We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to vaporize b. caapi powder & get effect? Options

stonerpreneur
#1 Posted : 8/20/2010 2:03:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a vapor genie and was wondering if that would even make the DMT available & can't seem to find answers on the web. One sketchy looking site made me believe I could, but I figured one of you all might know. Just got 16oz of this *stuff*! (Powdered b caapi vine!) Thank you much in advance for your tips/advice/help!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/20/2010 2:31:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there's no dmt in caapi

please read more, take a few weeks of reading the nexus and the internet, because thats a really really basic question Smile

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 8/20/2010 2:45:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
please read more, take a few weeks of reading the nexus and the internet, because thats a really really basic question Smile

^ Stop

Banisteriopsis caapi contains the harmala-alkaloids harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine (THH). Together with a DMT source such as Psychotria viridis they form the constituents of the brew Ayahuasca. As DMT is rapidly broken down by an enzyme called MAO, you must take an inhibitor of MAO such as the harmala-alkaloids for DMT to be active by oral ingestion.

The harmala-alkaloids are active psychedelics by themselves too, so in theory you can smoke or vaporize B. caapi powder and get some (but no profound) effect, but that is by no means a good way to ingest it. I would suggest you buy some Psychotria viridis or other DMT source and brew some Ayahuasca, or you may drink Ayahuasca without a DMT source. Caapi only tea is actually a very healing and sometimes blissful experience.

stonerpreneur
#4 Posted : 8/20/2010 3:59:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
there's no dmt in caapi

Thank you so much for your response. I knew it was going to be a dumb question, but hey, better ask a dumb question then waste a bunch of lovely plant material only to find out it doesn't work. Smile

stonerpreneur
#5 Posted : 8/20/2010 4:02:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
endlessness wrote:

^ Stop

Banisteriopsis caapi contains the harmala-alkaloids harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine (THH). Together with a DMT source such as Psychotria viridis they form the constituents of the brew Ayahuasca. As DMT is rapidly broken down by an enzyme called MAO, you must take an inhibitor of MAO such as the harmala-alkaloids for DMT to be active by oral ingestion.

The harmala-alkaloids are active psychedelics by themselves too, so in theory you can smoke or vaporize B. caapi powder and get some (but no profound) effect, but that is by no means a good way to ingest it. I would suggest you buy some Psychotria viridis or other DMT source and brew some Ayahuasca, or you may drink Ayahuasca without a DMT source. Caapi only tea is actually a very healing and sometimes blissful experience.

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this for me. I have been jumping around from post to post trying to synthesize & process all the info I was receiving yet still couldn't figure out exactly how it all works. This clears it up & I will be taking your advice. Really, I can't thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction.

stonerpreneur
#6 Posted : 8/20/2010 4:05:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
endlessness wrote:

^ Stop

Just one follow up question, it's the chacruna or psychotria viridis *leaves* and not vine or root that I want, correct? To make a brew w/b. caapi?

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 8/20/2010 4:44:32 AM

John Murdoch IV

Yes Charuna leaves. Mimosa hostilis has DMT in the rootbark.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 8/20/2010 4:45:18 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yep, you want the leaves.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

stonerpreneur
#9 Posted : 8/20/2010 5:01:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If I were to pack a dmt plant agent (chacruna/mimosa hostilis/chaliponga/whatever) and an maoi one (pega whatever or b caapi) in a bowl together in my vapor genie(maoi + dmt), would this work? I really wouldn't want to spend the hours making the brew in my parents' kitchen unless absolutely necessary!

BananaForeskin
#10 Posted : 8/20/2010 6:53:46 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Ayahuasca (brewed caapi+chacruna) is for oral ingestion. If you want something to vape, order some mimosa rootbark and perform one of the extraction teks in the Nexus wiki in order to obtain freebase DMT, which you can then vape. I don't know if you can inhale DMT via vaping just the plant material, and even if you could, you would NOT be getting enough DMT to have any significant effect.

And really read around more. This stuff is basic... it'd be tons faster to USE TEH_GOOGLE.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

gammagore
#11 Posted : 8/20/2010 10:22:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

stonerpreneur wrote:
I really wouldn't want to spend the hours making the brew in my parents' kitchen unless absolutely necessary!

No, dont do that unless they are cool with you brewing up in their kitchen. Best is to wait till you have a place of your own.

stonerpreneur
#12 Posted : 8/22/2010 1:29:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Ayahuasca (brewed caapi+chacruna) is for oral ingestion. If you want something to vape, order some mimosa rootbark and perform one of the extraction teks in the Nexus wiki in order to obtain freebase DMT, which you can then vape. I don't know if you can inhale DMT via vaping just the plant material, and even if you could, you would NOT be getting enough DMT to have any significant effect.

And really read around more. This stuff is basic... it'd be tons faster to USE TEH_GOOGLE.

Sorry, I am super lazy and find it a lot easier to ask then spend hours searching, most of which time I am getting distracted by other things on my computer. (I am working on my lengthening my attention span. In fact, that is one of the reasons I have chosen to look into ayahuasca- in order to potentially face the demons that have perpetuated my procrastinatory, ADHD-reinforcing behaviors.)

Besides, I answer other people's basic questions all the time (though not yet on this forum) because I get satisfaction from pointing people in the right direction, so I figured I'd offer you fine people the same opportunity. lol Smile

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 8/22/2010 1:42:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see where you are coming from, but you got to understand that the DMT-Nexus is not "just another forum". We take great pride in saying that we probably are the best forum devoted to entheogens. Perhaps one of the best forums no matter subject. That means that every member will have to offer something right from the start - a good tone, good questions and new developments.

Asking questions that has been answered several times before will not do this forum any good. It only helps in burying the great threads deeper down in the archive. As such, this type of behavior is viewed dimly. You seem like a great person with the heart and mind in right place, but please, if you want to be a part of this forum, we ask you to research these very basic questions before continue with your posting.

All the best! And please, don't take any offense, as none was intended.

PS: Google search for our forum can be done like this:
Code:
inurl:dmt-nexus.me ayahuasca

stonerpreneur
#14 Posted : 8/22/2010 1:48:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
I see where you are coming from, but you got to understand that the DMT-Nexus is not "just another forum". We take great pride in saying that we probably are the best forum devoted to entheogens. Perhaps one of the best forums no matter subject. That means that every member will have to offer something right from the start - a good tone, good questions and new developments.

Asking questions that has been answered several times before will not do this forum any good. It only helps in burying the great threads deeper down in the archive. As such, this type of behavior is viewed dimly. You seem like a great person with the heart and mind in right place, but please, if you want to be a part of this forum, we ask you to research these very basic questions before asking them.

All the best! And please, don't take any offense, as none was intended.

No offense taken at all and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me. I actually had no idea that this was a more esoteric community with higher standards and have definitely not been posting with this consideration in mind. Hopefully I will prove that I am worthy of member-status after I have my first related experience involving the namesake of this forum. (Up until this point, I have only tried other entheogens, which perhaps I shall post about, in order to provide value to this community, which has definitely done provided value for me.)

I apologize for having taken the privilege to access this forum's experienced & informed users for granted, and would like to once again emphasize my appreciation for all advice thus far received.

Jousty
#15 Posted : 8/23/2010 9:39:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
stonerpreneur wrote:
I really wouldn't want to spend the hours making the brew in my parents' kitchen unless absolutely necessary!

No, dont do that unless they are cool with you brewing up in their kitchen. Best is to wait till you have a place of your own.

Keep in mind that PV (chacruna) vapors are quite strong. Both my wife and I felt like vomiting after 8 hours of cooking Aya in our small appartment. Definitely not something your parents would approve unless they are OK with you doing that or you have the place all to yoruself for a day.

Ash
#16 Posted : 8/23/2010 9:44:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-

endlessness
#17 Posted : 8/23/2010 10:05:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FAQ: What is DMT, Where do I learn the basics

Quote:
When smoking, we do not need to use MAOI because we do not have MAOs in our lungs. Nevertheless, some people like to also ingest MAOIs before vaporizing DMT, or vaporizing a MAOI together with the DMT (such as in changa), to make the experience last longer.

If you're gonna use the VaporGenie to smoke DMT, I recommend reading this thread which explains how you can do it. Otherwise the FAQ also has tips on other smoking methods

Ash
#18 Posted : 8/23/2010 10:08:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-