We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Older members do not post enough Options

breakMYhead
#61 Posted : 8/24/2010 11:24:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my post count is low. But i've been around awhile.

I agree with Wsaged 100%.

I know though whose posts are worth reading and I pretty much follow those topics/posts.
i post on behalf of a good friend.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#62 Posted : 8/25/2010 11:48:18 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Just to clear something up:

The amount of posts are not of any use for getting promoted! Some new members get promoted right after their first post while others seemingly stay in the nursery forever.

The one and most important question we ask before promoting a user: "Is this user a trustful person who shares our visions and attitude?". If the answer is yes: you are promoted, if no then you stay a little longer in the nursery.

I too think the nursery isn't the best thing possible and I would rather get rid of it but until someone comes with a better solution to prevent trolls, quick-info-grabbers and wannabe-high idiots from joining and polluting our forum we still have this nursery as the best option, pretty much like democracy is the best of all those flawed state forms.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

ismokecrystals
#63 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:25:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think words should be chosen carefully. Some people talk too much. Bicker bicker bicker.

Madcap
#64 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:40:16 AM

illudium Q-36

The only solution I can think of (besides the nursery...which I did not have to go through) would be for the Mods to be quicker to delete posts and ban troublemakers...or delete repeat posts and point the OP to the correct thread. Seems like allot of work for our mods..and the possability of anger

With the nursery trolls may be put off by the nursery and not ever really get in, move on to somewhere else to piss and moan. But, if we delete a trolls post we run the risk of another malicious facebook page being made in anger.

Do nursery members have access to chat?

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

TOXSIN
#65 Posted : 5/22/2013 11:09:08 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

This might be impossible or too much of a hassle to code but could you like maybe before allowing a new member to post, have a program scan the search button to see for similar questions and then maybe provide them links to those threads, rather then posting their comment and then if the threads once read didn't answer their question give them the option to post the question? Or the second idea which I know can be done/is feasible but still shitty is having a mod authorize new comer posts, however as a good side to this forcing mods to read newbie posts would allow them to better know the newbies and see faster and more accurately who deserves full memebrship.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

olympus mon
#66 Posted : 5/23/2013 2:08:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

TOXSIN wrote:
This might be impossible or too much of a hassle to code but could you like maybe before allowing a new member to post, have a program scan the search button to see for similar questions and then maybe provide them links to those threads, rather then posting their comment and then if the threads once read didn't answer their question give them the option to post the question? Or the second idea which I know can be done/is feasible but still shitty is having a mod authorize new comer posts, however as a good side to this forcing mods to read newbie posts would allow them to better know the newbies and see faster and more accurately who deserves full memebrship.

Although a good idea it would be a fulltime 8 hr job if the Mod team had to read and approve each new member's post I think. We all enjoy being of service but many mods don't have that much time or desire to read every post written by new members.

This is one reason Trav created the voting system so new members, (I don't like the word newbie It can be taken condescendingly), don't get overlooked in the mass's for promotion. I ideally try to find a person a day to promote although I don't promote everyday I do try to keep an eye out when I can.

Also, if you notice, the welcome area has much more traffic than full member area. New members are welcome and free to create threads about any topics allowed by the nexus rules and attitude in the welcome area. Trav has made sure of this so nobody feels they don't have a voice or able to access information.

I would have to check with Trav but maybe if there is a thread in say the Spirituality sub forum that new members want to engage in, create a new topic in the welcome area with a link to the OP and discuss away. We can move the replies into the OP thread if in line with the rules to keep the duplicates down but then at least everyone can join in the conversation. Again I would have to see if Trav is ok with that as it would mean the Mods need to be on top of it so it doesn't create many duplicates but i think its a good way for new members to be able to get involved with any thread. This would be as effective as your idea about mods approving each new post but cut drastically down on the work load by singling out only relevant posts as well as weeding out poorly written or irrelevant ones.

Lets see how people feel about this idea and I can Pm Trav and see if this is ok or more than likely he will see this for himself and chime in.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

null24
#67 Posted : 5/23/2013 4:51:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

TOXSIN wrote:

I think we all can agree the search function here is a little...nebulous. the shroomery has a function like you describe, it searches prospective posts then asks the poster if any of the presented info is of value in answering the? This would be really cool here.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

«PREV234