We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Been lurking... Options

Floz
#1 Posted : 8/23/2010 8:44:30 AM
Stray Dog

I've been around here for a while now -about a year- and I think it is time that I start posting a bit more. It would really help me if I could post in places outside the nursery. As it is now, I don't post in the forums much at all. Really, all I do is go to the chat because I am not restricted to one area on there( well there is only one area in the chat, but..). Anywho, I don't know if I will ever be an important figure here, but what I do know is that if I don't have anything to say I will just LURK MORE.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 8/23/2010 1:35:39 PM

John Murdoch IV

Well you could tell us a little about yourself and your experience with psychedelics. Shouldn't be too hard.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 8/23/2010 2:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a copy of the new welcome message all new members receive (you registered before the welcome message was implemented so I guess you didnt receive it). Pay attention specially to point 4

Quote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

Before you start posting, we highly recommend you to check a few of our very important information resources.

1- Attitude Section - Instead of rules, we at the nexus preffer that people follow a certain attitude, which is specified in this section. It is ESSENTIAL that you take your time to read it, because disrespecting the community attitude will disrupt our balance and can result in suspension of your account.

2- Health and Safety - DMT and psychedelic safety information, health and integration tips written by professionals and experienced members are collected in this section. We highly recommend to read it!

3- FAQ - In this section have added (and continue to add) the most frequently asked questions. Before posting a question read it as your question might have been answered already! For example if you want to research extraction methods but dont know where to start, read here and then read a few of the extraction teks in the WIKI.

4- New members posting limits - To prevent influx of badly intended members, new members are restricted to posting in the nursery area until they get promoted, which is usually just a matter of short time and a few genuine posts. Be patient, do not keep asking for being promoted, it will happen soon enough!. Posting an introduction essay telling a bit about yourself will also help increasing the chances of the promotion. Remember, when promotion happens, you wont receive any message. You can notice you have been promoted by looking at the left side of your posts, just below your avatar. If there is a seedling icon, you are still in the nursery. Once this icon dissapears, you have been promoted.

5- Wiki - With this collaborative work tool we add a lot of information such as extraction and conversion teks of all kinds, botanical and chemistry information, alkaloid solubility, psychedelic glossary, etc. Explore it!

6- Search function - A lot of discussions have been had already. Before posting a question, if it hasnt been answered in the FAQ, use the search function and feel free to revive old interesting threads if you have a relevant comment or question to make.

Enjoy!

And yes, as DMTripper said, this is an introduction essay thread but this is not really an introduction. The purpose is for us to get to know you. From this 'essay' the only thing we can get to know from you is that you want to get promoted. Specially the last sentence is quite unnecessary I think. What motivation will anyone have to promote you if you dont care enough to present yourself, and make a "threat" that if we dont promote you, you wont contribute to the forum ? Thats not exactly a very friendly kind of attitude. Im sure you can do better Smile

Floz
#4 Posted : 8/23/2010 11:44:52 PM
Stray Dog

endlessness wrote:

Specially the last sentence is quite unnecessary I think. What motivation will anyone have to promote you if you dont care enough to present yourself, and make a "threat" that if we dont promote you, you wont contribute to the forum ? Thats not exactly a very friendly kind of attitude. Im sure you can do better Smile

What a misunderstanding. Embarrased

That is not what I meant. I didn't mean that I won't contribute, I meant that I won't be able to. It was not meant to be some sort of threat.

I understand what you guys are getting at, I'll write up a better essay soon.