We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
The official "Is this chem ok to use? / Where can I find ...?" thread Options

Entropymancer
#81 Posted : 4/7/2011 5:50:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

the 40% ethyl acetate will probably keep it from being an effective solvent for DMT extractions. On an unrelated note: was the caps-locked thread title really necessary to get your message across?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PLURst3p
#82 Posted : 4/7/2011 6:52:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Already said Lowes bruh. There or Ace. Home Depot isn't the best place for supplies.
BTW, it's not illegal to call a store and ask if they sell a certain product.

Psilocybecube1
#83 Posted : 4/7/2011 8:55:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my thread was merged so i didnt see the thing about lowes. about the caps lock sorry im a bit of a spaz atm ill keep that in mind next time. The ethyl acetate was worrying me too so i will check out ace and lowes if no luck then i will buy a few differant brands online and test how well they work i found some for 4 bucks that checks out on the list that was posted thank you guys.

icekila
#84 Posted : 5/13/2011 9:41:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

HI, this is my first post, sorry if it is in the wrong place. I was wandering what acetone should I use for a extraction? what purity?. BTW I live in the UK and I would like to purchase from ebay. I have found one but I am not sure about it,

Acetone

Poekus
#85 Posted : 5/13/2011 11:22:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The ebay acetone looks ok if the specs are correct. It's best to buy foodgrade stuff but I doubt if this is available for acetone. You can do an evaporation test with the acetone alone to see wheter it leaves residue. It shouldn't leave residue.

icekila
#86 Posted : 5/14/2011 9:17:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I cant do evap test because if I buy the wrong one I will have to buy another one with extra cost, I just wanted to know the opinion of experienced members.

BathtubSkyPirate
#87 Posted : 5/14/2011 3:45:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where do the dutchies get there D-Limonene? Can't seem to find it anywhere Sad

Poekus
#88 Posted : 5/14/2011 3:58:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jimjamshop is à dutch based shop which sells dlimonene at reasonable prices. I got it from eBay from à uk vendor . It arrived in 3 days in the netherlands.

BathtubSkyPirate
#89 Posted : 5/14/2011 4:00:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jimjamshop is out of stock for ages Sad

Poekus
#90 Posted : 5/14/2011 4:30:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I got mine from eBay store mistral_ie. Very responsive vendor and worked out great for my extractions.

YTXian
#91 Posted : 5/17/2011 10:46:45 AM

Not an angry scientist but a mad one.

Can hydrated lime be used as a substitute for lye most of the time or are there special conditions in which lime will work or not work?

I ask because I do not like useing lye and it is difficult to obtain, for me, as well.
Also, although I love qt21qt21's "dry tek" I suspect that I could get much greater yeild with a diffrent tek that is ..."wet".
I would like to use muratic acid and lime in an A/B extraction. I hypothesize that eliminating vinegar from my process and using a diffrent acid will result in a greater yeild.

Qt21qt21 says in his tek that all the materials called for must be percise or the tek won't work.
Therefore I'm thinking that if I simply substitute a solution of hydrocloric acid for the vinegar in the 'dry tek' it won't work(?)...or will it?
Does anybody already know if this will work or not?

It seems that all the wet-teks I have reveiwed call for lye.
Could I substitute lime for the lye in, say, Vovins Tek?
In this world there are adults and there are children. In fact the world is filled with children; they are angry and hurt, frightened and abused, lazy and ignorant, stubborn and hateful. The world hates an adult and they would rather cause their peers to fail at any venture of self improvement before having to step up and improve their selves so as to maintain pecking order and evidence of the lowley opinion they have of each other. The best of them enslave the others so that they all consume and destroy all there lives in order to satisfy their immense greed claiming that they are providing a future for their legacy and never question the possibility of doing better in order to leave a real future for the children they will leave behind on this, our Earth. They pretend that it is impossible and when cornered they admit their apathy saying that they won't be around to suffer the out come. They hate the adults for exposing their immense weekness. The total failure that they call success. Mean while the adults strive to minimize their own impact and perpetually work to undo the damage already done. The adults who already know; they are the children of tomorrow.

Mr. K
#92 Posted : 5/21/2011 2:25:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mr. K as been looking for lye locally and can't find any so a substitute is needed. During a recent trip to Home Depot he came across a drain opener. MSDS says that its 34-50% sodium hydroxide, 0-3% potassium hydroxide, and 47-62% water. Initial thoughts is that this would serve well as a substitute because the NaOH and KOH are the recommended acids for A/B with mimosa. If Mr. K can get a yay or nay on this substitute it would be helpful. MSDS here http://www.homedepot.com...30-92df-346a650fb4c4.pdf
Anything posted by Mr. K is a work of fiction and should be completely disregarded.

endlessness
#93 Posted : 5/21/2011 11:32:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

YTXian wrote:
Can hydrated lime be used as a substitute for lye most of the time or are there special conditions in which lime will work or not work?

I ask because I do not like useing lye and it is difficult to obtain, for me, as well.
Also, although I love qt21qt21's "dry tek" I suspect that I could get much greater yeild with a diffrent tek that is ..."wet".
I would like to use muratic acid and lime in an A/B extraction. I hypothesize that eliminating vinegar from my process and using a diffrent acid will result in a greater yeild.

Qt21qt21 says in his tek that all the materials called for must be percise or the tek won't work.
Therefore I'm thinking that if I simply substitute a solution of hydrocloric acid for the vinegar in the 'dry tek' it won't work(?)...or will it?
Does anybody already know if this will work or not?

It seems that all the wet-teks I have reveiwed call for lye.
Could I substitute lime for the lye in, say, Vovins Tek?

You cannot use lime instead of lye in a wet tek because lime is poorly soluble in water, hence why you only see it used in a dry tek. So just do a dry tek instead.
lus vinegar is nicer to work with imo
As for muriatic acid, people have used it often enough and there is no significant difference in yield vs vinegar.

Mr K, I dont know about that product but MSDS looks good, if its really NaOH+KOH+water it should work just fine!

lohes
#94 Posted : 6/2/2011 2:47:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't find Naptha or lye in canada, I could order them off amazon, but I was wondering if there was any smaller chain-hardware stores in canada that sell either. I've checked home hardware, home depot, a couple of smaller paint stores that only had devoe vm & p (I can't find any info on it, I'm not planning on using it) and Canadian Tire

Wave
#95 Posted : 6/3/2011 6:05:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for bothering You about this, fellows, but SWIM needs some help for his first A/B extraction.
Until now, he used Lazyman but wasn't satisfied of the result's purity.

Now, as SWIM is from Italy, he can get NO VM&P Naphta, so he was looking for advices about use of Trichloroethylene or Diethyl ether as nonpolar solvents. Might be toxicity of Trichloroethylene could be diminished evaporating the result again with acetone?

Thank You for Your attention.

--
forth and deep

Tropical
#96 Posted : 6/13/2011 4:55:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if lime can be used for blab related teks instead of lye? Ca(OH)2

Thanks for any help.

edit: sorry just foudn my answer here: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m.../Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek

seems to work ok.

endlessness
#97 Posted : 6/13/2011 6:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You cannot use it in a wet tek like BLAB, as it says in FAQ and so on, you have to use it in a dry tek such as the one you linked, q21, or amorfati. Good luck!

qajak
#98 Posted : 6/17/2011 8:44:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Damn, I can't find 100% NaOH drain cleaner. The best I've seen was like 50% or more, rest is - sodium chloride, urea and mineral oil. Isn't liquid tho. Can it be used in extraction from mimosa ?

endlessness
#99 Posted : 6/17/2011 8:45:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No.

What else can you find? Can you find Calcium Hydroxide?

qajak
#100 Posted : 6/17/2011 8:47:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Haven't tried? Where can I find it ?
EDIT: Ok it can be found at building material stores. I'll try.

«PREV34567NEXT»