We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
is the substance used in the movie The Emerald Forest DMT? Options

Autodidactic
#1 Posted : 8/21/2010 5:31:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone else seen this movie, it was supposedly though probably loosely based on a true story. This aboriginal tribe used some substance that let them see through the eyes of birds and other animals. I know DMT doesn't have that effect, at least to my knowledge I was just wondering what substance you guys think that was supposed to represent? In anycase I thought it was a pretty good movie worth checking out if haven't, altered states was another good one.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

idtravlr
#2 Posted : 8/21/2010 7:19:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Autodidactic - Yes, you are correct on many aspects here. The substance they use in the movie, via blow-pipe insufflation is DMT. It is not pure n,n-DMT however, it is (from what I understand) either 5-MeO DMT from v. theiodora, and / or possibly 5-HO DMT (bufotenine) from A. colubrina (cebil or yopo) seeds. My understanding is that the blow-pipe administered substance was / is typically 5-MeO DMT however, collected in the form of resin from the Virola tree.

You are also correct in that the movie does not portray the effects of the molecule accurately, but at least it portrays it in a positive, healing kind of light.

I'm glad you started this thread actually because I remember watching that movie as a very young kid and being fascinated by those scenes in particular. It's actually one of the many factors that played into my desire to seek out, and one day try DMT. Very happy

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna