We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How can i ensure a very intense experience similuar to smoking but longer Options

flyboy
#1 Posted : 8/21/2010 6:03:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Dudes, long time no post!

Question: Have smoked NN many times but never taken aya.

I have an ethnobotanical store 1 minute away by bike (lucky or what!) who has everything... chacruna, chaliponga, Powdered and whole mimosa, and both type of inhibitors.. the seeds and the vines.

OK. Now, I have no problem with purging out of both ends - I'm lactose intolerant, so that comes naturally by now Smile

What I DON'T want to do it waste hours brewing and salivating only to come off with some sort of twinkle-twinkle little star trip. I've done lsd and shrooms and e and slavia combinations all kinds for 25 years and lots of thoe trips alone, I'm OK without a sitter.

Now... what quantities/preparations would you more ambitious psychonatus recommend i brew today for tonight, in about 10 hours or so? I would really like to achieve maximum effect, ie. i want to get freaked out like i do most times with smoking a high dose - but i'm hoping you can point me to a more drawn-out deeper more organic experience.

I'm thinking Chaliponga, i hear that is the most severe - true? If so, should i use harmala or the inhibitor vine (can't remember the name)... or should i stick to mimosa (i have about 50 grams here)?

Thanks for the advice.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

flyboy
#2 Posted : 8/21/2010 6:28:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh crapola, excuse me i see another threat here 17 msg long that answer just this.

jaguar
#3 Posted : 8/21/2010 6:42:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want a really intense, healing ayahuasca experience, go to a peruvian shaman or to someone who works with real ayahuasca, brewed in the amazonian region. SWIM has had a lot of home-brews and lots of them were pretty intense, but nothing could get close to what he experiences when he drinks "real" ayahuasca, that thick, honey-like brew.

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 8/22/2010 4:32:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When it comes to something like achieving a +4, there are no rules. It is a gift of Spirit. Humility, surrender, love, gratitude, and tedious ritual preparation prepare the mind more than any attempts made with dosage.

If you can't remember the name of the "inhibitor vine," I suggest doing lots of research at sites like Ayahuasca.com. There is SO MUCH to be gained from these experiences, and I encourage your curiosity--the more you learn about the subtleties of all the plants involved, the richer, more rewarding, and more transforming your experiences will be.

The strange thing is, sometimes less is also more.

It is very possible for Ayahuasca to send you to hyperspace, and leave you there for hours on end--but it is equally possible she will take you to a million other places, all of which are equally fascinating and do not necessarily compare to anything a smoked experience could bring you.

I've worked with Ayahuasca at home for almost three years, now, oral journeys numbering around 200--I compiled a thread titled "All About Aya" sharing the gist of my experiences with how to prepare for an amazing journey and cook an effective brew.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#5 Posted : 8/22/2010 4:51:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

jaguar wrote:
If you want a really intense, healing ayahuasca experience, go to a peruvian shaman or to someone who works with real ayahuasca, brewed in the amazonian region. SWIM has had a lot of home-brews and lots of them were pretty intense, but nothing could get close to what he experiences when he drinks "real" ayahuasca, that thick, honey-like brew.

I dunno..I can get mine really dark and thick..use more vine and brew for longer. I takes time to learn to brew well is all. I have talked to people who have said that they go deeper when they drink alone at home without the distractons etc of traditional ceremonies.

I think ayahuasca is ayahuasca..vine is ayahuasca.."real" ayahuasca is ayahuasca. A dont see why brewing at home cant get close to something from the amazon..maybe you had less potent vine..who knows.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#6 Posted : 8/22/2010 4:59:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"What I DON'T want to do it waste hours brewing and salivating only to come off with some sort of twinkle-twinkle little star trip."

Well then you might be dissapointed..Ayahuasca can tend to work in strange ways, sometimes not being too strong..while the next time with the same ammount of the same brew, blowing you away..

Maybe you dont eat so well and the first time you drink you really just need to purge alot..or maybe you have all kinds of issues to purge..or maybe youll just be sent into hyperspace..

But the expectations you have here sound sort of impatient..ayahuasca is best IMO when you work with it over a long period of time..not expecting everything out of the first experience you have with her. It's like taking a girl out on a date..would you expect her to just sleep with you that night?

..And Im being very serious here..ayahuasca is an intelligence...its not about tripping the biggest balls...approaching it with the desire to cultivate a longer-term dialogue seems much more realistic.

Anyways..ayahuasca usually jsut gives you what you need at the time..learn as much as you can and then go brew..its not too hard just dont go overboard your first time or you really might be in for it.. good luck.

Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#7 Posted : 8/22/2010 6:41:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A heavy dose of harmalas, especailly harmaline, seems to make for the strongest oral trip. Harmalas are a key factor. Also, have you considered extracting instead of aya?

Again, don't expect to get the perfect dosage on the first trip. If you take too much harmalas, you will feel dizzy and ill, even if it's extracted harmalas. You'll have to find for yourself the proper dose which is strong enough to make for a strong trip, but not enough make you feel physically shitty.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 8/22/2010 7:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no offense flyboy but... I've seen this 'movie' before and it doesnt end well.. The "I want the strongest experience and I can handle it" mentality doesnt work. It will very very possibly backfire, if not now, eventually. You might get the hyperspace slap of your lifetime, freak out, and put yourself or others in danger, physically or psychologically. Plus its a bad mentality and intention to have when going into such deep experiences. Not humble at all, and doesnt fall in line with the attitude we would like to promote here.

This was discussed in the pissing contest thread

If you want to be reasonable, just read this thread, check the usual dosages of whatever entheogen you feel like ingesting, start on the low end and raise the dosage gradually. There is no rush for anything, rush is a bad thing with this. You can always take a bit more next time if it wasnt as you expected.

I suggest you reconsider how you are presenting yourself and the way you are going into the experience.

jaguar
#9 Posted : 8/22/2010 11:04:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

I dunno..I can get mine really dark and thick..use more vine and brew for longer. I takes time to learn to brew well is all.

You are absolutely right, it was not my intention to say, that brewing great ayahuasca at home is not possible. It must be possible, but you need *a lot* of practise and experience and very good herbs. I know there exists some chacruna in Peru which will not even be available abroad and that strain is extremely powerful.

So especially if a beginner would try making his own brew, he will most probably not be too successful in his first try. So that is why I recommended starting ayahuasca with "real" ayahuasca. Otherwise you might get a completely wrong impression of the whole meaning of this santa medicina.

But also the quality of "the real tea" differs a lot. I heard of one guy who, in the past, only drank very good brews of shamans from Peru and Brazil and he lately attended a Daime ritual. He was extremely disappointed from their tea, it was not getting close to what he had experienced before. So also consider this. Finding good tea is not very easy, you need to have very good connections.

fractal enchantment wrote:
I have talked to people who have said that they go deeper when they drink alone at home without the distractons etc of traditional ceremonies.

Yes, I very much agree. You will never have that silence in a ceremony with many people, because, unfortunately, a lot of people don't care keeping real silence, some are unable to and some don't even notice they are being noisy. It's too bad. But ceremonies with let's say 10-15 people can be very magic in their own way. This group energy is not to be underestimated. Sharing feelings, holding each other, doing energy work, singing together. All that can create an environment of pure bliss. So both ways are wonderful.

SWIM likes both very much. Deep insight and stronger visions he more often gets when he drinks alone at home. There he has *absolute* silence and can go into the experience very deeply.

polytrip
#10 Posted : 8/28/2010 7:27:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There are multiple ways of making an experience stronger and to prevent experiences from being very weak.

-on the whole you can say that mimosa is much more consistent than psychotria viridis, so you are less likely to have a weak experience with mimosa than with chacruna.
-If you always have to purge, it is recomendable to have another dose of ayahuasca around, so you can immediately take a second dose if you've emptied your stomach and bowles before the spice has entered your bloodstream.
-The right amounts of MAOI is crucial if you want DMT activity. You don't easily take too much caapi. Taking 10% or 20% more than what is strictly nessecary is not dangerous at all for healthy individuals.
-Small amounts of mushrooms will give the brew a huge boost.
-a few datura seeds will increase the experience.
-An empty stomach is preferable, but even better is it to have an ALMOST empty stomach. Eating something light about three to four hours before taking the brew is most ideal. A brew can be very harsh for a totally empty stomach.
-ingest the brew as fast as possible. Get as much alkaloids within your stomach as fast as possible. That's the best way to prevent the DMT from being broken down before it manages to enter the bloodstream.
-Be in a good physical shape. Having had a bit of physical exercise before taking it is preferable. It will help your body and therefore your mind to relax and surrender.