We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What happens with ultra high (150+ mg) doses of smoked DMT? Options

Vlad
#1 Posted : 5/28/2008 9:01:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't found a report or discussion about it yet. I'm curious to know what happens.
On that note I heard if you go beyond the elves you get to something else. I read before of that but not sure what it was. Anyone knows?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 5/28/2008 9:25:11 PM

The Great Namah

Too much spice and the body just blacks out.

Nothing can be remembered.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/28/2008 10:08:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

honestly, I cant even imagine that being possible..

I mean, unless someone strapped some vaporizer sort of thing to my mouth and nose so the smoke came independent of my action..

I say this because every time SWIM tried to smoke more than 50mg spice (like, say, 80mg a couple of times), SWIM took a hit, second hit, third hit and already totally off his mind but was able to take 4th hit... he could not physically smoke more (and basically just dropped the pipe or friend took from his hand), and after the very strong trip, SWIM saw that there was even some bit of leftover unvaporized crystals in the pipe... so SWIM felt its really not physically possible for him at least..

as for the ´whats beyond the elves´, SWIM had a couple of experiences where he went to a place that one could define ´beyond´, and there was some very calm space with a buddha-like figure floating in the middle of a mandala.... or something like that... It just emanated a lot of peace and wisdom..

but I suspect there are many possibilities of ´going beyond´, and really dont know essentially which experience is beyond which other one, if you know what I mean...

benzyme
#4 Posted : 5/29/2008 12:03:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

overdose is amnesic
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

imachavel
#5 Posted : 5/29/2008 4:55:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

what if he just had a really bad trip? or went into a trip beyond 15 minutes, dmt doesn't work like acid?

benzyme
#6 Posted : 5/29/2008 5:56:57 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

imachavel wrote:

what if he just had a really bad trip? or went into a trip beyond 15 minutes, dmt doesn't work like acid?

no, not the tolerance curve is much steeper.
it's more like psilocin, effects shoot off the chart with increasing dosage..though when vaporized, you must inhale it all within 20-30 seconds.
if I'm not mistaken, lsd plateaus in effect beyond a certain dosage (~750 mics)
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#7 Posted : 5/29/2008 1:33:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

not really... it´s indeed a common belief but lsd definitely has a bigger effect (not just time-wise) at much higher doses... check out the ´thumbprint´ thread in shroomery if you are already a member there for a while and have access to it for more info

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 5/29/2008 2:27:49 PM

The Great Namah

imachavel wrote:

It doesn't work like LSD at all.

The peak of a dmt trip will not last beyond 5-8 minutes without an MAOI. Bad "trips" can happen on lower doses of spice, but because of the short duration a bad trip is manageable. Higher doses just become chaotic and confusing and too high of a dose will shut the system down, making a "bad trip" impossible.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 5/29/2008 2:54:16 PM

analytical chemist

endlessness wrote:
benzyme wrote:

not really... it´s indeed a common belief but lsd definitely has a bigger effect (not just time-wise) at much higher doses... check out the ´thumbprint´ thread in shroomery if you are already a member there for a while and have access to it for more info
thumbprints are all fun and good, but what I'm figuring is that there is an absolute peak plasma concentration, this is pretty much dictated by the liver. as soon as lsd gets in the bloodstream, it's already being broken down. not sure why i think the effects peak, perhaps because lsd also has an antagonistic effect on receptors other that 5HT2A; non-competitive inhibition. I'm wondering if it acts as an allosteric effector at these sites

Vlad
#10 Posted : 5/31/2008 4:04:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What about ultra high IV or IM doses? There the problem of not having the time to inhale and hold all the smoke doesn't pose itself.
What's the right dose anyway for IV and IM injections? Isn't it something like 0,2 mg/kilo body weight? Strassman mentions this in his book but does someone know more from experience?

benzyme
#11 Posted : 6/5/2008 4:16:39 AM

analytical chemist

regardless of the method of administration, the mind reboots after overdose. you just don't remember it.

flyboy
#12 Posted : 7/5/2008 4:18:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What is you were on some major amphetamines also, would you still black out?

Perhaps we are giving up too early: if we can manage mega doses and be alert at the same time perhaps we'd make veritable contact, perhaps we'd find ourselves 'elsewhere' entirely.

burnt
#13 Posted : 7/5/2008 9:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
What is you were on some major amphetamines also, would you still black out?

Perhaps we are giving up too early: if we can manage mega doses and be alert at the same time perhaps we'd make veritable contact, perhaps we'd find ourselves 'elsewhere' entirely.

that sounds like it could get dangerous..