We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
egg in aya bad, or dmt tolerance showing up Options

brainsand
#1 Posted : 5/27/2008 9:53:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a froaf started using egg in mimosa to get tannins out and since then the experience has been lessened

is he developing a tolerance to dmt or does the egg take out some of the compound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/27/2008 10:24:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brainsand wrote:
a froaf started using egg in mimosa to get tannins out and since then the experience has been lessened

is he developing a tolerance to dmt or does the egg take out some of the compound

how exactly is he proceeding with his egg tannin removal?

brainsand
#3 Posted : 5/28/2008 8:14:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mimosa boiled with vitamin c to acidify for an hour with water added as water boils away

then filtered , a half cup of brew

then poured back into pot with sediment on bottom of cup now a strong black tea

3/4 cup of water added and heated with one egg of whites

used to be two egg whites

3 to 5 minutes later the egg is cooked so it is easily filtered

sitting til dry and a lot of egg stuff is at the bottom and is filtered once more

i dont know why my crazy friend would drink mimosa but he is crippled by loss of potency

he was told egg filtered brew was stronger but this way he thinks the eggstuff has dmt in it

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 5/28/2008 8:19:42 PM

The Great Namah

Are you reducing your brew before you do the egg white filtration?

If so, that is probably your problem. Egg white filtration should be done while the brew is unconcentrated. Else you risk loosing a lot of your actives. Also, I would highly suggest using vinegar instead of vitamin C. It works a lot better at extracting the alkaloids and will boil off when the brew is reduced. Also 1 cook for an hour is really not enough. I will do 2-4 cooks for 1-3 hours. I am guessing a lot of your actives are still in the plant material.

Also, are you working with new plant material? That may be your issue as well. Aya seems to build a reverse tolerance the more you use it.

What MAOI source are you using? Has that changed at all?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

brainsand
#5 Posted : 5/28/2008 8:34:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

my friend in brazil where this is legal uses 5 grams rue each time

he was told by a master that it works boiled for an hour if acidity is good

doesnt like vinegar and vitamin c seems to be doing the trick

when first boiled for an hour potency was extreme at 5 grams mimosa

then 10 grams mimosa wrecked the stomach only slightly but handleable so he tried egg with potency loss

my friend has decided to drink unfiltered and experiment boiling more just in case even though 1 hour boiling potency was high

he believes the tannins in the brew unfiltered are antibacterial and antifungal, a dose of mimosa is just a heavy dose of tannins, people puke when overloaded with green tea, wine tannins too

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 5/28/2008 9:01:47 PM

The Great Namah

Egg whites...are you using them with reduced or unreduced brew?

The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

brainsand
#7 Posted : 5/28/2008 9:05:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

reduced

it is always reduced

low water with water added as it gets to low as it boils

he does not want to have to reduce it on burner scared of heat killing tdmt

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 5/28/2008 9:20:00 PM

The Great Namah

brainsand wrote:
reduced

it is always reduced

low water with water added as it gets to low as it boils

he does not want to have to reduce it on burner scared of heat killing tdmt

Ok,

It is always wise to do an egg white filtration with unreduced brew. Before filtering and before reduction is when I hear of most people doing this (and is when I do mine). Any filtering AFTER reduction will filter out some of your goodies and is not recomended.

The idea is that when you reduce the brew it becomes over saturated and some of the actives fall out of solution. If you filter these, you are filtering out your spice.

Egg white filtration works ok for mimosa, not as well as Viridis or Caapi, but it will remove some of the astringancy. I suggest doing it right after straining your mimosa bark out of the acidified brew. You obviously know that your liquid needs to be acidic enough or your eggwhite will not clump up. All of it should form a gel on the top of your brew. Heat is recommended.

There is a wonderful discussion about eggwhite filtration over at the ayahuasca forum here and here, you need to be a member to access it.

Shamans in the amazon will boil the hell out of their brew without any loss of potency. Many shamans say that the magic of the brew comes from the bubbles!
Most brews use massive amounts of water reduced to a few 100 mL. I wouldn't worry too much about losing spice due to boiling. More is lost due to an inefficient extraction.

Read up on making the brew as much as you can. There is a lot of good info around. Rue and mimosa do work well together and give more consistant results over caapi/leaf. I believe you can make a more efficient brew by a) increasing your volume of water while brewing b) increasing the amount of time the mimosa is brewing c) doing more than 1 acid water extraction on mimosa d) doing the filtrations during the right stage

The Spice extends life

brainsand
#9 Posted : 5/31/2008 7:53:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

straining and reboiling is tough because it gets stuck in the cheesecloth i was told and there is a process of lettting filtered brew sit, then mimosa powder collects on bottom of cup so that one more filter leaves tea

boiling brew with extra water than before for 1/2 hours seems to be effective

is some dmt still left in the mimosa powder?

this can be compensated by spending 40 cents in using more for an inefficient but close to optimal one time brew 1 1/2 hour extraction

effects back to par

my friend is happy