We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A long overdue first post Options

gratefulfloyd
#1 Posted : 8/24/2010 3:17:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everybody,

I'll start off by saying that I am a college student studying in a north midwestern state, finishing up on my 5 year plan.

My experience with psychedelics started some 5 years ago when I was first introduced to psilocybin mushrooms, my first trip was dull to say the least, the chocolates I was given were rather weak and although there were a few slight visual and mental effects it was not as nearly enough for me to consider it spiritual or enlightening. On my second attempt my best friend and I each ate an eighth of mushrooms and went exploring through a local nature reserve all day, where we explored both the nature of the earth and the nature of our minds. New revelations and insight changed my life, I went from being someone who discriminated against everyone who was different than me, to being a person who accepted others based on character rather than what color, creed, gender, or orientation they were. This happened instantly over night.I went from being a Catholic for no apparent reason, to becoming more spiritual, learning to question organized religion in order to figure out my own place in the universe.

Eventually I was blessed enough to find LSD, with this valuable tool I quit abusing cocaine, something that had started to take control of my life in my senior year of high school (spent over 2000$ in a month), when I dropped these 3 1/2 hits of highly potent red blotted I had another amazing introspective experience that can go beyond any words.

Last year I was blessed by a friend, he told me he thought I was ready to experience the spice one day when we closed up the head shop we had both been working at. We went to his house and he told me if I truly thought I was ready that I had to take a full dose on my first time, as there is no reason to pussyfoot around if you truly think you are ready, I said I was ready and he loaded about 100mg in between 2 layers of MJ. He said "Rip it" and I remember lighting it and taking the largest hit I could muster. I remember thinking it tasted and smelt weird, like plastic covered in sugar lit on fire, instantly I was destroyed, one hit was all I needed. I remember coughing and hearing a loud and increasingly amplifying ringing sound (which I now know as a carrier wave) My body had been turned to nothing, I was eyes. As the ringing became louder I remember being lifted from my body, what I saw was a 360 view of the room I was in, my friends had turned from themselves in to other beings, they were purple and green and looked other worldly. The scenery in the room kept changing, there were buildings and futuristic androids and robots emerging from the ground. There were huge flashes of light that were so bright I had to close my eyes, beautiful colors and patterns emerged behind my eyes, I started to hear a female's voice and got the fear, I opened my eyes in order to calm myself but to no avail. The lady's voice told me to not fight it and to just submit. I did, and instantly I was merged in to the colors, I flew through several different places that were beyond anything I could describe, I was in a state of bliss and felt like I was having a huge orgasm. There were waterfalls and amazing structures that were so complex that it jsut baffled my mind. The lady eventually told me it was time to go home and that I would be allowed to return when the time is right. I opened my eyes and there were double helix flying through the air, and I was shaking and crying in joy to be alive and to know that I would e welcome back someday, The afterglow lasted over an hour in which I tried to figure out what had all just happened. Since then I have had problems with finding spice so I learned to extract so I could have my own personal stash so I could explore to my heart's desire, that is when I stumbled upon this place, noman's tek was extremely helpful and by my third go I was only pulling white crystals Smile, I also have been reading people's theories and I feel like people having similar experiences is not just a mere coincidence but shows that we are all connected on some higher level. The nexus has has taught me that my own spice was a lot more rewarding than some made by another person's hand, it feels a lot more fulfilling to know that my hard work pays off with rewarding experiences.

So basically thats about the history of my psychedelic use and how I managed to end up here. My next step is to try my hand at changa, I am hoping that this will help me learn more and ready me for trying the sacred brew some day. I feel like this gradual transition should help me.

The only question I have as of now is whether or not changa can help you prepare for the journey that aya can offer you.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 8/24/2010 10:47:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there, welcome to the Nexus.

On the question about changa preparing one for an Aya journey, if you want to prepare yourself for Aya start off with just a Caapi tea, once you are familiar with the effects of the tea, then add an admixure.

You could also make a 10x caapi leaf(ala Dorge), which inturn is almost like a smokable Aya.
Check this thread by ms_minxx https://dmt-nexus.me/for...aspx?g=posts&t=11644

ragabr
#3 Posted : 8/24/2010 3:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus. Sounds like quite the journey you've been on so far.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/24/2010 4:32:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! That was a very nice introduction essay!

Im glad psychedelics have helped you make positive changes in your life. They definitely have helped me too!

As for the changa and aya, the link gamma posted is a good one. In any case my opinion is that, while there are similarities and it does help to get a bit of an idea, then again, I think that different psychedelics are not really an accurate preparation for others, specially if mode of ingestion is different (like smoked vs oral). For example if I ask you, do you think mushrooms were a preparation for your smoked dmt trip, what would you say?

In any case I feel that changa is very nice way of vaporizing dmt, and it does get closer to aya than smoked dmt. Regardless, its an amazing experience, and so is aya. With either of them, just go in with respect, taking care of set and setting , setting your intentions straight, integrating, and all shall be fine. When you do take ayahuasca, go low on your first dosage and raise it gradually.

Good luck!

gratefulfloyd
#5 Posted : 8/24/2010 8:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all the links they sure are helping. I know I am not truly ready for aya yet, but I know I am getting there. I feel like it is something you can not just jump in to, when the time is right I'll be ready.

hyperspacing
#6 Posted : 8/24/2010 11:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus!! Great essay, thank you for sharing I enjoyed it. Changa is wonderful and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I started with dmt and moved on to changa. I remember thinking wow this stuff just keeps on getting better and better lol. Enhanced leaf is also very nice.

Here's some herbs I recomend: caapi leaf, pau d'arco(a must have IMO) mullein, calea, blue lotus. Those are some of my favorites but there's many others. You can mix and match them as you wish. Check out the changa section of the forum for more info.

~goodluck and safe journeys
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.