We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Stuck on a level Options

Mindlusion
#1 Posted : 8/21/2010 5:21:00 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

When I have been smoking high doses of saliva, I always seem to get to this level, I know I can go higher, but the level has rules, usually rules my surroundings I am so immersed in this level I don't know it until I start to come down from it. The come down is often a little scary, sometimes, if I lose control, it feels like I have to escape.

I was smoking my own 50x extract. Today I was feeling adventurous, It was a big bowl.
I am writing this just as I came back.

Hmm?
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 8/21/2010 6:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Salvia experiences tend to follow “themes” that change from time to time. You may continue to have similar experiences for several trips, or maybe many, before the theme changes.

Also, you make your own 50X extract? Why 50X? A strong dose of 50X (if made properly) is about 8mg. A dose that small is hard to measure accurately, even with a milligram scale.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 8/22/2010 5:35:49 PM

gibran2 wrote:
Salvia experiences tend to follow “themes” that change from time to time. You may continue to have similar experiences for several trips, or maybe many, before the theme changes.

Also, you make your own 50X extract? Why 50X? A strong dose of 50X (if made properly) is about 8mg. A dose that small is hard to measure accurately, even with a milligram scale.

Theme changes I think is a really good way to explain it. When I think back to my earlier experiences they did have a slightly different theme.

Salvia to me is very healing I find. Even though the majority of my experiences have been anything but pleasurable, I realized that when we live our lives, we seek pleasure, and avoid pain. Normal human instinct. But I definitely learn a lot from a horrifying salvia experience. I don't mind the pain and fear salvia gives me. It can't hurt me, although it feels it can, its all part of the experience.

I haven't used saliva since yesterday, but I plan to work with it tomorrow.

I don't smoke 50x too much. It was more of an experiment.
I usually smoke my 25x and 10x. I quid with regular leaf and I get nice effects.

I agree that when smoking 50x the experience is really hard to accurately dose.
Ive been making extracts for a while and my technique is proper. If you wanted to know.

"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

gibran2
#4 Posted : 8/22/2010 6:36:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Mindlusion wrote:
[...I don't smoke 50x too much. It was more of an experiment.
I usually smoke my 25x and 10x. I quid with regular leaf and I get nice effects.

I agree that when smoking 50x the experience is really hard to accurately dose.
Ive been making extracts for a while and my technique is proper. If you wanted to know.

It’s just that you said you had a “big bowl” of 50X. I’m not sure how big a big bowl is, but the small bowl of my mini-bong holds up to 100mg of salvia.

Average plain leaf salvia contains about 2.5mg of salvinorin A per gram. So 50X extract contains about 125mg salvinorin A per gram. This means that a small bowl (100mg) contains 12.5mg salvinorin A.

A strong dose of salvinorin A is about 1mg, and a blackout dose is less than 5mg for most people. Your report suggests you consumed in excess of 12.5mg of salvinorin A, yet your reported experience is inconsistent with such an extreme overdose. This is why I questioned if your extract was indeed 50X.

I use 20X that I make myself, and I get very strong effects from an 18mg dose.

(For those familiar with DMT doses but unfamiliar with salvia extract doses, a “big bowl” of 50X salvia extract would be equivalent to taking a 400+mg vaporized dose of DMT.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Mindlusion
#5 Posted : 8/22/2010 7:29:48 PM

gibran2 wrote:

It’s just that you said you had a “big bowl” of 50X. I’m not sure how big a big bowl is, but the small bowl of my mini-bong holds up to 100mg of salvia.

Average plain leaf salvia contains about 2.5mg of salvinorin A per gram. So 50X extract contains about 125mg salvinorin A per gram. This means that a small bowl (100mg) contains 12.5mg salvinorin A.

A strong dose of salvinorin A is about 1mg, and a blackout dose is less than 5mg for most people. Your report suggests you consumed in excess of 12.5mg of salvinorin A, yet your reported experience is inconsistent with such an extreme overdose. This is why I questioned if your extract was indeed 50X.

I use 20X that I make myself, and I get very strong effects from an 18mg dose.

(For those familiar with DMT doses but unfamiliar with salvia extract doses, a “big bowl” of 50X salvia extract would be equivalent to taking a 400+mg vaporized dose of DMT.)

I understand your confusion.

When I said "big bowl" I meant it in comparison to what I usually smoke when using 50x. Normally, when I have used other times, 50x, I only put in a piece of a leaf the size of my fingernail or smaller.

I just about filled the bowl this last time, so I called it a "big bowl" which I realize is not a very good way for measurement on the nexus.

I re filled the bowl, took it out and weighed it. And, well my scale is only 0.01
So I re filled again and put another bowl on the scale. It came up as 0.01

So my bowl holds around 0.005g

But according to what you said, That still seems like a big dose.
I have never heard of a black out on salvia, but with high doses I usually don't remember the salvia hitting me. I just remember after effects which are strong.

I think the real reason though, is that my 50x is probably not exactly theoretical yields.

When I made this 50x, I pulled with acetone 3x from 49g of leaf.
I washed with naphtha 1x to purify it from plant oils and waxes.
Then re dissolved in acetone and evaporated onto 1g of leaf.

I did this in the dark, but I probably did lose quite a bit from being degraded from light, naphtha wash, other variables. I did pretty good, as I do a lot of extractions, but I don't own a lab.

EDIT:
Oh, and I didn't exactly explain very much of the experience, as I was wondering about being stuck on a level.
Don't get me wrong, It was very powerful.