides saving on lye expenditure, the nice thing about doing it this way is because nothing precipitates in solution with the sodium carb, but if there's any amount of spice in the vinegar mix, it will immediately cloud the solution when a spoonful of lye is added.

Yeah, I am planning to salt it, and see if somethings left Pleased Cool tip with the lye though! Very useful! Thumbs up

But I'm still a bit confused by the colored naphtha.. Lets say, that the color remains the same after I salt - or that I simply don't salt it.. Is my colored naphtha to any good use in my next extraction if its full of fats and other particles? Does the color mean anything I should think of? Like will it be able to pull as many g/ml as when it was clear, and stuff like that? Or am I making a huge number of something thats not worth the headache? Embarrased

anrchy
#2185 Posted : 10/23/2014 8:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't worry about it.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Winemaker
#2186 Posted : 10/23/2014 8:12:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the compliment haha.

You can reuse the naptha, definitely. Some people I've seen on here claim to be using the same naptha for a year or three and it still works well. I'd say if it's super orange then it may not be able to absorb a whole lot of goodies but you could clean it up by (after backsalting to ensure all goodies are out) just combining it with some distilled/clean water and shaking it around. The water will begin to take on the fats at which point you can dump the water and repeat the cleaning or just go ahead and use it.

Or if you wanna get really fancy you could distill it but that takes a lot of time, effort and equipment.

decibel
#2187 Posted : 10/24/2014 9:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Winemaker wrote:
Thanks for the compliment haha.

You can reuse the naptha, definitely. Some people I've seen on here claim to be using the same naptha for a year or three and it still works well. I'd say if it's super orange then it may not be able to absorb a whole lot of goodies but you could clean it up by (after backsalting to ensure all goodies are out) just combining it with some distilled/clean water and shaking it around. The water will begin to take on the fats at which point you can dump the water and repeat the cleaning or just go ahead and use it.

Or if you wanna get really fancy you could distill it but that takes a lot of time, effort and equipment.

Awesome! That was just the info I needed! Thanks again Big grin
Will not be distilling it though Surprised

And thank you to anarchy for replying Pleased

shineonyoucrazy
#2188 Posted : 10/25/2014 5:25:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I did cybs 50g acrb salt tek, and still ended up with goo. Not complaining cause it was some amazing goo that sent me to an amazingly beautiful place and had a wonderful euphoric/restorative feeling Smile just wondering what this could be caused by? I followed the tek to the t. I used 50g of Hawaiian acrb, sunnsyside brand naptha, sea salt (non iodized) and distilled white vinegar. I'm wondering if instead of trying the freeze precipitation, would it help to let it all just evaporate giving time for the crystals to form? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day,night, or experience depending on where you all are in the universe Pleased

3rdI
#2189 Posted : 10/25/2014 12:04:31 PM

veni, vidi, spici

shineonyoucrazy wrote:
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

you could try a mini A/B
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Earthwalker
#2190 Posted : 10/25/2014 3:39:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shineonyoucrazy wrote:
So I did cybs 50g acrb salt tek, and still ended up with goo. Not complaining cause it was some amazing goo that sent me to an amazingly beautiful place and had a wonderful euphoric/restorative feeling Smile just wondering what this could be caused by? I followed the tek to the t. I used 50g of Hawaiian acrb, sunnsyside brand naptha, sea salt (non iodized) and distilled white vinegar. I'm wondering if instead of trying the freeze precipitation, would it help to let it all just evaporate giving time for the crystals to form? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day,night, or experience depending on where you all are in the universe Pleased

I was never getting any crystals in my extractions either , but like many members I just wanted to pull crystals and I didn't really class an extraction a Truely successful until I got a dish of the white stuff , so this is how I did it
Step 1 , collect all the pulls from you're extraction

Step 2 get a seperate 300-400ml of water at ph 2-4 ,

Step 3 then mix it with the naphtha pulls buy mixing then seperate a good 10x

Step 4 then discard the naphtha from the acidic water. !

Step 5 Now get a minimal amount of water and mix 50g of lye

Step 6 mix basic water into acidic water , it will turn white strt away . And mix well !

Step 7 , now just pull with fresh naphtha ! And that's a mini ab ! Good luck Thumbs up

sbc1
#2191 Posted : 10/25/2014 3:47:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker I followed your mini a/b from your tek, does it matter in regards to the volume's of water, vinegar, lye ect because these volumes your suggesting are different

Earthwalker
#2192 Posted : 10/26/2014 9:00:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sbc1 wrote:
Earthwalker I followed your mini a/b from your tek, does it matter in regards to the volume's of water, vinegar, lye ect because these volumes your suggesting are different

The measurements and water volumes are not needed to be exact , as said in my TEK don't sweat the small stuff ! as long as the process and the ph levels are correct as it's just a simple chemical reaction that is needed !
Measurements are written in a TEK form so first timers have a recipe of sorts to follow , if you have a ph meter and you know the order of processes needed you don't need to follow a TEK ! It is that simple Thumbs up

sbc1
#2193 Posted : 10/26/2014 9:49:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers for the reply and thanks for yours and cybs hard work in making great teks that are perfect and easy to follow for first timers like myself Thumbs up

DreaMToday
#2194 Posted : 10/26/2014 4:54:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So im researching this tek (joshisom's tek) its here on the forums and during the acid cook its mentioned to used an appropriate sized pot. Say if one were to scale the tek down by a 10th. So one would have 100gs acrb, 360ml distilled water, and 40ml vinegar. Would a 1 or 2 quart sauce pan be appropriate because I know doing it in too large of a pan will burn the aqueous solution because its spread too thin? For the acid cook could one use a non-stick pan or just stick with stainless steel?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=44251

concombres
#2195 Posted : 10/26/2014 5:21:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would stick with stainless steel. i'm not sure if non-stick coating will react with acids, but it's better to avoid using anything questionable in an extraction. The coating may also get scratched & chip off in the water during stirring if it's teflon.

& as for pan size, you can experiment a bit. If it's tok much for a smaller pot, move it to a larger pot it will fit in. If you do not have one, you can do the boil split into 2 seperate pots & then once reduced enough to fit, mix both pots into one & continue.

DreaMToday
#2196 Posted : 10/26/2014 5:46:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info, the tek doesn't say anything about stirring it just said boil, "(don't be afraid to boil rigorously, also make sure there is a lid on the pot)."

If ones to stir it, how often?

Also after it starts boiling is it more appropriate to lower the heat to just maintain the boiling?

Earthwalker
#2197 Posted : 10/26/2014 8:43:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMToday wrote:
Thanks for the info, the tek doesn't say anything about stirring it just said boil, "(don't be afraid to boil rigorously, also make sure there is a lid on the pot)."

If ones to stir it, how often?

Also after it starts boiling is it more appropriate to lower the heat to just maintain the boiling?

I don't do the boil TEKs but I would imagine if you're rigorously boiling you should stir enough to stop from clumping on the bottom and that inturn would stop from burning or sticking and hotspoting the pot and liquid !Thumbs up

trippingmean
#2198 Posted : 10/26/2014 10:18:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

if im getting a white powder/crystal dmt after my mimosa extraction, and it stores and stays in powder form at freezer temps indefinitely, but turns into a dark yellow wax after acouple days at room temperature. is that a sign of moisture in my dmt or a sign of plant fats/impurtities.

decibel
#2199 Posted : 10/27/2014 8:01:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

trippingmean wrote:
if im getting a white powder/crystal dmt after my mimosa extraction, and it stores and stays in powder form at freezer temps indefinitely, but turns into a dark yellow wax after acouple days at room temperature. is that a sign of moisture in my dmt or a sign of plant fats/impurtities.

It sounds as if its oxidizing. Not sure though - it might also just be some fats. Nothing to worry about, just make sure to keep it in an airtight container, cool and dark. Personally, I like my spice to have a some "impurities" in form of fats and DMT-Oxide, etc. - it gives the experience an extra punch Thumbs up

Hephaestus
#2200 Posted : 10/27/2014 3:59:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,
I recently tried Noman's DMT For the Masses Tek, and during the freeze precipitation, I only was able to precipitate probably less than 0.5 mg's of DMT from a Naphtha solution pulling from 50g of bark. There were no crystals in the naphtha solution and only extremely small slightly transparent dmt crystals sticking to the sides. I suspect that I may have used too much naphtha and am currently evaporating it off right now. Noman's tek told me to use 1ml of naphtha for every 15ml of water in the lye solution. It also told me to use 1.5 to 2 times the water if I used pre-powdered bark like I used. This meant that I used around 90ml of naphtha for each of the first and second pulls, with the third pull I tried using 15ml naphtha total. The third extraction resulted in a much more yellow, but clear and free of particulates liquid with the color and consistency of urine. However, stupidly, I mixed this with the naphtha from the second pull for the freeze precipitation process. What do you think my problem was, and do you think it would be resolved by letting it evaporate for a few days before trying to freeze precipitate it again?

Thanks.

«PREV108109110111112NEXT»